ThredUp Selling - Luxe

it's not like that with Luxe program. You have a chance to adjust price during 2 days before they post items or before they even offer any upfront payouts. And they price luxe items fair. I sent them Luxe bag with 25 items, they sold 16 of them in 40 days, 8 of them were upfront and 8 were sold on site. Considering the fact that I have it all (100% commission), I am more than happy. The only thing I didn't like is they are veeeery slow on every stage - from sending a bag or label to proceeding items and answering e-mails. but overall experience is great. They proceed my other bag with 30 high-end items yesterday and I plan to ship some more before the end of this promo, new label is on it's way to me.

OK, normally I would just let this subject drop but actually that was the way it was supposed to be under the BagUp program I sent my items under as well. They did not honor the terms of the agreement I sent my items under.

As seen in the screenshots I posted, my item was supposed to be under consignment where I was allowed to change the price for the first 48 hours. It was not placed under consignment, and I was told that items cannot be placed on consignment if they have erroneously been placed on upfront payout.

This was in addition to the issue where they severely underpriced my item. Multiple issues for just this one item where I ended up losing money out of pocket to buy the item back and the problem was never resolved.

I hope everyone has a great experience selling with them, unfortunately that hasn't been the case for me.

It's all well and good to say "It's not like that with the Luxe program" but it wasn't supposed to be that way under the BagUp program either. The point is that they do make mistakes, and they are not very helpful about remediation of problems for sellers when they arise.

I did contact them within the 48 hours as the website states and they were dismissive of my concerns and performed no remedial action whatsoever except to say that they were so sorry and it was too bad.

From their website (note the red text highlighted by me):

What if I dispute the value of what you say an item is worth?
When you send thredUP a Clean Out Bag, you cede all rights to the contents of that bag. thredUP’s trained assessors promise to award you a fair amount for your great quality clothes.
In general, awards are non-negotiable. However, thredUP is still perfecting pricing and feedback is welcomed. If there is a discrepancy with how an item was priced, please contact us within 48 hours.

OK, I should have been warned, but maybe it will still turn out OK.
They finally processed my first box of the two I sent in.
There are some pricing snafus, like the two items I tried to adjust the price of get stuck at a different price than what I set. I tried to edit the price of a new chanel mini flap from $2499 to $2299 and it auto sets to $1999. There is an explanation that you can not set prices above $2000, so I emailed them about this and hopefully they can adjust it themselves BEFORE the go live date.
I had an Anna Sui dress that they priced at $51 and I just want to sell it quickly so I tried to price it at $35 but it keeps showing the price to $33. I don't care about $2, but it makes me too nervous to adjust the prices of my other items in that box (a Hermes belt and Louboutin heels) because I am afraid the price on these will also change to not what I type in but to whatever random number they come up with (it happens instantly, it never shows the price I type in).
The biggest problem is that there was an almost new Chanel jacket that I paid over $3,000 for in the box and it is not on the box contents list at all!!! I emailed them of course, so I will let you know what happens. I did include a detailed list of what was in each box and took photos, but I'm not sure what good that will do if they lost my Chanel jacket somehow.
I have another box with more items and also more expensive items, so hopefully this wasn't a big mistake.

The Chanel jacket will probably be ok, they probably just didn't accept it and are sending it back. However, as their customer service sucks rocks, they don't communicate these things up front. What you are describing is standard operating procedure for how they handle items they don't want. And there is no rhyme or reason to it. I had a NWT Gucci bag rejected, then accepted a few weeks later. It all just depends who opens your bag, I think.

But, good luck getting the price changed in the time period before the items go live, or at all. They don't tend to be responsive about pricing issues in my experience.

The Chanel jacket will probably be ok, they probably just didn't accept it and are sending it back. However, as their customer service sucks rocks, they don't communicate these things up front. What you are describing is standard operating procedure for how they handle items they don't want. And there is no rhyme or reason to it. I had a NWT Gucci bag rejected, then accepted a few weeks later. It all just depends who opens your bag, I think.

