The "WHY I SAID GOODBYE TO MY LV" Club

Apart from being a bit overpriced, I have nothing bad to say about the Pallas chain. Still have it in the Aurore color...sold the red based solely on color preference

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,650
I also don't like that you have to flip open the hardware before you can open the bag. There's a risk that the hardware will get snagged with something while it's open. Do you feel that?

You're right...I have used my black Louise a lot. It has snagged my clothes before. The hardware scratches so easily. Seriously thinking about letting it go too

This part was interetsting in your quote. "My brand new Monogram Speedy B-30 is the new style & already has wrinkling on all 4 chapes where the stitching is & I never used her yet but it's past the return period. The newer Speedies are thinner canvas & cheaper made handles & leather imo. " I think we really need to get the word out there that this nm reformulated canvas has got to go. I am scared of it . It is not tested for 5 years like the original canvas . How will it hold up in 5 years? Even LV does not know because its so new and already has issues. Poor move by LV.

Not to mention some of them stink. I bought the Speedy 25 B DE and changed it. I have made a thread as well. The piping was also very dented and I didn't like it. I exchanged it for the same. The stinking, chemical smell is still here even after 10 days airing it but thankfully the piping is good. I have heard of the same problem with wallets. They definitely have changed something with their materials. My DA which I bought a month ago smells nice like all the other canvas LV bags I have bought in the past and it is the new model too.

Not to mention some of them stink. I bought the Speedy 25 B DE and changed it. I have made a thread as well. The piping was also very dented and I didn't like it. I exchanged it for the same. The stinking, chemical smell is still here even after 10 days airing it but thankfully the piping is good. I have heard of the same problem with wallets. They definitely have changed something with their materials. My DA which I bought a month ago smells nice like all the other canvas LV bags I have bought in the past and it is the new model too.

I started to think it was just me!!! Returned 2 wallets because of that smell. Waited too long to return my speedy. 5 mos later, I can still smell the chemical scent.

Hi! may i have the link to your thread about the chemical smell on the new bags? Thanks

My recent goodbyes:

Tivoli PM - my 1st LV! It was too small.
Zippy Organizer Mono - felt way too big; repurchased new recently because I missed it!
Bloomsbury PM - it just looked weird on me.
Speedy 35 DA - really wanted a Speedy B; got a new B30 DA and couldn't be happier!
Cles DA - didn't really use it
Pochette - got a new Favorite MM mono instead and use it more than I ever thought I would!
Sarah Long Wallet - sold to go back to the large Zippy Organizer
Agenda MM - didn't use it; my life is on my iPhone
Neverfull MM Mono & DE - felt like I outgrew them; just got a new GM with Pivoine!
Artsy MM Mono & DA - loved the look of this bag but it was so uncomfortable to carry for me.
Tape Bag Charm - I loved this charm for a long time. I guess I was just kind of over it.

My biggest regret was selling the NF MM DE because I grabbed it at a steal for $400 in like new condition and no longer have anything in DE for rainy days. :noggin:

My collection is tiny now, but I only have a few things that I absolutely love!! Two weeks ago I went to purchase the Metis, but it felt like it looked odd on me. I think I need something in DE anyway. :blossom:

I started to think it was just me!!! Returned 2 wallets because of that smell. Waited too long to return my speedy. 5 mos later, I can still smell the chemical scent.

Oh God. It is a little bit less now, but not gone. I hate it. If I didn't love the bag that much I would exchange it for something else.

Hi, I am also thinking of buying Totally PM in either azure or DE in the nm reformulated canvas which I hear might have some issues. Can you PM me on any reasons I should or shouldn;t buy it? Thanks

I just sent you a PM about the Totally PM in DE - it's a great bag and I have not had any issues with it at all since I bought it!

My Speedy 25 DA - too small of a bag for me to carry and should have purchased the 30 originally and would have possibly kept that. I have the Mono 30 and that doesn't bother me at all. I like the Azur, and miss it, but I think I'll get something in a different style next year.

I just sent off two more to the great reseller in the sky...

speedy 35 - got it for a song on a total impulse buy. I hate top handle bags so I've only carried it once or twice. I have bought and sold this silly bag so many times because I love the look and how classic it is - but it's just not practical for me.

Geode zippy wallet - the hard sided and curved shape are unique but I got a ltd da zippy not long after I bought the geode. Poor thing never stood a chance of being used much. Off it went!

I bought a Mono Galliera PM in 2011 (or 2012?) but returned it unused because it was my first LV and I felt guilty about spending that amount. I regretted it all these years! Especially when it was discontinued. I recently got it again (from my hubby for my bday) pre-loved in very good condition. I wish I would've kept my new, unused one-- but happy to have that bag again. It's my only LV (so far).

I've SO much to add to this list of what I've sold to fund for others..to sell again..to fund for others..

1. Mono Canvas Speedy 30 for Mono Speedy 35: I felt the 30 was too tight in opening-liked how much wider the 35 was & with all my stuff inside, felt light as a feather still.

2. Mono Speedy 35 for Cabas Piano: Speedy became all the more impractical when my son was in elementary school, especially with all volunteering days & chaperoning field trips, I needed a practical bag & Cabas Piano fit that with shoulder carry feature & zip top closure.

3. Cabas Piano for Galleira GM because Galleiras had just come out & it was an even more practical shoulder hobo bag!

4. Galleira GM for Totally MM because the totally was more user friendly, with all the pockets/compartments/outer pockets..

5. Damier Ebene Neverfull GM for Damier Ebene Speedy 35 because Neverfull GM was too big, too open for my needs and my son is way out of grade school now so I didn't need a tote for chaperoning/volunteering purposes & I just really missed the Speedy 35 size.

I still have my Multicolore Speedy 30 though, not getting rid of that.. ;)

I forgot! Also for handbags!!

6. Sold Epi Alma PM in Carmen for a Pochette Metis because I didn't like how stiff Epi Alma was and decided I'm a LV Canvas lvoer..

7. Sold Pochette Metis because it was annoyingly smaller and hard to use, the push lock closure was adorable but not user friendly..to me anyway.

Reactions: healthysaver
SLG's:

1. Agenda PM for agenda MM because I felt PM size was too small as a daily planner. It's mainly best for note taking and keeping a couple items in..but not for serious day to day/week to week planning.

2. Vernis Sarah for Mono Canvas Sarah because I feel mono canvas is softer, though Vernis has the most gorgeous color line ;(

3. Porte Tresor Internationale for Vernis Sarah before Vernis Sarah to Mono Sarah & now that PTI is discontinued I regret selling it..

4. Multicolore Zippy for Multicolore Sarah because the zip around got on my nerves and Sarah is my fave style of LV wallet.

5. Sold Epi French Purse because it was too stiff and preferred mono canvas French Purse.

Reactions: healthysaver