tiffany E-ring or non tiffany e-ring? help!!!!

what would you choose?

• tiffany e-ring

• cartier e-ring

• non specific brand with larger diamond

Results are only viewable after voting.
Tiffany's stones aren't better than anyone else's. You will be paying for a teeny stamp in the band that no one but you will know is there and a blue box.
Some people love that, others don't need it.

I bought my ring from an online vendor which also has a brick and mortar store called Good Old Gold. I got much more for my money than I would've at Tiffany or Cartier.

Tiffany's stones aren't better than anyone else's. You will be paying for a teeny stamp in the band that no one but you will know is there and a blue box.
Some people love that, others don't need it.

And THIS is what it's all about at the end of the day. The tiny stamp of authenticity. For some, it's everything.

Personally, I'd prefer something handmade, but then, I'm a crazy artist & we're all a smidge insane.

oh i always thought there was a big difference like you could just tell it was tiffanys, well if not really then why pay for the name? ooh i'm not sure lol

And THIS is what it's all about at the end of the day. The tiny stamp of authenticity. For some, it's everything.

Personally, I'd prefer something handmade, but then, I'm a crazy artist & we're all a smidge insane.

I didn't go with Tiffany's but I did go with Birks. I never wanted a Tiffs but I always admired the Birks rings. We shopped around for non-brand stuff and even though they were beautiful and stones were larger I still wanted to know my ring was a Birks. I felt like the stone wasn't a big issue for me....I have small hands and anything over 1 carat was obnoxious. I work in chemicals and makeups all day so no need for that!

oh i always thought there was a big difference like you could just tell it was tiffanys, well if not really then why pay for the name? ooh i'm not sure lol

You would be surprised by how many ladies can tell if it's authentic Tiffany or not. I have seen copy cats of C brand and T brand and they aren't the same...at least I can tell. But then again, personally, if I like certain design, I would only buy the authentic one. Why buy copy cats? I find buying copy cats an insult to the original designer...that's just me though.

ITA no copies. Similar styles are ok by not copies.If it's a common design then anyone can use it but if it's a deliberate copy then no, iyswim

You would be surprised by how many ladies can tell if it's authentic Tiffany or not. I have seen copy cats of C brand and T brand and they aren't the same...at least I can tell. But then again, personally, if I like certain design, I would only buy the authentic one. Why buy copy cats? I find buying copy cats an insult to the original designer...that's just me though.

If price isn't a huge issue and you can already get your desired carat weight at Tiffany, and you are just deciding between that and a larger unbranded stone, I'd get Tiffany. Tiffany does aggressively go after "copy cat" designers and that is why you don't see any truly great imitations out there - every copy I've seen of the classic six prong looks "off" in a way, any sales associate will be able to tell the difference (and I can, as well). That being said, there are very lovely six prong settings out there which are not Tiffany, sometimes people just prefer a different looking setting. For example, the knifes edge band on the classic Tiffany six prong hurts some people, so you might naturally opt to go with another manufacturer, etc.

When I got engaged, I chose a Tiffany ring. It was my dream to have a 1ct Tiffany, and this is exactly what I have.
:smile:

As for carat size, a one is a good size. The average size ring in the U.S.A is .38 ct. Less than 10% of jewelry quality diamonds are 1 ct or larger (heard this from a certified gemologist).

yes it would be tiffany ideal carat weight or bigger non brand. ideal for me im guessing is 2 or 1 or inbetween. it's a releastic price to save up for me :biggrin: ive been looking at rings in the engagement rings thread and actually under 1 carat even looks amazing so im not even sure if i need 1 carat

If price isn't a huge issue and you can already get your desired carat weight at Tiffany, and you are just deciding between that and a larger unbranded stone, I'd get Tiffany. Tiffany does aggressively go after "copy cat" designers and that is why you don't see any truly great imitations out there - every copy I've seen of the classic six prong looks "off" in a way, any sales associate will be able to tell the difference (and I can, as well). That being said, there are very lovely six prong settings out there which are not Tiffany, sometimes people just prefer a different looking setting. For example, the knifes edge band on the classic Tiffany six prong hurts some people, so you might naturally opt to go with another manufacturer, etc.

Wait til you are at that stage and then try a bunch of stuff on, all sorts, all sizes, just to see what is ideal. You can see a ring like these and when it's on your hand it looks all sorts of weird or wrong and you might find you like something pave'd.

Yep! I REALLY thought that I wanted an Asscher cut and that's what FI was looking for. They face up so much smaller though and when I found one that looked good on my hand, it was 2.04ct at Tiffany's for $34k. I love them *especially in large sizes but I found that cut in a size we could afford looked underwhelming on my hand, versus a round (which I didn't think I wanted) really looked best.