This is what $25.00 S&H pays for? *pics*

Hm.... I see she has a pre-paid shipping label and insurance label. The $10.30 could just be the insurance she had to paid on top of the pre-paid label. There is no way the total shipping cost is $10.30 when the seller is shipping such a big box with Priority AND insurance.

I'd also be happy the bag actually came in a box. I've had a seller ship a bbag wrapped in a piece of bubble wrap and STUFFED into one of those Tyrex envelope, although double bagged. I was shocked to see it came in that way, and the bag even has a very strong perfume smell though it survived the shipping.

Sorry that you recvd a package like that. Hopefully the bag was not damaged.

I received a package that looked similar to that this week, except I got a box of glass, I won an auction for 7 Disney glasses , the first time she shipped them out, she left my zipcode off and it came back to her, she reshipped priority and I finally got the glasses on Wednsday, I opened my mail box and see that the box is ripped and tore, and it rattled. I opened it up and found 4 broken glasses, 3 survived, but none of them are the one that I need to complete my set.
I messaged the seller on Wed and no response yet.

IMG_4374.jpg

Please look this photo, , I do saw this seller had "print the shipment online". And I know USPS via Paypal or online only cover for $500, so she can not purchased the insurance online, she can only buy a stamp online with paypal. because this way Paypal can track the shipment real quick, and she paid $10.80 just for insurance at real post office! If you take a close look, you can see the stamp $10.80 and the blue paper for insurance, it also have a red stamp link all thing together with Paypal shipment slip! I do belive she paid more than $25 , she is not eating it.

I just shipped a package last week for $835 ( Chloe bag) and I had print the USPS label online but I can not buy insurance online, so I decided to print the label for tracking first, then line up at PO to buy insurance! I have to wait 45 min to get a call by number, and I got home late. The stamp for insurance cost me arround $11 and the label online charge me $13.95. so total is $24.95 . And I am only charge $25 for SH. But it's not end up with $24.95, because I got home late, so I can not prepare dinner for my hubby, and I know he's hungry, so I have to "Take out dinner" and it was cost me $20 for dinner. So it's end up with $45.00 ( not include gas, handling!) ...

And the package, it might be damage by USPS when it's transit!. That's why I alway take a photo when I'm packing or when the package done!

Please give some seller a easy mind!

Some people think $25 is too much, some don't. I'm not commenting about the price or the seller. I just looking at the box. It's simply careless to send an expensive designer bag packed so poorly. That's my only concern because when a box is not taped well--every side--what's inside could end up outside and lost in transit.

sorry you feel like you got ripped off by the shipping, but it sounds about normal regardless of what you bought.
i don't think it's the sellers fault the box was damaged, altho she could have used more tape overall, altho not a lot of sellers tape down the corners. and from the picture you posted, she did wrap it nicely - i've had bags arrive just in the dustbag, with no wrapping or protective paper of any sort.

and the price on the sticker is not the price the seller paid for the total shipping. like mmsc said, it doesn't show the price for insurance or delivery confirmation. that price is just how much to deliver it is, whether it was sent via priority or express.

as a seller, i usually throw in shipping for free as an incentive for buyers, but i've eaten shipping costs to international buyers up to $50 before.

if your bag arrived on time and undamaged, i would be happy. JMHO.:smile:

^^ i agree :yes:

I do think the packing is a bit lame, but as far as the shipping costs? Here is the break down and I do it all the time: the package of flat rate priority or regular priority if you can't fit it in the flat rate box : circa $10.00 for Priority (more if it weighs more)
Insurance ($10.00-13.00 for $1000+) coverage, then 2.65 for signature confirmation. So when any one says I am overcharging them when I charge $20.00 for shipping (you can't just go by the amt that is stuck on the pkg), I usually have ended up eating part of the postage. You may have a legit beef here with your seller, but I always insure and pack well and $20 does not usually cover sending a high end bag!!!

ITA... The packing was poor, but the $10.30 would have just been the cost of the insurance on a package for with that dollar amount that was sent priority mail. You can only buy insurance online for up to $500 for domestic priority mail, so she would have had to buy the insurance at the post office. The computer generated shipping label on the box is the rest of the postage. The postage and the insurance for that package cost the seller more like $22-$23, so the shipping charges were not out of line. I do agree that the packing job was lacking, but shipping priority mail is not cheap and she probably just about broke even after PayPal took their fee out of the shipping charges you paid.

Actually I looked at several boxes from my online orders and they all only put one big tape in the middle. I do not recall any company taping these brown boxes on all sides. IMO the seller is considerate enough to actually ship the bag in a box rather than just the plastic envelopes. The bag is then packed in another plastic bag which to me is another act of safety measure. I wouldn't really complain since the seller did not rip off any of the shipping fees.

yep, as long as it got to you ok, i wouldn't be too annoyed, i must say, i do put enough brown tape on my parcels to stop someone with a machete getting into it and try to make it a snug fit so it can't be bashed around in the box, but it does look like the box was damaged along the way somewhere rather than before it left the seller.

Yes, as others have already stated, the $10.30 was for the insurance only. That is on top of the shipping she paid for the online label. It's because you can't buy any insurance online if you need it to be over $500. In that case you go in, the person at the counter takes into account that you have already paid for the shipping and generates that stick on label which shows how much you are paying for the add on--in this case the insurance. She did not overcharge you at all. I'm very impressed that she sent the bag well wrapped in its dustbag and a plastic bag. Sometimes sellers will use lots of paper but the bag is not wrapped or put it its dustbag and as it shifts around, the leather corners and such get abraded. You are a lucky camper it was this well packed!