To All The Shoes I've Loved Before

Since only April....

black elisas....I was feeling frugal and returned them. Bad move on my part

taupe you love....I figured three pairs (black, red, pomice) were enough

oyster metal bambou....didn't thrill me when I got them

python patchwork banana....too brown

taupe yolanda....too meh (I BOUGHT AND RETURNED THESE TWICE)

nude patent ron ron....left foot fit strangely

nude patent simple...were just okay on

brown kid simple...a little bit boring on

python HP....another totally stupid return on my part

black/leopard maggie...bought pomice, and couldn't justify both

It's amazing to me that I've kept 12 pairs, given that I seem to have returned at least as many.

thanks for bringing this back naked!

new homes:

powder blue patent ernesta - my very first pair, bought at least a 1/2 small at nmlc. would love to find them in my size, i loved these shoes.
pink suede ron ron - terrified of the suede... got my suede fear under control, would love these back
gold barcelona wedge - the gold was tighter than the luggage pair i have in the same size and actually a little too much for me.
lace and patent candy flats - grosgain ribbon trim cut into my heel, so uncomfortable, would try 1/2 bigger?
burgundy patent turban flats - new tpf home, great style but the color just didn't work for me
gold graffiti ballerinas - fell out of love with the style, got more into heels
black leather perforated ballerinas - became too big
electric blue patent ballerinas - loved the color had trouble accessorizing
zebra tigresse wedge - new tpf home, loved these but slingbacks hate my feet
camel patent decollete - love these but the style was so uncomfortable, i would prefer a HP or VP
champage satin pour monsieur - don't know what i was thinking, impulse nmlc purchase

returned:

b&w greissimo - couldn't get my hands on my actual size, tried to settle but couldn't make them work

i think that's it!

wow!! this is so cool, but i kind of feel like a weirdo now. is it odd i have never, not even once, returned or sold a pair of shoes or a handbag? is there anyone else like me? :-s

when i see something i am obsessed with i get it, and keep loving it forever (at least 10 years now, that i have been buying designer bags/shoes). is that crazy? :shrugs:

wow!! this is so cool, but i kind of feel like a weirdo now. is it odd i have never, not even once, returned or sold a pair of shoes or a handbag? is there anyone else like me? :-s

when i see something i am obsessed with i get it, and keep loving it forever (at least 10 years now, that i have been buying designer bags/shoes). is that crazy? :shrugs:

you've got 9 years on me. it just means you try to be as judicious as possible and you have a style. you like sparkle so i dont imagine you selling those

Memories indeed! I think I have a few to add here since I last posted...

*Jade Watersnake Jennys. Sadly, they were 1/2 a size too big:sad:
*Framboise Suede MBBs. I kind of miss them!
*Bronze Python Titis. Again, 1/2 a size too big. They had to go too.
*Nude Patent Pigalles. 1/2 a size too big, now those I really miss. At least they are part of the classic collection and I'll be able to purchase them again in my correct size:smile:
*Black Patent YoYos. Wore those to death! The heel was a little low for me (85mm) but I loved & enjoyed them all the same. They were still able to make a sweet girl happy so that makes me happy:biggrin:

Last edited:
I've not posted here yet, here's my list:
Nude Alta Perla - my first pair, thought I needed to size up, so they were 1/2 to 1 size big
Black Formetera espadrilles - was between sizes and coun't get them to work for me
Black patent Decolzep - too big
Bone patent Decolzep - too small
This was time when I was trying to figure out my decollete size lol!
Nude patent Yoyo 100 - too small sadly, eventually found nude VPs to replace
Black VP red tip - too big
Bronze Decolltissimo - too big
Black nappa C'est Moi - somehow I didn't get on with them...
Black satin Let's Go - got these as DIY project, glittered them, but they were too big
Nude nappa Catenita - way too big, but I so wanted them to work!
Nude satin/gold Very Croise-my size, but killed my feet! really strange as bought the camel nappa/red version later in same size and they are one of my most comfy pairs
Burgundy Triclo - 1/2 size too big
Pewter New Simple - just didn't like them! Especially the toe box, they made me feel like old lady
Ivory satin Yoyo sling 85 - my wedding shoes, very, very sad about this, BUT I wouldhave never worn them and they were too low heel for my liking to go through the effort of strassing them
Black Yoclou - too big
Black canvas/lizzard Gabine - not sure why I sold these, but definitely didn't wear them much
Black pailette Pigalle 100 - loved these, but too small
Multi glitter NP - loved them too, but again too small
Cream/pink Very Croise - 1/2 size too big
Nude/black lace Pigalle 100 - thought I had too many nude shoes and they just didn't do it for me somehow...would really like the red or teal though!
Leopard pony Rolando - got them at the same time as black/leopard Maggies and didn't wanna keep too leopard pumps - Maggies won!
Royal blue Nuit D'ete - after stretching with wear they ended up too big

Blimey 23 pairs, I'm a bit cruel, but if they don't fit they have to go!

