Tips for people getting surgery alone?

I'm going to South Korea for the first time for an upcoming procedure. Feeling a bit nervous for the procedure but I'm even more nervous on how to get around, especially figuring out how to get from Incheon airport to Gangnam. Does anyone have any pointers or guides on how to navigate this?
My provider had an international plan so I had data almost everywhere I went (ofc with a daily price), but you can buy a cheap sim card at the ICN airport. For navigation, KakaoMap and NaverMap will be your best friends. Google maps is good if you need to use subways or buses but for whatever reason the Google Maps satellite doesn't show directions if you want to travel by car or if you want to walk. I would just use Google maps to find stores or places I wanted to go, and then copy the Korean address that showed up on Google maps into the Korean navigation apps. NaverMap is easier with using English, but imo it's less reliable. I liked KakaoMap better, it tells you how much a taxi ride or a bus/subway ride costs depending on your destination. But most of the app is in Korean and you can't search any place up even when using the romanized version of the Korean words. So I'd suggest saving/bookmarking important places on the app before you get to Korea so you can be more prepared.

For going from ICN to Gangnam, you can use the Uber app to call a taxi (I didn't notice any price difference between Ubering vs calling a taxi). I just directly went to the taxi stand at the airport. There will be a bunch of taxis there along the sidewalk.

I traveled to S.K alone and on top of that i have walking disability so my trip is slightly expensive than others. One thing i learned is to pack less because i can buy things cheaper in korea (only if you are coming from country where everything is expensive),

First I did choose and booked the clinic before coming to korea. It’s important to me since i am far to korea and it’s a hassle for me to go around clinic to clinic and go around with a translator. Though it’s actually better to do face to face consultation, I don’t have that luxury. So I choose my clinic based on
A. If they fit on my personal aesthetics
B. Kind of bad reviews
C. Price
Once i decided on the clinic, i choose to stay to Ocloud gangnam hotel. It’s cheap, near the train station and near convenience and restaurants.

Then i suggest to stock up supplies. Since ocloud is near the train station and the train station is near daiso i bought my supplies such as personal cup, toiletries, skincare, cutleries, pajamas, slippers, underwear, fabric fragrance, diffuser garbage bag. Then i go to convenience store to stock up water and porridge.

You can buy clothes on gangnam underground station/zara/muji. I used my credit card on my trip, of course it’s better if the store has apple pay.

i also took advantage of the skin treatments and clinic. Ocloud is near muse, lienjang (they already move) and ppeum.

Main transportation: Taxi, 80,000 won to airport. I haven’t tried the bus and train because i cannot walk well.

I did not do any sightseeing yet, mainly because im scared to go around because of my disability. But if you don’t have any disability you can go around seoul without any issue.

I use google sheets to plan my trip. From budget to itinerary.

Mobile plan: e-sim

Apps:
Kakaotalk
Kakaotaxi
Navermap
Papago

Reactions: moon_cake
I traveled to S.K alone and on top of that i have walking disability so my trip is slightly expensive than others. One thing i learned is to pack less because i can buy things cheaper in korea (only if you are coming from country where everything is expensive),

First I did choose and booked the clinic before coming to korea. It’s important to me since i am far to korea and it’s a hassle for me to go around clinic to clinic and go around with a translator. Though it’s actually better to do face to face consultation, I don’t have that luxury. So I choose my clinic based on
A. If they fit on my personal aesthetics
B. Kind of bad reviews
C. Price
Once i decided on the clinic, i choose to stay to Ocloud gangnam hotel. It’s cheap, near the train station and near convenience and restaurants.

Then i suggest to stock up supplies. Since ocloud is near the train station and the train station is near daiso i bought my supplies such as personal cup, toiletries, skincare, cutleries, pajamas, slippers, underwear, fabric fragrance, diffuser garbage bag. Then i go to convenience store to stock up water and porridge.

You can buy clothes on gangnam underground station/zara/muji. I used my credit card on my trip, of course it’s better if the store has apple pay.

i also took advantage of the skin treatments and clinic. Ocloud is near muse, lienjang (they already move) and ppeum.

Main transportation: Taxi, 80,000 won to airport. I haven’t tried the bus and train because i cannot walk well.

I did not do any sightseeing yet, mainly because im scared to go around because of my disability. But if you don’t have any disability you can go around seoul without any issue.

I use google sheets to plan my trip. From budget to itinerary.

Mobile plan: e-sim

Apps:
Kakaotalk
Kakaotaxi
Navermap
Papago
Great information! Thank you so much for sharing. I am also traveling solo so appreciate the insight.

Hi all, I’m new on the forum and planning on traveling to S Korea solo for surgeries in early May. I am Caucasian, and am planning on: facial fat graft, forehead lift, forehead reduction, upper and lower blepharoplasty.

I’m wondering if I’ll be able to see at all after upper AND lower bleph?? Haha. Will I be able to see my way around the hotel room to get food/water etc? 😅