The story of how Cats finally got her bag -- a reveal!

Cats in the Bag,

I am so very happy that you found your perfect Kelly! Perfect she is, the Red is such a fabulous pop color! I believe we share the same Hermes store and SA. I know you have had admirable patience and self control. There is W O W to your new bag. Enjoy it forever. I was married in 1993 so a good year indeed!
The bag was meant to be. Sincere Congratulations. You must go show our SA as I know she will be thrilled for you!!

Thanks, BostonBirkin! Yes, 1993 was a good year indeed! From your screen name, I would bet we do share the same store. Who is your SA? I love the Boston store because it is not snooty/snobby at all -- I often stop in after my volunteer shift at the local animal shelter and am in jeans and sneakers, and the staff there could care less. (I do make a point of NOT trying on scarves when I am coated in cat fur! )

However. I have to confess I do feel strange about telling my SA I decided to get a vintage bag instead of going through her. I know she won't be mad, but I'm sure she will probably be disappointed -- the commission an SA gets on a K or B must be significant. I wish I knew how to tell her without it being awkward.

If Docride did it, I would have no worry. I've had her prep and treat some saddle leather bags, and I've used her formula for rain-proofing box leather—and all has been perfect. Enjoy your beautiful piece!

Good to know about the rain-proofing treatment -- this is what I asked her to do before shipping the bag, and I was hoping it was a true rain-proof, and that water will just sort of slide off the bag and that I could just dry it off with a soft towel and not worry about it. I don't think I could ever feel comfortable with untreated box!

I almost forgot to mention, one of the things that made this bag special to me is it was made in 1993, the year DH and I met. Silly, maybe, but I do love imagining it being stitched together as we were getting to know each other, and then, years later, finding its way to me!

Congratulations on finding your special Kelly- one that is special to you in so many ways! Love reading your story, and personally, I love red bags/accessories. Enjoy your beautiful Kelly!😍

I can't tell which I love more - the Rouge Vif - the BOX LEATHER :loveeyes: - or your story. It is so comforting to know that I'm not the only one driven completely crazy by Hermes, even when orders are placed specifically for you. It is so difficult! Thank you so much for sharing, and congrats congrats congrats!

I can't tell which I love more - the Rouge Vif - the BOX LEATHER :loveeyes: - or your story. It is so comforting to know that I'm not the only one driven completely crazy by Hermes, even when orders are placed specifically for you. It is so difficult! Thank you so much for sharing, and congrats congrats congrats!

Ferrip, the thing I love about tPF, and the H forum especially, is the feeling that I am surrounded by others who "get it." We are all driven crazy by Hermes, and no matter how bad it is, we just can't get this brand out of our hearts. There was a story on here recently about a member whose SO came in so long after she had placed it (something like THREE YEARS) that she had completely forgotten about it! It's amazing the hoops we jump through to spend our hard-earned money ... and yet, there is nothing quite like H!

For myself, I think I learned that I'm a much happier shopper when I happen across something and decide that I like it, rather than ordering and then playing the waiting game. Half the time, when I go to H intending to buy a specific item, something else catches my eye and I end up with that instead ... But that's just me ... :smile:

Thanks, BostonBirkin! Yes, 1993 was a good year indeed! From your screen name, I would bet we do share the same store. Who is your SA? I love the Boston store because it is not snooty/snobby at all -- I often stop in after my volunteer shift at the local animal shelter and am in jeans and sneakers, and the staff there could care less. (I do make a point of NOT trying on scarves when I am coated in cat fur! )

However. I have to confess I do feel strange about telling my SA I decided to get a vintage bag instead of going through her. I know she won't be mad, but I'm sure she will probably be disappointed -- the commission an SA gets on a K or B must be significant. I wish I knew how to tell her without it being awkward.
Well be relieved that there is NO commission for K or B bags : )
The sale of a K or B is added towards the SA yearly total $ sales, but since those bags sell so easily I wouldn't feel bad going to the resale market! Hermes can only offer you what they 'have' in stock and that is always very limited. I Know the Boston SA would be happy for you because she is a kind person who would be thrilled that you are happy!

Well be relieved that there is NO commission for K or B bags : )
The sale of a K or B is added towards the SA yearly total $ sales, but since those bags sell so easily I wouldn't feel bad going to the resale market! Hermes can only offer you what they 'have' in stock and that is always very limited. I Know the Boston SA would be happy for you because she is a kind person who would be thrilled that you are happy!

NO commission for Ks and Bs? Wow, I didn't know that! Well, THAT makes me feel better! It also explains why our SA did not seem bothered in the least when I turned down the gold togo Kelly (although I also figured she just called the next person on her list who wanted one and they snatched it up!). And yes, you are right, our SA is a very kind person ... I know she will be happy for me, and insist on having a look at my bag!

Just curious, do they get commission for other bags, or just scarves, RTW, jewelry, etc? I'm always curious to learn more about the way things work at H.

NO commission for Ks and Bs? Wow, I didn't know that! Well, THAT makes me feel better! It also explains why our SA did not seem bothered in the least when I turned down the gold togo Kelly (although I also figured she just called the next person on her list who wanted one and they snatched it up!). And yes, you are right, our SA is a very kind person ... I know she will be happy for me, and insist on having a look at my bag!

Just curious, do they get commission for other bags, or just scarves, RTW, jewelry, etc? I'm always curious to learn more about the way things work at H.
I am not sure how the commission system works, but I know that she told me that there is no commission on B and K. I am sure there is on the other bags but someone else on the forum may know more? I don't buy any high end jewelry, only silver bracelets.
I don't buy much silk. I am into silly things. I like the animal key chains. Also, I am really into the leather bracelets.
Although it seems like so much money for a purse liner -- I did buy the Hermes liner for my bags because the purses are lined in leather. I figure that is what makes the bags so expensive that they are handmade and have two layers of leather : ) At least that was my justification.
BTW, my name is the same as our SA ;)