The "WHY I SAID GOODBYE TO MY LV" Club

Tonimack

Oct 22, 2014
Hello to all!!!

I know many of you are as addicted to LV as I am! I am also sure some of you have sold, consigned and/or given away your precious pre-loved pieces.

Please post pictures of your "dearly departed"...what did you love or hate about these pieces? Do you regret getting rid of them? Would you buy them again or not?

Please share!

I don't have pictures of my dearly departed as I had sold them some years ago. I got rid of my mono speedy 30 and DE neverfull mm. The speedy 30 was way too big for my frame and the bottom was too saggy. The neverfull straps pinched my shoulders and I often found it awkward to carry. I am considering a neverfull again in the future though it would strictly be used as a travel tote and not a daily bag.

Turenne MM (actual picture)
I have nothing negative to say about this bag...I especially love the pleats. I got rid of it because I had to make space for more colorful pieces and less monogram.
Would I buy it again? Maybe...

Attachments

• tur.JPG
    tur.JPG
    710.5 KB · Views: 5,516
I don't have pictures of my dearly departed as I had sold them some years ago. I got rid of my mono speedy 30 and DE neverfull mm. The speedy 30 was way too big for my frame and the bottom was too saggy. The neverfull straps pinched my shoulders and I often found it awkward to carry. I am considering a neverfull again in the future though it would strictly be used as a travel tote and not a daily bag.

Interesting...I am starting to feel that way about my Neverfull MM! I was hoping the straps would soften but so far they haven't and it does get a bit unconfortable to carry. Thanks for sharing

I don't have any pictures either, as I've sold my bags already and some more than 8 years ago. I sold my Speedy 25 in mono ( my first LV bag) because the opening was too small, I sold my bucket bag in mono because it was small also and the straps didn't stay on my shoulders, I sold my Noe in mono because it lacked interior organization and was a big open space and the strap didn't stay on my shoulder ,as it was too wide, I sold my Poppincourt Haute ( mono) because I just didn't like the bag. I found the interior to be too small too. I sold my Galleria PM in mono because I just grew tired of it, I sold my Palermo PM ( mono) because it wasn't comfortable worn as a shoulder bag and crossbody was awkward, also I don't care for vachetta after it patinas. I sold my Salsa Musette, but really wish I hadn't as it was a useful little bag. I don't miss any of the bags I've sold, as I sold them for a reason. The bags I've bought more recently are better suited to my current lifestyle and I love them! I'm focusing on adding bags to my collection that I plan on owning and using for a long time and my goal is variety in my collection.

Last edited:
Reactions: musk_plus
I forgot I recently sold my Neverfull in DE last September. It was the new model and I just didn't care for it. If I ever buy this bag in the future, it will be to use as a travel tote, not a purse.

Last edited:
French Purse, DE (website photo)

I had this baby for about a month before selling it. I love how cute it is!
Reason for selling: For a compact wallet, it was too bulky for my needs
Would I buy it again? Not likely

Attachments

• french p.jpg
    french p.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 5,228
I forgot I recently sold my Neverfull in DE last September. It was the new model and I just didn't care for it. If I ever buy this bag in the future, it will be to use as a travel tote, not a purse.
Another regret for Neverfull MM! So many people love it...goes to show that to each his/her own. I really think I will end up selling mine too. Thanks for sharing

I don't have any pictures either, as I've sold my bags already and some more than 8 years ago. I sold my Speedy 25 in mono ( my first LV bag) because the opening was too small, I sold my bucket bag in mono because it was small also and the straps didn't stay on my shoulders, I sold my Noe in mono because it lacked interior organization and was a big open space and the strap didn't stay on my shoulder ,as it was too wide, I sold my Poppincourt Haute ( mono) because I just didn't like the bag. I found the interior to be too small too. I sold my Galleria PM in mono because I just grew tired of it, I sold my Palermo PM ( mono) because it wasn't comfortable worn as a shoulder bag and crossbody was awkward, also I don't care for vachetta after it patinas. I sold my Salsa Musette, but really wish I hadn't as it was a useful little bag. I don't miss any of the bags I've sold, as I sold them for a reason. The bags I've bought more recently are better suited to my current lifestyle and I love them! I'm focusing on adding bags to my collection that I plan on owning and using for a long time and my goal is variety in my collection.
I felt the same about the speedy 25...it is such a cute piece, but I couldn't get past the small opening and getting scratched on my hand continuously by the zipper when trying to get anything out.

Just sold my 8 year old cabas piano. It is just too small for me. And I never liked the vachetta bottom. Though I used CamaroChic's method of cleaning it - and it looked pretty good.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 5,160
Last edited:
This is a fun thread! ImageUploadedByPurseForum1427817759.474563.jpg I got rid of most of my collection from 2 years ago! Lol actually I don't own any of these anymore! I sold my Ikat bc I was worried about the color of the straps that people were saying about them transferring to your cloths. The brea Indian rose I LOVE THIS BAG. I sold to get the brighter color ROse litchi ImageUploadedByPurseForum1427817870.622416.jpg I switched to a keepall 55 AZUR and sold the delightful pm to get the delightful mm in azur. The speedy azur is my must have bag I sold the 30 to get the 35 [emoji51]

I don't have a picture anymore but about a year ago I sold my vernis Wilshire PM. It was too small and formal for everyday use and I hated how it felt so delicate. I ended up never using it so I sold it and put the money toward a Chanel WOC which was way more practical.

Would I buy it again? No, but I learned to really think about how pieces fit into my lifestyle before purchasing them.

I don't have any pictures at hand, might trawl though my iphone and see what I have on there, but my dearly departed list from my recollection goes something like this:

Mono speedy 40- was too big and never got used much, sat in wardrobe for couple years so got rid.
DE Speedy 35- was still too big for me so got rid
Mono speedy 30- bottomless pit annoyed me- not functional for me so got rid after trying to get as much use out of it over the years.
Azur Speedy 30- as above.
Alma Multicolour Black- So pretty but not functional enough for every day use for me so spent most of its life sitting there , used occasionally for dinner/ restaurant dates.
Mono Stresa PM - purchased pre-loved and owned for about 3 days before I sold this on. I didnt like the feel of pre-loved and this one although the patina was nice, it had already been loved enough and the experience made me draw the line under pre-loved pieces.
Mono groom LE wallet- Owned for 7 years and decided I needed something new so I sold this piece on.
LV Initials Belt- Owned for 2-3 years and got bored so sold this on.
LV Keepall 50- used few times so sold this on.