The Stam is Back!

Haven't been on the forums much lately, but oh my goodness, Stam re-release, really??!!
Time to get out my two originals (taupe and black, from the very first release). They are heavy, but such great bags. Feeling nostalgic for that early 2000's vibe!

Reactions: sdkitty and snibor
I bought re-release and I think the quality of the leather was poor for the price.. I sent it back but I was bummed! Still am, a little!
Bummer. I just posted a question asking if they are better. Apparently not. They were the worst of all the designer bags I have purchased. A lot of us had to do DIY fix it and spend a lot of time and efforts patching up what was thousand dollar bags. Such a pity because the design is so adorable. It is the LVMH approach to designer bag sadly. Reduce quality, increase prices.

Reactions: ChampagneandChakras
Bummer. I just posted a question asking if they are better. Apparently not. They were the worst of all the designer bags I have purchased. A lot of us had to do DIY fix it and spend a lot of time and efforts patching up what was thousand dollar bags. Such a pity because the design is so adorable. It is the LVMH approach to designer bag sadly. Reduce quality, increase prices.
I had a VERY tight closure. Like had to get my husband to help me. For what was dubbed as lambskin made in Italy it felt like plastic.

I had a VERY tight closure. Like had to get my husband to help me. For what was dubbed as lambskin made in Italy it felt like plastic.
Disappointing. I remember returning my bag. Then hunting for a specific leather feel, because I wanted my bag to be as close as advertised as possible. It was exhausting. I finally found one that I remember was as "fluffy" as their advertorials. But the closure was sooooo loose that it often opened up by itself. Plus the bag was HEAVY. In the end, I just don't use it. I was too exhausted to sell it. I forgot where it is now. After so many moves I lost track. I think I gave it to my sister who outgrew it then also passed it on to my mum. Or something. Anyways. Sorry about your bag. Marc Jacobs should stick to ready to wear and perfumes.

Reactions: ChampagneandChakras
I have the re-release and love it. I always get compliments when I wear it. Have no issue with quality.
I have now reconsidered. I was going thru my bags and just took my stam out which was purchased in March. The bag has been worn handful of times and has been stored in dust bag. I noticed today there seems to be some discoloring towards the top (front and back of bag). Also on left side of bag. Tough to see in photos. Looks better and worse, depending on light.

Attachments

• IMG_4617.jpeg
    IMG_4617.jpeg
    295.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_4618.jpeg
    IMG_4618.jpeg
    303.1 KB · Views: 26
  • Sad
Reactions: BareniaKelly
I have now reconsidered. I was going thru my bags and just took my stam out which was purchased in March. The bag has been worn handful of times and has been stored in dust bag. I noticed today there seems to be some discoloring towards the top (front and back of bag). Also on left side of bag. Tough to see in photos. Looks better and worse, depending on light.
This is disappointing. When Marc Jacobs had two separate lines they also had a dedicated repair person. He was well known on the MJ forums and I had the edge coat repaired on one of my bags.

Your bag is not even a year old yet. I would hope if you contacted them they might come up with some remedy or replacement.

Reactions: snibor
Sad.

I had hoped I was wrong.

But my personal experience from when they first came out was how exhausted I was after I finally found the "right" leather but still having to deal with the closure. I was not happy. I was not satisfied. I was frustrated and resentful. Feeling like I was made a fool of, and lied to.

Those feeling left a huge mark when I paid SG $2500 for one. At the time it was about the same price range as some of the best made bags and more established brands.

Marc Jacobs was riding high after his era at Louis Vuitton.

His ready to wear was fun and charming. He breathed a new life into LV not seen again until Virgil Abloh.

But for thousands of dollars worth of bag or other such items, none of us are here for JUST the item.

We all know this.

Without every other elements around the purchasing experiences not only covered adequately, but delivered excellently, AND then some, none of these items or brands are worth the money they are asking.

Personally, I would stay away from the re-issue.

Brands behaving badly should never be rewarded nor encouraged.

Reactions: snibor