The Stam is Back!

iluvmybags

& My Motos & Shoes!
O.G.
Sep 13, 2006
Opened my email this morning and was pleasantly surprised to find this

44F1F30E-15D4-428D-9FCE-E06897BEA408.jpeg

The full size and Baby Stam are back, but only in very few colors — the full size stam is available in black and white, while the baby stam is available in black and rose.

2EA5DBF9-50DC-40BB-AA97-5E8CA17DA552.jpeg

They went with lamb’s leather, which was always my favorite. I’m hoping its successful enough that they bring it back in a few other colors. Not a fan of black or white, but this ‘wolf grey’ is really pretty!

9FC23BDC-1A5B-46B9-B352-5B3C2783CE71.jpeg

If anyone decides to buy one, let us know what you think. Are they as well made as the originals?

I have always loved this bag - I don’t know why - so I’m happy it’s back.
Tho I would rather see Jessica in the ad than Paris, but whatevs. I guess he’s just really going full 2005 retro :lol:

Agree
I honestly can’t remember seeing Paris even carry this bag. I think her sister Nicky did, but I can’t recall ever seeing photos of Paris carrying the stam

Ugh, I suppose if I am going to get the benefit of my favorite early 2000's bags coming back, I'm going to have to be nice about seeing my least favorite early 2000's celebs come back as well.

(Seriously though, the Stam was my most coveted back back then, as was all of Marc Jacob's styles around that time. I can't remember who, but there was a TPF-er who had the most to die for collection of Stams in I think every color they issued!)

It’s too late to edit my post, but I should have mentioned that what I’m happiest about, is the bag is the same. Not “reimagined” or redesigned with an updated handle or a change to the quilted pattern. Although I see the hardware is Silver, and I only remember it being the antiqued Gold colour (maybe it did come in silver, I don’t remember, only that it was heavy, esp. when the lining was that beautiful raspberry coloured suede). But that’s kinda minor, IMO. Now if only we could get Marc back at LV - I need a reissue of the Manhattan GM :lol:

Yes @Kiradris i remember her too, she used to post in the wardrobe forum (post your outfit of the day) a lot.

It’s too late to edit my post, but I should have mentioned that what I’m happiest about, is the bag is the same. Not “reimagined” or redesigned with an updated handle or a change to the quilted pattern. Although I see the hardware is Silver, and I only remember it being the antiqued Gold colour (maybe it did come in silver, I don’t remember, only that it was heavy, esp. when the lining was that beautiful raspberry coloured suede). But that’s kinda minor, IMO. Now if only we could get Marc back at LV - I need a reissue of the Manhattan GM :lol:

Yes @Kiradris i remember her too, she used to post in the wardrobe forum (post your outfit of the day) a lot.
Ugh, I suppose if I am going to get the benefit of my favorite early 2000's bags coming back, I'm going to have to be nice about seeing my least favorite early 2000's celebs come back as well.

(Seriously though, the Stam was my most coveted back back then, as was all of Marc Jacob's styles around that time. I can't remember who, but there was a TPF-er who had the most to die for collection of Stams in I think every color they issued!)
I think you guys might be talking about @nascarfan. She had a huge stam collection

Also bumping up the Stam Lover's Club in honor of its re-release!

I have two Stams, both bought from EBay many years ago, a full size black and a middle-sized (small?) purple. I have to dig them out of the closet! :heart: The black is in excellent condition, it had corner wear, but as it’s black, it was super easy to take care of. The purple one is more fragile (lambskin?), it also has a little corner wear and that’s hard to fix because of the colour. (I have an issue with corners, I’m so annoyed if my bag has wear on them. :rolleyes:) Anyways, I’m happy the Stam is back! It’s a classic IMO.:smile:

Yikes.

I have a couple - one in python and one in brown icy leather, both bought in the 2ndary market. Not sure I like the revival, I like that no one else around is carrying what I'm carrying.