The WoC - Wallet on Chain thread

Question for everyone with with WOC:
What do you carry in your woc? I know it's a wallet on chain, but do you carry anything else in it? Would it be silly to carry a cardholder in the WOC? Would that take too much space?

Context: I am waiting for the perfect red color woc (I know the next red is 22P, but who knows what it will look like in caviar?) but the pink and the black caviar woc is giving me ALL THE FEELS. So I'm trying to debate whether I should wait till 22P (or maybe indefinitely) or just get the black or pink woc (and carry my cardholder in the woc). I have a thing with red wallets, so yes, trying to carry a red cardholder IN THE woc if the woc isn't red.:giggle:

It depends on if I'm traveling internationally or not. If I'm still in Canada, I put my phone and bifold cardholder in it because I'm too lazy to move all my cards and cash back and forth. If I go somewhere international, then I just need credit cards and ID so I use the card slots and just carry my phone and passport in it (my most recent but still pre-covid international travel was mostly Japan so I bring my passport everywhere when I'm there for no-tax). I use the lower zipper for cash and I used to stick purikura prints or instax photos in the front sleeve.

It's not very spacious so the cardholder does take up most of the space but it depends what else you want to carry. I wanted to keep a tampon along the bottom but was worried it would cause deformation so I bought a WOC shaper. Haven't had a chance to try it out yet but I think I should be able to fit a tampon or two there now. A lip gloss would probably work too but I'm too paranoid it's going to leak.

• Thanks
Reactions: Fixxi
Question for everyone with with WOC:
What do you carry in your woc? I know it's a wallet on chain, but do you carry anything else in it? Would it be silly to carry a cardholder in the WOC? Would that take too much space?

Context: I am waiting for the perfect red color woc (I know the next red is 22P, but who knows what it will look like in caviar?) but the pink and the black caviar woc is giving me ALL THE FEELS. So I'm trying to debate whether I should wait till 22P (or maybe indefinitely) or just get the black or pink woc (and carry my cardholder in the woc). I have a thing with red wallets, so yes, trying to carry a red cardholder IN THE woc if the woc isn't red.:giggle:

This is the usual contents of my woc as I am carrying it now. If I intend to hold my phone all the time, a powerbank would replace the phone. I sometimes would carry a sample perfume and lipstick and they would still fit.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you for all your responses. I noticed that I carry however much room I have in my purse (e.g. when I carry my LV Neverfull I fill it up, but when I carry my mini, I just carry my cardholder, hand sanitizer, and keys), so I started only carrying very small purses. I'm surprised how much stuff fits in WOCs even with the shaper!!!

Reactions: thundercloud
I recently purchased a beige caviar WOC with shw and trying to decide if I should keep it! I usually carry small bags - only my phone, home keys, car key, hand sanitizer, and mask. I already own a classic medium flap in black caviar and a reissue mini in ruthenium, but wanted to diversify to a lighter color. I did pay the higher price ($2950), which feels really steep. How practical is the WOC in the long run?

Reactions: juju2016
O

Do the quilts feel like there’s a layer of air in between? I’ve actually touched another black caviar woc this month that feels very very different ie it was super plastic-y but felt very durable. Both the one I didn’t end up owing and the one I did get were made in France with the micro chip. I hope this softer caviar holds up well…
I just received my new classic black caviar woc today. I purchased this to replace the older snap button version that I sold last year which was from 2019. The caviar does feel softer than I remember compared to my previous one and when I push on the quilts it does feel “airy.” I’m not worried about it though. The caviar does feel more luxe and not plasticky. I prefer this one. It seems durable enough. I have the iridescent beige woc from 19s in grained lambskin and have found that to be quite durable also.

Any woc owner experiencing same issue? Pictured here is the part where the shiny caviar coating wore off and shows the matte underneath because of the zipper placement, It always rub against one another when closing the bag, causing the finish to wear off, don't know how to solve this issue though.