Oh wow, just came across this thread - I knew the list I kept on my phone due to nostalgia is of some use! Here's to all the shoes I've loved and let go of..

1. Rolando in black kid - too big, and the shape didn't suit me
2. Simple 85 in black python - too low, and the shape didn't suit me
3. Lady Page in oxblood patent - too small and pretty damn painful on
4. Very Prive in tortoise patent with gold tip - not too crazy about the VP shape in some material on me
5. Madame Claude in black patent - too small and the shape didn't suit me
6. Materna wedge in brown patent - too similar to the Miminette and Miss Boxe wedges that I have
7. I Love You wedge in white patent - too many wedges
8. Ambrosina in champagne - a bit too delicate and doesn't match very well with outfits
9. Moonbow in champagne lace - as above
10. Pin Up in seersucker - hard to maintain
11. Greissimo in b/w damas - as above
12. Dorepi 120 in taupe with python heel - too big
13. So Private in bronze - similar to my platine glitter Numero Prive
14. Mad Mary in black patent - Rolando toe box really didn't suit me
15. Alta Iowa in black suede - trying to keep my black shoes down to a minimum and these had to go..
16. 4 x Declic - where do I begin? Bought Declic 120 twice and sold because I loved them on others, but just not me. Bought Declic 140 twice also but couldn't handle the pitch (plus the shape didn't suit my feet either)
17. 2 x Lady Peep in nude patent - purchased one to strass but changed my mind. Sold my other Lady Peep in nude patent because I prefer lower heel styles in nude patent.
19. Deva booties in tan suede - too small and the style didn't suit me
19. Eventa mary jane in black suede - style didn't suit me
20. Pigalle 120 in black patent - again a difficult style, had these in 35, 34, 34.5 and returned/sold them all. Just repurchased them in 34 and fingers crossed they are perfect!
21. Very Prive 120 in nude patent - too big, but eventually found one in my size
22. Bow T Dorcet in ivory satin - too small, but eventually found one in my size! Potential wedding shoes :heart:
23. Ron Ron 100 in black patent - too big,
24. Miss Box 85 in black kid - too small, but eventually found one in my size

Last edited:
What a great thread to revive!!
I try very hard to only make purchases that I love. Despite that, there have been a few that have been returned or found new homes.

Maudissima 100 Nude Patent - too big. Returned.
Alti 160 Black Patent - practical colourway but not enough practical use. If I was going to dress up, I didn't reach for the Alti. Replaced with Ron Ron.
Very Galaxy 120 Fuxia Moire - Loved it but caused me too much pain to wear. Not sure if it was the VP base that didn't agree with my foot or the material I was terrified of breaking in. Passed on to a girlfriend that fit like a glove.

Red patent Rolando - Arrived with a rip in the front seam. Returned them and replaced them with lace bouquet HP!

Nude patent VP - Never quite fit right. Sold them and replaced them with nude patent HP :P

Framboise suede MBB 150 - A tad too big around the ankles. Returned them. Felt bad and bought the beige nappa a few months later in a half size smaller.

Black nappa Zoupi 120 - Couldn't justify so many pairs of black CLs, so I sold them. Regret it to this day since they were literally my comfiest pair.

Black patent Very Very wedges - Flat out uncomfortable. The ankle straps "sprout" out of the sole and constantly gave my foot blisters.

Black nappa Simple 85 - Half size too big. Sold those suckers and got the La Favorita

Oyster metal patent Bambou - It just wasn't love. I really wanted the Bibi 140 and I thought this would be good enough. No. I returned them and got the next one on this list...

Bordeaux suede Miss Clichy 160 - Could barely walk in them, but then again, they were half a size too small. Returned them and never bothered to replace them

Last edited: