Scarves Then and Now ; A Scarf from Inspiration to Execution

Newest acquisition:
Colliers de Chiens never did anything for me. Not the bracelets, not the scarf. I am not a dog person (had some bad experiences as a kid, at least I am not that frightened any more). But I remember @MYH writing about this one on her thread, how this scarf gives her the enjoyment of a CdC without the big bracelet.
And then I saw these:
Cookie Colliers 2.jpeg Cookie Colliers 1.jpg
@Cookiefiend, I wrote some days ago you inspired me. We seem to have similar coloration, I just loves tho look if pattern and color on you, so I went out to search for it. I got one for a reasonable price (I still overpaid considering the disastrous state the scarf came in, took me a while to get out all the stains and repair the worst of the pulls).
So, here I am trying to recreate the look: took me a while to copy the knots (are you left handed??), failed with the second one (pretty please: how did you do that?). Need to get myself a cardie in the same color...
Not pictured: happy grin and my blond lockscolliers 2.jpg colliers 3.jpg
Again: Thanks for the inspiration!

Last edited:
Newest acquisition:
colliers de Chiens never did anything for me. Not the bracelets, not the scarf. I am not a dog person (had some bad experiences as a kid, at least I am not that frightened any more). But I remember @MYH writing about this one on her thread, how this scarf gives her the enjoyment of a CdC without the big bracelet.
And then I saw these:
View attachment 4278680 View attachment 4278679
@Cookiefiend, I wrote some days ago you inspired me. We seem to have similar coloration, I just loves tho look if pattern and color on you, so I went out to search for it. I got one for a reasonable price (I still overpaid considering the disastrous state the scarf came in, took me a while to get out all the stains and repair the worst of the pulls).
So, here I am trying to recreate the look: took me a while to copy the knots (are you left handed??), failed with the second one (pretty please: how did you do that?). Need to get myself a cardie in the same color...
Not pictured: happy grin and my blond locksView attachment 4278686 View attachment 4278685
Again: Thanks for the inspiration!
Oh MY Goodness!!
It's amazing on you and I am so flattered!! :hugs:

I'm not left-handed but you made me laugh!
That second tie is the easiest thing ever - fold the scarf in half and then in half again (so a long rectangle), toss around your neck, take the 2 ends closest to your throat and tie them in a knot. It pulls the scarf up close to your neck and gives you a fun twist of silk that will be different every time.
I'll take a pic or two in a min to show you!

Oh MY Goodness!!
It's amazing on you and I am so flattered!! :hugs:

I'm not left-handed but you made me laugh!
That second tie is the easiest thing ever - fold the scarf in half and then in half again (so a long rectangle), toss around your neck, take the 2 ends closest to your throat and tie them in a knot. It pulls the scarf up close to your neck and gives you a fun twist of silk that will be different every time.
I'll take a pic or two in a min to show you!
Actually - when I find the 'How to tie scarves' thread I'll tag you so I don't de-rail this thread!

Reactions: HoneyLocks
Next: @EmileH posted these two quite some time ago:
View attachment 4278660 View attachment 4278663
I wanted this blouse ever since and was lucky enough to fine an Anne Fontaine store very close to my Hotel some weeks ago (well, H was not far either...). Since I have the same scarves as well (the folds of the Phoenix just did not stay put...):
View attachment 4278665 View attachment 4278664
Thanks for the inspiration!
Wonderful! I am thinking I need a Pareo now for my hawaii trips!

Ever since this thread was created I loved the idea. So now that the days are shorter it is time to contribute:
So, first one: I love Mythiques Phoenix, have the vert amande CW twice (one to use and one as a backup)
So, now I am doing the unthinkable: posting a swimsuit photo of myself on the internet.
Well, not the Caymans, not the elegant look (seriously, I am short, but not that short, it is the perspective!), but happy nevertheless:
View attachment 4278652

Honey locks , it makes me so happy seeing your glorious postings, the fab Pareo, the white Anne Fontaine shirt , and the C de C silk a la Cookiefiend,
It does seem that you really suit the same scarves, I love those tones on you and also think it’s a great design for tying.

Oh, this is a fun thread as I know exactly “who” inspired me to various “lengths” of Carres d’Hermes!

Please do realize the following requires hyperbole—
Most recently, on SOTD, three veteran scarfies “ganged up” on me Jan. 15 with their eloquent displays of Robe du Soir: @FugitiveRouge, @FizzyWater, and @Cookiefiend. The latter fiend delivered the coup de grace IN PINK even as I pleaded the third time for mercy against “enabling” a purchase.

By Jan. 20, I was “enRobed,” so to speak. So excited, I ripped it out of the package and dropped it right on top of my daily
T-shirt.
.E985556E-BDC5-49E1-9E9F-D8D7DEA42441.jpeg

Oh, this is a fun thread as I know exactly “who” inspired me to various “lengths” of Carres d’Hermes!

Most recently, on SOTD, three veteran scarfies “ganged up” on me Jan. 15 with their eloquent displays of Robe du Soir: @FugitiveRouge, @FizzyWater, and @Cookiefiend. The latter fiend delivered the coup de grace IN PINK even as I pleaded the third time for mercy against “enabling” a purchase.

By Jan. 20, I was “enRobed,” so to speak. So excited, I ripped it out of the package and dropped it right on top of my daily
T-shirt.
.View attachment 4324462

Congratulations! It's such a great scarf!

Next project:
I do not remember who posted this picture. Isn't it great? If you know who this is, please let me know!
View attachment 4278689

Must get:
Au fil de Carre (Annie Faivre)
a nice denim jacket
Moroccan tea set (or find a café that uses them)
black cat that poses well and will not destruct scarf...

omg- love this! Hee hee!

Oh lanit- what an inspiration! I can see why you HAD to have that one!

T-shirt.
.View attachment 4324462

:lol: It's perfect Jbizzy! You know you've done the right thing when you rip it out of the packaging and put it right on!

T-shirt.
.View attachment 4324462

Haahaaa!!! [emoji38]
It’s beautiful on you! [emoji173]️

T-shirt.
.View attachment 4324462
Oooh. That navy looks awesome against your green tee! Congratulations and enjoy!