View attachment 5253790
Maybe insert a piece of felt between the flap and bag during storage in order to prevent further rubbing. While using the bag you could cut a piece of eyeglass lense cleaning fabric and stick in the outer pocket hanging out over the area prone to rubbing. To remediate the dullness issue I would apply a tiny amount of saphir renovateur mink oil (Available on Amazon)to the affected area only, wait a few minutes, and gently buff with a cotton sock. The gentle buffing should restore the subtle shine. I have used this product periodically for years on caviar as well as aged calfskin and it works wonders. It’s like water for a dehydrated bag. I understand that a lot of people prefer not to use any products on their bags, and that’s fine. I am just speaking from personal experience. You can always take the woc to Chanel and who knows..they may say it’s faulty and offer to replace or repair it. Worth a shot.

Maybe insert a piece of felt between the flap and bag during storage in order to prevent further rubbing. While using the bag you could cut a piece of eyeglass lense cleaning fabric and stick in the outer pocket hanging out over the area prone to rubbing. To remediate the dullness issue I would apply a tiny amount of saphir renovateur mink oil (Available on Amazon)to the affected area only, wait a few minutes, and gently buff with a cotton sock. The gentle buffing should restore the subtle shine. I have used this product periodically for years on caviar as well as aged calfskin and it works wonders. It’s like water for a dehydrated bag. I understand that a lot of people prefer not to use any products on their bags, and that’s fine. I am just speaking from personal experience. You can always take the woc to Chanel and who knows..they may say it’s faulty and offer to replace or repair it. Worth a shot.
Thanks! I've heard about the mink oil and will look into that. I'm actually not really concern about it if it happens to all woc, just wondering if this is normal?

I've been toying with getting a classic WOC. Not surprised to hear there's leather variations across seasons or even within the same season, even though it's classic / REV.

Just wondering, since you both got yours recently, would you say the current classic black caviar is softer, less shiny, and somewhat poofy?

If I get one, it'll be over phone. Even though I can get pictures, it's never the same as seeing and FEELing it in person.
Any help will be much appreciated!

I just received my new classic black caviar woc today. I purchased this to replace the older snap button version that I sold last year which was from 2019. The caviar does feel softer than I remember compared to my previous one and when I push on the quilts it does feel “airy.” I’m not worried about it though. The caviar does feel more luxe and not plasticky. I prefer this one. It seems durable enough. I have the iridescent beige woc from 19s in grained lambskin and have found that to be quite durable also.

Hi everyone, after many years of continuously bumping a WOC purchase down my wish list, last year, I finally bought a black caviar WOC with SHW. She is a stiffer caviar (Series 28) and MIF. We love each other. I could not get the GHW out of my head and yesterday picked one up. She is a deeper black and has a slight shine. I do not know what series she is due to the chip ID. The caviar is softer and the bag is MII. My question is, do any of you own two caviar WOC with a notable difference in the feel of the leather, and does the difference in leather bother you?

View attachment 5245617

View attachment 5245618

I've been toying with getting a classic WOC. Not surprised to hear there's leather variations across seasons or even within the same season, even though it's classic / REV.

Just wondering, since you both got yours recently, would you say the current classic black caviar is softer, less shiny, and somewhat poofy?

If I get one, it'll be over phone. Even though I can get pictures, it's never the same as seeing and FEELing it in person.
Any help will be much appreciated!

Here’s a pic of mine. I would say it is softer and luxe feeling as opposed to plasticky. Mine has a sheen to it, it’s definitely not matte, but not shiny either. My quilts are pronounced but more flat on top rather than rounded as compared to my previous woc from 2019. Both look nice in my opinion. I am not a fan of flat quilts or matte caviar on the woc so I’m happy with mine. Hope this helps

Thank you both so much! Definitely helpful, yours looks beautiful. I now see what you mean by not matte, but not overly shiny. Based on what I've seen, the more plastic-ky or seasonal color caviars *seem* to be more shiny.

I like the sheen, and want mine to look like this too!

Mine looks the same as earthygirl’s! The grains look bigger to me.
Hi earthygirl, was there any plastic covering on the round piece of magnetic metal underneath the cc logo in the top inner flap? Mine came without but the magnetic closure on the bottom of the bag did…so strange… thankyou!