But, good luck getting the price changed in the time period before the items go live, or at all. They don't tend to be responsive about pricing issues in my experience.
Thank you! You were correct - I received a response just now that they did not accept the Chanel jacket, which is odd because it was in wonderful condition, but as long as was found I am happy. They said they will change the prices of my items, so we shall see, I am not too concerned about that part. An interesting note, the reason they actually contacted me today (I found out about what happened to the Chanel jacket when I replied to this email that they sent me today) to say that they needed a photo of the receipt for my Chanel Boy bag. I sent them the photo, but I thought it was strange that they require receipts for some high value items.

Reactions: bellebellebelle19
There are some pricing snafus, like the two items I tried to adjust the price of get stuck at a different price than what I set.
I didn't have any problems adjusting prices, but I hate that they don't post small pictures in front of each listing in the list before it's being posted on site. so for 2 days when they already processed but didn't list the items I can only guess what is what, and almost all items are called the same "Christian Louboutin heels" in my case.

Reactions: nicole0612
oh and btw they now guarantee 100% payout only for 45 days. if an item doesn't sell after 45 days, they may apply additional cost to your payouts. and you can see it in your selling history, now they show a range of payout, like $220 - 300, and if your item is sold during some site promotion, they will take this difference from your payout.

heres' what I got: Your payout will depend on how fast your item sells and its final selling price. If your item takes over 45 days to sell, any discounts or promotions applied to the purchase will also lower your payout accordingly. To sell your item quicker, you may adjust the selling price at any time. The percentage of the selling price you earn will always remain the same. See screen shot attached as well. More information regarding this can be found here: https://support.thredup.com/hc/en-us/articles/211574206-What-is-an-upfront-consignment-item

wow, it's really strange, you don't have to keep the receipt and professional authenticators don't need papers to prove authenticity..

how are the sales? did they sell anything for you?

Two items sold immediately, CL heels and a designer dress, a Chanel mini has been reserved in someone's cart every time I checked since last week, the other item did not sell yet (only 1 week). I shipped out another box at the same time and it is still being processed, go figure. I think it was delayed because they wanted to see the receipt for the Boy bag before listing it. In the meantime I sent in another mini and another box of things.
I wish they would say that dustbag, box, authenticity card etc are included!

My last LV bag from the first box finally sold. I hate that they only allow items to stay in one person’s cart at a time. So if it’s in someone’s cart, it’s there for 24 hours. I had my bag held hostage forever this way. Not sure when it’s in someone’s cart, if item can still be viewed by others or if it becomes unsearchable.

oh and btw they now guarantee 100% payout only for 45 days. if an item doesn't sell after 45 days, they may apply additional cost to your payouts. and you can see it in your selling history, now they show a range of payout, like $220 - 300, and if your item is sold during some site promotion, they will take this difference from your payout.

heres' what I got: Your payout will depend on how fast your item sells and its final selling price. If your item takes over 45 days to sell, any discounts or promotions applied to the purchase will also lower your payout accordingly. To sell your item quicker, you may adjust the selling price at any time. The percentage of the selling price you earn will always remain the same. See screen shot attached as well. More information regarding this can be found here: https://support.thredup.com/hc/en-us/articles/211574206-What-is-an-upfront-consignment-item

Thanks for this! I noticed the range also. I listed my Boy bag for $3799 but they listed a range from $2950-3799! I def don't want to sell it for $2950! I saw that you can request your item back if it doesn't sell in 2 weeks or so, so I will request my most expensive items back before the 45 day. For the bags, they might not sell because they are always reserved in someone's cart!

Reactions: fashion_victim9
My last LV bag from the first box finally sold. I hate that they only allow items to stay in one person’s cart at a time. So if it’s in someone’s cart, it’s there for 24 hours. I had my bag held hostage forever this way. Not sure when it’s in someone’s cart, if item can still be viewed by others or if it becomes unsearchable.

Congrats!
I also find this so frustrating. Thy should only allow holds for 30 minutes or so!
It is not searchable when in someone's cart.

Reactions: fashion_victim9