This one takes the cake!

Now that it's all over, I think the "buyer's daughter" should receive an anonymous link to this thread.

That would be the frosting on the cake.

:lolots: frosting on the cake :lolots: - love that one!

Oh, and I wanted to say Apricot Summers - your comments and advice are priceless! Hard to find somebody with that kind of intelligence, who also knows how to put it into words. :woohoo: I so wish, I could see the buyers face after reading those messages. :lolots:

Oh man, I've been out surfing and I missed the updates. I knew Ebay would close the account - and frankly it's the only way to deal with the "died" excuse - now did you also notify Pay Pal? That is truly the kindest expression of assistance you can provide the family in their time of need.

May I recommend this as a response?

Dear Buyer's Family,

I'm so relieved to see that Ebay's trust department responded to your family's tragedy so promptly. Having an insecure account can create problems for other sellers if someone were to access that account now that your mother has passed.

Ebay wrote me saying that they cannot disclose any action taken regarding another's account, although it does appear they handled this appropriately. The user agreement is very clear - accounts cannot be sold, transferred or remain after death.

I know you will be able to assist your father in obtaining his own account so he can continue to purchase the nail polish and purses he has been buying - clearly to remember his wife with. I find that so touching and remarkable.

My heartfelt wishes for a speedy grieving process. May your mother's memory be a blessing. God bless.

Regards,

Seller

It's not necesary, IMO, to tell the buyer's daughter that she's a lying pile of poo. She already knows she is, and buwhahahahahaha that she got what she deserved.

How hard would it have been to say "I'm sorry, I can't complete this purchase, may I reimburse you your listing fees?"

Awesome - the buyer won't know if she's onto her or not :smile:

And I was just joking about coming out and telling her she's lying poo - if I was going to just tell her I'd use 'other' words ;)