This is what $25.00 S&H pays for? *pics*

As others have said $25 for shipping is on target for a box this size, Priority Mail with insurance,and it did get to you safely. At least the seller didn't try to cram it into a too small box, smushing the bag up, like I had a seller send to me.

i agree that there should be some bubble wrapping or some kind of cushion in the box...geez, i wonder why some people don't get that idea and think it's enough to put a smaller item into a bigger box and leave the space empty. glad there was no damage and that the mystery of the $10.30 (that must have been the insurance, correct?), so, in total, they did pay approximately $25.

however, when receiving such an expensive item in the mail, i would utmost prefer to receive it in a nice box that hasn't been used 50 times and not properly packaged, like in your situation. so, i feel your pain! i understand that shouldn't make the bag worth any less because of the outer packaging, but it at adds some criteria to the standard.

Last edited:
Please look this photo, , I do saw this seller had "print the shipment online". And I know USPS via Paypal or online only cover for $500, so she can not purchased the insurance online, she can only buy a stamp online with paypal. because this way Paypal can track the shipment real quick, and she paid $10.80 just for insurance at real post office! If you take a close look, you can see the stamp $10.80 and the blue paper for insurance, it also have a red stamp link all thing together with Paypal shipment slip! I do belive she paid more than $25 , she is not eating it.

I just shipped a package last week for $835 ( Chloe bag) and I had print the USPS label online but I can not buy insurance online, so I decided to print the label for tracking first, then line up at PO to buy insurance! I have to wait 45 min to get a call by number, and I got home late. The stamp for insurance cost me arround $11 and the label online charge me $13.95. so total is $24.95 . And I am only charge $25 for SH. But it's not end up with $24.95, because I got home late, so I can not prepare dinner for my hubby, and I know he's hungry, so I have to "Take out dinner" and it was cost me $20 for dinner. So it's end up with $45.00 ( not include gas, handling!) ...

And the package, it might be damage by USPS when it's transit!. That's why I alway take a photo when I'm packing or when the package done!

Please give some seller a easy mind!
Im not trying to be mean...are you serious or joking?:s

Horribly packed but the postage per the sticker on the package doesn't indicate the "extras" such as insurance, signature/delivery confirmation.

Insurance, per the USPS website is as follows:

Fee . . . . . . . . . . Insurance Coverage
$1.70 ................ $0.01 to $50
$2.15 ................ $50.01 to $100
$2.60 ................ $100.01 to $200
$4.60 ................ $200.01 to $300
$5.55 ................ $300.01 to $400
$6.50 ................ $400.01 to $500
$7.45 ................ $500.01 to $600
$7.45 plus $0.95 per $100 or fraction thereof over $600 to $5,000.

So the insurance for your transaction, which was $835 is about $9.45 plus $2.20 for signature confirmation or $0.75 for delivery confirmation.

I do hate when sellers don't package the items properly but so long as it is in great condition, I don't mind the crappy box/packaging. I think I'm empathize more with sellers now that I've sold stuff on eBay...it's not easy and certainly comes with a lot of risk (esp when selling expensive items).

Last edited:
Please look this photo, , I do saw this seller had "print the shipment online". And I know USPS via Paypal or online only cover for $500, so she can not purchased the insurance online, she can only buy a stamp online with paypal. because this way Paypal can track the shipment real quick, and she paid $10.80 just for insurance at real post office! If you take a close look, you can see the stamp $10.80 and the blue paper for insurance, it also have a red stamp link all thing together with Paypal shipment slip! I do belive she paid more than $25 , she is not eating it.

I just shipped a package last week for $835 ( Chloe bag) and I had print the USPS label online but I can not buy insurance online, so I decided to print the label for tracking first, then line up at PO to buy insurance! I have to wait 45 min to get a call by number, and I got home late. The stamp for insurance cost me arround $11 and the label online charge me $13.95. so total is $24.95 . And I am only charge $25 for SH. But it's not end up with $24.95, because I got home late, so I can not prepare dinner for my hubby, and I know he's hungry, so I have to "Take out dinner" and it was cost me $20 for dinner. So it's end up with $45.00 ( not include gas, handling!) ...

