tiffany E-ring or non tiffany e-ring? help!!!!

what would you choose?

• tiffany e-ring

• cartier e-ring

• non specific brand with larger diamond

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tiffany's stones aren't better than anyone else's. You will be paying for a teeny stamp in the band that no one but you will know is there and a blue box.
Some people love that, others don't need it.
ITA. Honestly I am a "brand person" and I wanted I looked at both Tiffany's and Cartier but decided on a Hearts and Arrow diamond because I could get twice the size.

Here in the states, any jewelry store will clean your jewelry for free . . . I'm always surprised people consider at a plus for Tiffanys as it's not unique at all.

my heart is set on either cartier or tiffany , i keep getting this weird panging feeling if i think about going elsewhere . for me i think this thread won't really help me and i need to decide myself. now i'm just deciding between saving for the ring or the rolex first. is there a way to close this thread?

Here in the states, any jewelry store will clean your jewelry for free . . . I'm always surprised people consider at a plus for Tiffanys as it's not unique at all.

I wouldn't consider it a perk if we didn't move every couple of years. I don't really have a trusted local guy. I'd feel differently if there was someone that my mother has been going to for years. There's some peace of mind dropping your ring off for 30 minutes at Tiffany & Co.

I wouldn't consider it a perk if we didn't move every couple of years. I don't really have a trusted local guy. I'd feel differently if there was someone that my mother has been going to for years. There's some peace of mind dropping your ring off for 30 minutes at Tiffany & Co.

See there's not a snowballs chance I'd leave my ring for cleaning that long. I don't trust Tiffany's far as I can throw them from poor experiences but it doesn't take a half hour to clean a ring if you didn't get food crammed in it or something.

See there's not a snowballs chance I'd leave my ring for cleaning that long. I don't trust Tiffany's far as I can throw them from poor experiences but it doesn't take a half hour to clean a ring if you didn't get food crammed in it or something.

It never takes more than 10 mins for Tiffany to clean my ring, but then again, my local store is not very busy.

Honestly, my experience w/ Tiffany's has been OK, but not stellar. My SA is the best SA I have had anywhere, but other than that, I don't feel great about the company. I have had a far better experience overall at Harry Winston. For instance, whenever I go to HW, my SA will clean both my e-ring (non-HW) and wb (from HW). Tiffanys, however, refuses to clean my WB, and makes a big snobby stink about it as well. My Tiffany's SA will clean both of my rings himself if he is there, but has to be hush-hush about it. It's pretty ridiculous. I guess maybe I shouldn't expect them to clean my WB, but we have spent a good deal of $$ there and it would be nice if the employees at the store wouldn't look at my wb with disdain! I think Tiffanys could stand to be a little better in the CS department.

Sorry for the rant - just wanted to share my experience!

Last edited:
I wouldn't leave my ring that long either. I wait for mine, never more than 5 mins and I can always hear the steamer fire up.
I was only pointing out it's not a "Tiffany's" thing/perk - all jewelers do it free AFAIK.

oh i thought it was like a special cleaning service like repairs and maintaining it if its just literally cleaning then i believe you can get jewellery cleaned at anystore if you bought a piece so expensive as an e-ring from them. im sure it's the least they would do

I wouldn't leave my ring that long either. I wait for mine, never more than 5 mins and I can always hear the steamer fire up.
I was only pointing out it's not a "Tiffany's" thing/perk - all jewelers do it free AFAIK.

Oh absolutely, I have NEVER had a Jeweler--well besides Tiffany's--not offer to do so.

I think it's hilarious that Tiffany's looks down on HW. They WISH they were as nice as HW.