The Y chromosome and Hermes

I think some people, men and women, are tuned into quality and recognize it when they see it. That expression, "having a good eye" is what I mean. And I also agree with our perceptive saligator -- men are into leather.

^^^Only ones with a questionable Y chromosome.:P

:shrugs: ...let me clear up with that little bit of cliché:

All men appreciate things that last, for many of us don't favour weekly shopping sprees for the same kind of thing, when it comes to fashion;).
So if one is willing to pay the price that H demands, any man will gladly prefer a piece of H from everything else.

...also:
If men didn't, who else would wear ALL those H ties? :P

:shrugs: ...let me clear up with that little bit of cliché:

All men appreciate things that last, for many of us don't favour weekly shopping sprees for the same kind of thing, when it comes to fashion;).
So if one is willing to pay the price that H demands, any man will gladly prefer a piece of H from everything else.

...also:
If men didn't, who else would wear ALL those H ties? :P
Sorry, Tenshi. My bad.:shame:

My DH is not a PHH but definitely not a big fan either. Chanel bags and H bags are the only ones that he recognizes by brand...and the only bags of mine that he has liked.

I got lucky...I got a real manly man who loves my beautiful bags...as long as I am not sneaking to buy behind his back! He must know every move I make!!! He even carries my Kelly when I am shopping.

My husband is also a big burly man's man that really appreciates the craftsmanship of Hermes leathers. He cringes when I carry Balenciaga and says he can't fathom why I would, having H in the closet.

It is great having a SO that notices bags and quality but there is no sneaking anything by these "leather appreciating" boys.

My husband is also a big burly man's man that really appreciates the craftsmanship of Hermes leathers. He cringes when I carry Balenciaga and says he can't fathom why I would, having H in the closet.

It is great having a SO that notices bags and quality but there is no sneaking anything by these "leather appreciating" boys.

So funny!! My DH told me to get rid of all my balencaiga and Chloe and to just spend my bag money on Chanel and Hermes!:yes:

I was at an OB/GYN appt and had my kelly inconspicuously tucked over by the curtain where u change. The first thing that my OB does when he comes in is makes a beeline over to my bag to complement what a gorgeous and beautiful bag I have!!!:wtf: No, "how are you or how are you doing today?" more like "that is a beautiful bag! wow! Don't tell my wife, I don't want her getting any ideas! What kind of bag is it?" Needless to say I was a bit weirded out:confused1: ...but maybe since he's an OB/GYN and is around women all the time, he has to have a feminine side to him??? I just thought it was funny and had to tell my DH when I got home bc he was once colleagues w/ him.

I got lucky...I got a real manly man who loves my beautiful bags...as long as I am not sneaking to buy behind his back! He must know every move I make!!! He even carries my Kelly when I am shopping.

Awww...that's cute. My DH carries my purses when I shop too...I don't have any Hs yet...but it was funny one time we went out for a nice dinner while in Paris and we were walking to the restaurant (I was in like 3" heels and you know the cobblestone pavements of Paris) one hand he was holding on to me and in the other was my dainty little Chanel clutch! I wish I had a picture of that!

Some of the younger gals I know moan that their boyfriends/husbands never notice little things about them - handbags, jewelry, haircuts. I always reply not to worry about that - men who "notice things" will also notice if you gain five pounds!

So, I'm grateful for my non-noticing DH! However, he did notice my kelly the other day (after a couple of years of my carrying it sort of regularly, I might add) and say it was a great-looking bag. I of course replied that I am one great-looking bag, too!