This one takes the cake!

OMG, ok you can't leave negative feedback - but leave something like "sorry you passed away unexpectedly" and couldn't follow thru with your purchase, hope you enjoy the other bag - etc, etc.
LOL!

:biggrin: I would absolutely leave this for feedback!! It's not a negative/positive, so eBay won't take it down, and it is "true." Lol, this is the best thing I've read all day!

I've been trying to decide exactly how to let her know she's busted. I've been trying to think of just the right feedback to leave for her. Lol I also really considered contacting ebay and forwarding those messages and saying perhaps they should really look into this, since she died she couldnt possibly be the one using her account so maybe they should check into that :death:

"Dead Mother" shopping, emailing and lying.. heaven must have opened & shut

the pearly gates for this piece of work fast.. she will have her own special

place to go.. how low can one go???

I would definitely contact ebay/paypal with those e-mails

place to go

That's terrible!! She'd better hope Karma doesn't come back and bite her in the butt!

You know, you can request her phone number and call and ask for the supposed "buyer" (dead woman) of this bag. Then see if they are willing to carry the charade so far as to tell you she is dead.

You must contact Ebay. Seriously. It's the only way to handle this -- call Ebay and tell them you have been told that your buyer has died. You wanted Ebay to know so they can secure and close the account. Ask who you can forward the "death notice" email to.

Then send it to Ebay so they can close the account.

Then do the same with Pay Pal. Forward the email to them so they may secure the account and close it.

Then you leave fb for the buyer:

Family advises buyer has died. My sincere condolences. Please let Ebay know.

THAT Ebay won't remove. Can even imagine Ebay getting a request to remove that? It would alert Ebay that there IS a problem with the buyer.

Then you write the family member back:

Dear buyer's family,

Thank you for letting me know, you have my most sincere condolences. I have forwarded your email death notice to both Ebay and Pay Pal so they may close your mother's accounts in accordance with the user agreements. I am somewhat concerned to see that someone is accessing your deceased mother's account, did you know that is happening? Ebay doesn't let an account stay open when someone has died so hopefully they will secure and close the account very soon.

God bless you in your time of grieving. If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Your Seller

Just do it. Seriously.

You must contact Ebay. Seriously. It's the only way to handle this -- call Ebay and tell them you have been told that your buyer has died. You wanted Ebay to know so they can secure and close the account. Ask who you can forward the "death notice" email to.

Then do the same with Pay Pal. Forward the email to them so they may secure the account and close it.

THAT Ebay won't remove. Can even imagine Ebay getting a request to remove that? It would alert Ebay that there IS a problem with the buyer.

Dear buyer's family,

Thank you for letting me know, you have my most sincere condolences. I have forwarded your email death notice to both Ebay and Pay Pal so they may close your mother's accounts in accordance with the user agreements. I am somewhat concerned to see that someone is accessing your deceased mother's account, did you know that is happening? Ebay doesn't let an account stay open when someone has died so hopefully they will secure and close the account very soon.

God bless you in your time of grieving. If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know.

Your Seller

Just do it. Seriously.

:roflmfao: I have to agree! I hope this works!!

I like Apricot Summers advice, too! Even if it doesn't work, I think letting the buyer know you've let ebay/PP know might have her sweating for a little bit! Seriously, what is wrong with people? Using a fake death, especially of your close family members, is just terrible.

I don't get why ebay protects buyers by not letting sellers leave negative feedback. It seems as if buyer shenanigans have multiplied since this rule came into effect. No consequences for them.

Dear buyer's family,

Your Seller

Just do it. Seriously.

LOVE this advice. It's polite and, if she had really died, exactly what you should do. The only thing they can complain about is you believed them, and it may teach them a little lesson.