Thoughts on this new 23K Chanel 22 bag…

I saw it in person over the weekend and liked it even better IRL than in the photos (which are great, too)! I adore the 22 and loved the shiny caviar leather and monochrome Chanel lettering on this season's rendition. The display caught my eye, and the bag (medium, I think) looked great up close, too. I prefer it in the larger size rather than in the mini, but that's personal preference likely because I'm still bummed I missed out on the black calfskin/pearl mini 22 and fear no other black mini 22 will compare. :crybaby:;)

It's not in the running for my next bag, but I definitely liked it better in person and would love to see someone carrying it out in the wild. :love:

I saw it in person over the weekend and liked it even better IRL than in the photos (which are great, too)! I adore the 22 and loved the shiny caviar leather and monochrome Chanel lettering on this season's rendition. The display caught my eye, and the bag (medium, I think) looked great up close, too. I prefer it in the larger size rather than in the mini, but that's personal preference likely because I'm still bummed I missed out on the black calfskin/pearl mini 22 and fear no other black mini 22 will compare. :crybaby:;)

It's not in the running for my next bag, but I definitely liked it better in person and would love to see someone carrying it out in the wild. :love:
I bought it in the small. The medium looked too big for me as I am petite. I love that this time the leather is caviar but am unsure if I like the mixed hardware. Yellow gold/black strap and then black hardware?

Reactions: baby*my*bags
I bought it in the small. The medium looked too big for me as I am petite. I love that this time the leather is caviar but am unsure if I like the mixed hardware. Yellow gold/black strap and then black hardware?
Nice! I was wondering if it came in the small size. I am still considering the small black with gold lettering and hardware, but your picture and the info that it's available in small are making me glad I haven't purchased a small black 22 yet. (I only have a copper with pink gold hardware mini 22, which I love!) The medium looks pretty big on me, too.

I hope more people share their thoughts about and pictures of this combination. Someone posted pictures of the coral pink caviar mini 22, and it is soooo pretty. The OP sounds uncertain about keeping it or exchanging/waiting for a coral pink CF. Sometimes it's tough to know if we've made the right decision, but then there's the fear of missing out. I love your choice; the caviar leather is gorgeous in the 22, and the black lettering is more subtle than gold or silver. I also like how the caviar/black/gold is just different than previous iterations--an indicator of a new season that places it in this specific time. Best wishes and please keep us posted on your decision/experience with the bag! I am sure many of us look forward to hearing how the caviar leather 22 wears. :flowers:

• Love
Reactions: JennRN
Nice! I was wondering if it came in the small size. I am still considering the small black with gold lettering and hardware, but your picture and the info that it's available in small are making me glad I haven't purchased a small black 22 yet. (I only have a copper with pink gold hardware mini 22, which I love!) The medium looks pretty big on me, too.

I hope more people share their thoughts about and pictures of this combination. Someone posted pictures of the coral pink caviar mini 22, and it is soooo pretty. The OP sounds uncertain about keeping it or exchanging/waiting for a coral pink CF. Sometimes it's tough to know if we've made the right decision, but then there's the fear of missing out. I love your choice; the caviar leather is gorgeous in the 22, and the black lettering is more subtle than gold or silver. I also like how the caviar/black/gold is just different than previous iterations--an indicator of a new season that places it in this specific time. Best wishes and please keep us posted on your decision/experience with the bag! I am sure many of us look forward to hearing how the caviar leather 22 wears. :flowers:
You and my SA, just convinced me to keep it! Thank you for your thoughts!
I was going to exchange it for the black calfskin with gold hardware but since I have a brown one on that combo, makes more sense to keep this one. My SA said it’s limited with black hardware and yellow gold hardware combo plus the caviar.

Last edited:
Wow, I really like this version! I have been thinking about getting the So Black version since I like that the Chanel lettering blends in more. I didn’t buy So Black yet since that one is shiny making it look too similar to a true trash bag, particularly in the larger size. I am seriously considering this new version now.

Wow, I really like this version! I have been thinking about getting the So Black version since I like that the Chanel lettering blends in more. I didn’t buy So Black yet since that one is shiny making it look too similar to a true trash bag, particularly in the larger size. I am seriously considering this new version now.
With this bag, you get a bit of both, gold and black hardware. Love that this option is caviar also

Did you end up keeping it? Would you mind sharing a picture of it? I’m wondering how slouchy it looks with caviar leather compared to the shiny calfskin

Reactions: JennRN
Wonder if this caviar version will have less chances of damage at the strap stress pointarea (top of bag where strap goes inside the loop).

I guess there will still be rubbing between strap and leather but caviar being thicker, maybe it won't be as bad.

Does anyone know if this bag was offered in small in the US? I must have texted six Chanel SAs this week in different states and haven’t had any luck! Everyone had either the mini and/or medium but not the small.