And the package, it might be damage by USPS when it's transit!. That's why I alway take a photo when I'm packing or when the package done!

Please give some seller a easy mind!

I hope that you're not suggesting that the buyer should bare the brunt- of you having to order takeout:roflmfao:

as this chart
Fee . . . . . . . . . . Insurance Coverage
$1.70 ................ $0.01 to $50
$2.15 ................ $50.01 to $100
$2.60 ................ $100.01 to $200
$4.60 ................ $200.01 to $300
$5.55 ................ $300.01 to $400
$6.50 ................ $400.01 to $500
$7.45 ................ $500.01 to $600
$7.45 plus $0.95 per $100 or fraction thereof over $600 to $5,000.

what she charged you was reasonable.
glad it arrived safely

i would give the seller the benefit of the doubt... as others have said, packages do get abused quite a bit while in transit, so the box could have been in usable condition before it got to you. granted, she could have used more tape to secure the box and even bubble wrap inside the package, but overall, i don't think this transaction is anything complain about if you got your bag in the condition you expected and in a timely manner.

as others have already mentioned, $25 is reasonable for shipping in this case. i, too, have printed mailing labels through paypal, without showing the postage price, and have had to stand in line at the PO to buy insurance. i've also received packages that ended up looking beat up like yours, not always from ebay sellers, but also from online stores. i've never received anything damaged, and that's all that matters to me!

By looking at the label the $10.30 is the cost of the insurance fee. This can be seen by the different label (blue one) on the box. You can not purchase insurance online for anything over $500 so you need to purchase it at the post office. The shipping fee was printed through Paypal so she had already paid for that fee online. So, I think the shipping fee was about right. I've sent things to buyers in which I printed out the label through Paypal with only the Priority Mail w/ Signature Confirmation on the pre-printed label and then needed to purchase the insurance at the post office. The post office will only print out the cost of the insurance as the rest of the shipping fees were already previously purchased online.

I must agree that bubble wrap or some other packing material should've been used to make sure the bag would arrive safely.

I hope that you're not suggesting that the buyer should bare the brunt- of you having to order takeout:roflmfao:

i include a surcharge for having to race to the post office to send the package (gasoline, diminished life span caused by stress, potential speeding ticket, therapy for my children who are exposed to my foul language), the many cocktails i need to relieve my stress and the consequent inability to engage in conjugal relations as a result of my inebriation. is this wrong?

i include a surcharge for having to race to the post office to send the package (gasoline, diminished life span caused by stress, potential speeding ticket, therapy for my children who are exposed to my foul language), the many cocktails i need to relieve my stress and the consequent inability to engage in conjugal relations as a result of my inebriation. is this wrong?

It seems like a normal day of stress to me- At the end of the day we are all adults- Who have our own stresses day in & day out- and have to schedule our time accordingly- Not trying to be mean- I'm just saying that we all have problems.

Me as a buyer- I have my stresses too- and dont need someone charging me 20 extra- for their life problems- I personally have enough of those, and dont need to bare the brunt of someone else's. So I would much rather the seller be Honest and stipulate- that they can only ship during the weekends- Or incur an extra fee- If they need the item sooner- At least then the buyer can choose whether or not they want to incur the surcharge KWIM?

But to each their own:shrugs: At the end of the day the buyer can always complain via feedback- So when sellers do this, they are taking A definite risk:yes:.

I under charge for shipping- And still apparently cant make everyone happy- Go figure:shame:

Last edited:
^^, no thats not wrong, i thought it was the norm:shrugs:

I can understand a couple of dollars extra- especially if the post office is far:yes:. But still, I do think that it's in the seller's best interest to let the buyer know in advance- what the extra charge is- So that way the buyer- just as the OP on this thread- doesnt feel like they've been taken advantage of-

I just think that good communication is always key- Especially with the new ebay rules- the sellers, are totally at the buyer's mercy- and any misinterpretation- (of being over charged etc)- can reflect poorly