The Speedy Gonzales Club!

Ohhhh This thread is :heart::heart::heart:

I had Speedy B 35 in DE for a long time now ( 6 ish years ) and I use it daily . Now since its getting so bad ( worn corners and many times fell down from the bike ) so I decided to let her retired early and get Speedy 25 in Mono...Now I don't know if I made a wrong decision since I'm used to the crossbody , and I can go back to 100% handheld. Although the last few years since I dont need anymore 2 freehands to hold the kids when we were out ( they are so big - I need serious bribery to able to hold their hands when we walk .. Sigh.. ) , I handheld the bag anyway ...

I'm still so confused , so lets see when she arrived today (YAY , I was on waiting list for 3 months for it ) and if I will keep her :smile: Hence so happy to saw this thread, see if I can convince my self about it

Oh yah, the picture , I use another unbranded strap and unbranded bandeau just to keep her alive for more years to come :smile:

IMG_1427.jpg

Hi LVoes....would love your feedback on this new speedy 25 classic I just picked up from Fashionphile. I paid abt $40 over the current LV price. It came with everything....box, dustbag, lock/2 keys, and the ribbon/giftcard. It's brand new and looks like someone bought it and didn't want to return it. There are a few things upon inspection that aren't perfect. A little wrinkling under the pull tab, a small slightly darker spot on the handle (looks like it would blend in with a little patina) and the canvas comes over a bit on the piping on one side (not sure if this normal..I have 5 other speedy's and the piping doesn't look like this).

Here's my question y'all. I don't have an SA to call and this is always sold out online. Should I keep this bag, try to order it via customer service OR order a mon monogram speedy 25? I'm not worried about resell with the mon monogram as it would be a forever bag.
You don’t need to have a store SA. Just call the LV online phone number, ask the SA there help you to check whether they have the items you like in stock, they could help you to make the order if the item is in stock, or they will write down your number and call you back when the item is available. Some even could help you to make a pending order, you pay through the link they sent to your email. And when the item is available, it will be shipped to you directly, that’s how I got my speedy b 25 DE MIF last month( wait around 1 month after prepaid through the email link)

Just purchased my first speedy (classic 30
mono). I’m already in love and wanting to accessorize it :lol:does anyone use any bandeaus or bag charms on their speedy?:love:
Congrats !! I use unbranded bandeou to both handles on both my speedy

Attachments

• F458228D-41B5-492E-A49C-390D14E8B2AC.jpeg
    F458228D-41B5-492E-A49C-390D14E8B2AC.jpeg
    124.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 8CA974A3-7946-4059-99B8-A26D1D8B0242.jpeg
    8CA974A3-7946-4059-99B8-A26D1D8B0242.jpeg
    172.5 KB · Views: 31
Just purchased my first speedy (classic 30
mono). I’m already in love and wanting to accessorize it :lol:does anyone use any bandeaus or bag charms on their speedy?:love:
Congrats and welcome!

I don’t use bag charms other than a luggage tag. This year, I added a bandeau bb to liven my DE. An SA tied the bandeau for me in store…and I am afraid to undo :P

Attachments

• C275F72F-EFD2-4F9A-9DA8-9E4565674901.jpeg
    C275F72F-EFD2-4F9A-9DA8-9E4565674901.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 67
Hi guys, I just got a preloved speedy made in 2013. I noticed that the canvas has micro bumps all over, i know that the larger bumps are totally normal. I know that canvas varies over the years and for different models but can anyone with a speedy b from 2013 or older confirm if these micro bumps are normal. TIA!
[emoji177]

View attachment 4018794
View attachment 4018796
View attachment 4018797

I just got a speedy b 2013 in monogram from fashionphile. The canvas seems super thin and almost fake, the bumps aren’t anything like all of my other monogram pieces, it’s profoundly smooth. Not sure if I should send it back. Was yours the same?