Thinking of my next Birkin ... what do you think of natural barenia/toile combo?

LaVan...As a black bag girl...toile/barenia scares me!!!
Are you going for a bag that is more "summer"? Although I can imagine it as a 2.5 season bag (spring after rain, summer, fall w/ earthtones)...

You should post a couple of outfits here...you have incredible styling skills... Can you picture it working in to (and adding to) your current wardrobing options?

It sounds like you want to ID ONE new H bag for the present...would this be the ONE?

I keep thinking about the pic of you w/ the GP in Greece (I think it was Greece?). Would the barenia/toile be used primarily at home? I can definitely see the barenia/toile on you... If you were able to choose one bag from a selection of...let's say 4...would this be it???

LaVan, I think that the toile/ natural barenia makes one of the most classic combos. I am also waiting on a one to arrive and can literally hardly wait. The toile has never been an issue for me with my other bags, as others have stated, it is easily cleaned. However, up until this point, I have only owned Barenis bags which can be carried on the shoulder, so I am certainly worried about the discoloring on the handles, but I guess it is a small price to pay for the beauty of this leather. I think that I will wrap the handles with a scarf or twilly to avoid it becoming a problem.

DQ: Both of your pieces are stunning!! But I especially love that clutch!!

SoCal - As I think about it more and more, the barenia/toile would be a fabulous addition to my 3 Birkins (black, vermillion, gold). I think that it's also something different from the all leather bags that I have. Looking at my wardrobe, I see the barenia/toile as a more casual bag, but it would also add a bit of character if I wear monotone clothes or with black. I agree with you that this bag would mostly be for spring, summer and early fall!

MrsMorris - That might be a good alternative to hold the handles with a pochette, then I won't be so anal about the handles darkening.

Okay, I called H and it seems that the toile Hermès used for combo Birkins are better and nicer than the ones used with the GP ... that's definitely a plus! I discussed with them the pros and cons of natural barenia/toile and I think the pros are winning!!!

I take it the order has been placed??? The more I think about it...the more I can see it in your collection...I do think it would be a lovely compliment to your current birkins...

Hi LaVan,

Here are some pics of my barenia/toile birkin with gold hardware which I got last month. This combination gives the standard Birkin a different look. I like it because the toile reminds me so much of linen. Also it has natural barenia and white stitching. The gold hardware gives the barenia a richer and warmer look. There is a pic of a leather artisan working on what appears to be a barenia/toile HAC or Birkin on page 159 of the coffee table book entitled "La Beaute en Voyage". I hope you get this beautiful birkin combination as well.

J.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/jaegerhomme/album/576460762392005125

Jaegerhomme, Those photos are KILLING me...so enabling...especially the one with the Birkin, by itself, on the Pippa stool. As always, impeccable.
Thanks EMNH;) I hope you get it as well. It is beautiful in all angles. The barenia leather piping on the edges and leather tabs at the feet compliments the color of the toile. You also get an extra line of white contrast stitching where the barenia and toile meet on the upper half of the Birkin. I also admire looking at its back profile. It really is a birkin with a rich personality.