The Y chromosome and Hermes

I am still training DH, but not too hopeful that it would work. I am happy since he doesn't interfere in my H purchases. And the less H he buys for himself, the more I get to buy...
But seriously, I think it is wonderful that some men appreciate Hermes and quality. I am training my boys too, and there is more hope here since they are still young.
My little one actually said last night that I must love Hermes because I wear it all the time. I thought he meant one of my Kellys (which I do wear all the time) but he clarified himself that he meant the 24, Faubourg eau de toilette. Not just a good eye, but also a good nose!

I am still training DH, but not too hopeful that it would work. I am happy since he doesn't interfere in my H purchases. And the less H he buys for himself, the more I get to buy...
But seriously, I think it is wonderful that some men appreciate Hermes and quality. I am training my boys too, and there is more hope here since they are still young.
My little one actually said last night that I must love Hermes because I wear it all the time. I thought he meant one of my Kellys (which I do wear all the time) but he clarified himself that he meant the 24, Faubourg eau de toilette. Not just a good eye, but also a good nose!

Oh, the lucky women who will marry your boys, Tamarind!

Awww...that's cute. My DH carries my purses when I shop too...I don't have any Hs yet...but it was funny one time we went out for a nice dinner while in Paris and we were walking to the restaurant (I was in like 3" heels and you know the cobblestone pavements of Paris) one hand he was holding on to me and in the other was my dainty little Chanel clutch! I wish I had a picture of that!

ms.fashionista, that's quite a visual. And what a sweetie your DH is to take such good care of you and your Chanel clutch.

ms.fashionista, that's quite a visual. And what a sweetie your DH is to take such good care of you and your Chanel clutch.

Yeah...he was very sweet...BUT FOR ONLY A MINUTE! I told him that he has to hold my clutch properly...like you have to tuck it under your armpit...he took the clutch, sniffed it and then said it smelt like B.O. :wtf:! So I had to back-hand him and I almost fell over coz he let go of me! :P

Yeah...he was very sweet...BUT FOR ONLY A MINUTE! I told him that he has to hold my clutch properly...like you have to tuck it under your armpit...he took the clutch, sniffed it and then said it smelt like B.O. :wtf:! So I had to back-hand him and I almost fell over coz he let go of me! :P

LMAO, ms.fashionista. Another great visual!

Here's my take. From a guy. Who likes leather too. But not like in pants.

I think it's o.k. that a guy has some sense of style and maybe even a little femininity. Guys want to look good and be the best in every aspect too: luxury goods express that. Even though it is a purse, there is still style and craftmanship involved. I'm into designers and lux goods and my girlfriend will ultimately fit into the picture as well! God knows I can't have more Louis boxes, or H, than she has!

Here's my contribution to this topic... I had gotten the H tie catalog in the mail today and since I have no SO or DH :sad: I took the catalog to work and gave it to a guy I work with. He likes nice things, so I thought he'd appreciate it, even though he doesn't own any H items.

He admired the catalog and then he stroked the paper and said, "even the paper feels luxurious". I then brought in my Ulysse agenda and told him that just yesterday while at a meeting I found myself stroking the totally yummy paper. He stroked it also and ooohed and ahhhed!:smile:

I have a very well trained DH that i would not trade for the world. I am somewhat new to H (4-5 months) but in that time frame HE has purchased all my H items for me as gifts. (1 birkin 1 kelly and 6 scarves). He even calls me everytime he spots a birkin in the wild

OK, here's my story:

Bob has a COW if I don't rotate my handbags and jewelry. He will bug me if I carry one/wear something too long, and tells me that I don't appreciate the other ones ...

... and so then he says "why should he buy me any more?"

AAACCCKKKK! :sad:

Well, we all know that is just a line since he has bought me two super nice handbags in the last 3 months! I try to rotate at least monthly, but will need to pick up the pace! And the jewelry acquisitions just keep coming. He's trying to psych me out! Wiener! :sweatdrop: :wtf:

He almost loves my things more than me! :shrugs:

Will be interesting to see how he reacts to me carrying Miss BJ Birkin now ... all the time. What does he expect me to do? Leave her in her box? I don't think so!

I have a very well trained DH that i would not trade for the world. I am somewhat new to H (4-5 months) but in that time frame HE has purchased all my H items for me as gifts. (1 birkin 1 kelly and 6 scarves). He even calls me everytime he spots a birkin in the wild
This is exactly the kind of DH I hope my boys will become!