This Is Us

anyone watch the first episode of new season? IDK if this show has jumped the shark or what. I'm not really feeling much for the characters. I think part of the problem for me may be that I've gotten used to watching HBO, with much higher level writing, directing and acting.
I watched the 2 hour premiere. Meh... it was just ok. I don't know if I can delve into a new "what happened to Randall's birth mom" story line. As all my previous posts say..I can't stand the constant flashbacks. I pretty much just hate-watch the show at this point :lol:

Reactions: whateve and sdkitty
I watched the 2 hour premiere. Meh... it was just ok. I don't know if I can delve into a new "what happened to Randall's birth mom" story line. As all my previous posts say..I can't stand the constant flashbacks. I pretty much just hate-watch the show at this point :lol:
agree. I was almost excited to have something new to watch but I didn't really enjoy it. I don't like Mandy Moore. Not enjoying Randall's stuff (even though I understand the show runners are trying to be relevant and enlightened). I even found Jack somewhat annoying and used to love him.
So, yeah, hate-watch might be me too

Reactions: whateve and TC1
I thought it was just okay too. It’s lost it’s appeal for sure. The flashback scenes are getting old. They’ve done Jack, William, Jack again, Uncle Nicky, more Jack, and now Randall’s birth mom?

Reactions: TC1
I thought it was just okay too. It’s lost it’s appeal for sure. The flashback scenes are getting old. They’ve done Jack, William, Jack again, Uncle Nicky, more Jack, and now Randall’s birth mom?
I was wondering if the wonderful actor who played randall's dad was too old to play young randall's dad (or maybe he wasn't available). Now suddenly randalls birth mom didn't die. don't really care. Jack yelling at God at the chapel was kind of annoying. This show was so popular when it started. not sure what went wrong.

This season sucks and they are already on hiatus till January.
Just cancel it.
Randall with his perfect bod doing a strip tease unbeknownst to him makes him seem stupid.
Kate going for an adoption at her weight makes her seem careless.
Kevin so needy for praise is boring as well.
Don’t care about the birth mom and am tired of the flashbacks of the kids.

Reactions: whateve
This season sucks and they are already on hiatus till January.
Just cancel it.
Randall with his perfect bod doing a strip tease unbeknownst to him makes him seem stupid.
Kate going for an adoption at her weight makes her seem careless.
Kevin so needy for praise is boring as well.
Don’t care about the birth mom and am tired of the flashbacks of the kids.
I agree....show is getting dumb/boring
the birth mother isn't concerned about Kate's weight/health?
don't know where they're going with kate's teenage pregnancy but if she had an abortion and they're going to make a huge deal out of that, I think it would be way exaggerated......did she have a baby and give it up?

I didn't blame kevin for being frustrated with that director though

Did anyone think it was unrealistic that one baby would be screaming his lungs out and the other two would just sleep through it and be quiet? night after night

Last edited:
I agree....show is getting dumb/boring
the birth mother isn't concerned about Kate's weight/health?
don't know where they're going with kate's teenage pregnancy but if she had an abortion and they're going to make a huge deal out of that, I think it would be way exaggerated......did she have a baby and give it up?

I didn't blame kevin for being frustrated with that director though

Did anyone think it was unrealistic that one baby would be screaming his lungs out and the other two would just sleep through it and be quiet? night after night
Yes, I think that is unrealistic. When my kids were babies and I took them to places with other babies, if one baby cried, the others were start in. It's a sympathetic response. I remember once another baby was crying and my child was looking at me as if to tell me to do something about it.

It seems like such a sloppy series..as if the writers are at the last minute "what if Kate had a teenage pregnancy" or "let's get Sterling K Brown to take his shirt off in a scene" and it's all just mashed together out off nowhere

Reactions: sdkitty
I didn’t like the scene of him and his ghost moms. It was odd. Also thought he was rude with his Notebook comment.
Maybe the man can be happy and appreciate was he has now.

I didn't like it. I felt they were trying too hard to make it sad and it wasn't very believable.
I just noticed the show had recorded two episodes and watched the first one of the two last night. Kate went find her old boyfriend in san diego. I'm sorry but I thought the whole thing was ridiculous. First of all the Toby's reaction when she told him she had an abortion at age 18. Like he was angry he had a right to know about this. It's not a pleasant thing to talk about so why bring it up?
Then the trip to san diego to see a guy you dated for six months at age 18. Come on. I get that she was traumatized by the relationship and the pregnancy but this storyline is just plain ridiclous to me.
I'm starting to wonder how this show as so popular (and I liked it too) at the beginning and has gotten so bad.
It is worse than a soap opera because it takes itself SO seriously.

Reactions: whateve
I agree with most of these comments. The storylines are all old...played out. But then...a new twist in an old story! I liked the episodes that dealt with Randall’s father...but the mother? Talk about contrived...the writers are desperately reaching for new issues. It isn’t working. I’m bored with Kate and bored with Kevin. At least Mandy is pregnant, so not in too many episodes. She is the most boring of all...

I agree with most of these comments. The storylines are all old...played out. But then...a new twist in an old story! I liked the episodes that dealt with Randall’s father...but the mother? Talk about contrived...the writers are desperately reaching for new issues. It isn’t working. I’m bored with Kate and bored with Kevin. At least Mandy is pregnant, so not in too many episodes. She is the most boring of all...
LOL.....I didn't know mandy was pregnant. I find her annoying so that's good.
I actually like Kevin best right now. Talking about taking yourself seriously, Randall is the guy for that. I don't see the big deal about him going to meet her friend. but they will probably give us flashbacks to when she was alive.
I don't even like Jack the way I used to.

LOL.....I didn't know mandy was pregnant. I find her annoying so that's good.
I actually like Kevin best right now. Talking about taking yourself seriously, Randall is the guy for that. I don't see the big deal about him going to meet her friend. but they will probably give us flashbacks to when she was alive.
I don't even like Jack the way I used to.
I can't remember the last time we saw Jack.