The Speedy Gonzales Club!

I need some help! Please!!! I am looking at adding another LV to my current collection (I have 3 NF's in all three prints and a mono Delightful). I was looking at adding either the Graceful PM or the Speedy B 25. However I cannot for the life of me figure out what print!!! I was looking at the Azur print but the more I see pictures and look at the prints the more I am not 100% certain I want the Azur. What print do you have in your Speedy and if you had to buy again would you buy the same print or would you get something different? THANKS!!!
I had both speedy b25 in mono and DE and I think the mono is cuter to look at and DE looked better carried (in the mirror). Goes better with my clothes. I sold the DE bc I tended to carry the mono more ( how often do you look at yourself when you are out and about). That's just me. I would go to the boutique and check them both out and get the one that grabs your heart.

I have decided i need the b30 in DE which is my next purchase. GL

I need some help! Please!!! I am looking at adding another LV to my current collection (I have 3 NF's in all three prints and a mono Delightful). I was looking at adding either the Graceful PM or the Speedy B 25. However I cannot for the life of me figure out what print!!! I was looking at the Azur print but the more I see pictures and look at the prints the more I am not 100% certain I want the Azur. What print do you have in your Speedy and if you had to buy again would you buy the same print or would you get something different? THANKS!!!
I have DE and would definitely buy it again. I live in Ohio and we can have all 4 seasons in a week so I needed an everyday bag that would work in any weather at any given time. I love this bag! I have the 25B btw. :smile:

I have two speedy 30's in mono/DE...would definitely buy them again. I just purchased a MWT speedyb 30 and love that bag. I like regular mono for spring/summer and DE, mono/black for Fall/Winter. I love the look of DA but not for me. I would only use it in the summer, plus I only prefer it with new vachetta so it doesn't make sense to me to get a speedy in DA.

I had both speedy b25 in mono and DE and I think the mono is cuter to look at and DE looked better carried (in the mirror). Goes better with my clothes. I sold the DE bc I tended to carry the mono more ( how often do you look at yourself when you are out and about). That's just me. I would go to the boutique and check them both out and get the one that grabs your heart.

I have decided i need the b30 in DE which is my next purchase. GL
Thank you! I was leaning toward DE because it is so versatile.

I have two speedy 30's in mono/DE...would definitely buy them again. I just purchased a MWT speedyb 30 and love that bag. I like regular mono for spring/summer and DE, mono/black for Fall/Winter. I love the look of DA but not for me. I would only use it in the summer, plus I only prefer it with new vachetta so it doesn't make sense to me to get a speedy in DA.

I was thinking about the vachetta too! I kind of prefer it newer looking and not sure how I would feel once the patina got darker. Thanks for your help!

Reactions: TXLVlove
So I have a little time to decide but I have an ‘89 mono speedy 35 I bought from fashionphile. It came with cracked vachetta on the zip pull tab which broke off after a couple months of use. I don’t mind that it’s missing and I can get I replaced easily as I’m close to a boutique. But I’m trying to decide if I should even keep the bag. It’s a good size for holding my things with kids but awkward sometimes to carry. I find myself missing the bandouliere strap. I do love that it’s vintage.

I would probably repair the tab before selling but I might ask fashionphile about it as well since they have a buy back program. Curious what other speedy owners think - keep the vintage or sell, and then repair or leave it be? Would a buyer rather there be no pull tab or a tab that is drastically different in color?

I’m going to France this summer with my family so I also have the ability to buy a speedy b at the lower price and completely duty free (since you can combine allowance as a family). I don’t think it makes sense to buy another bag and keep this one - I bought it originally for using in the fall/winter. (I have speedy b 30 DA currently as well). What would you do? :smile:

I personally hate seeing speedys with missing pull tab and I would never buy one in that condition, but I know plenty of people that do for the right price. You probably wouldn't get your money back on the investment of replacing the tab (unless LV does it for free, which I think sometimes they do at random) when you go to sell. I'm not sure FP will buy back since the condition is not the same and they have a time limit on the buyback program, but you can try.

If I were you, I would take it in to LV and get a quote and do some research on different resale platforms including FP and then decide. I would not keep it. GL.

Reactions: MmeM124
So I have a little time to decide but I have an ‘89 mono speedy 35 I bought from fashionphile. It came with cracked vachetta on the zip pull tab which broke off after a couple months of use. I don’t mind that it’s missing and I can get I replaced easily as I’m close to a boutique. But I’m trying to decide if I should even keep the bag. It’s a good size for holding my things with kids but awkward sometimes to carry. I find myself missing the bandouliere strap. I do love that it’s vintage.

I would probably repair the tab before selling but I might ask fashionphile about it as well since they have a buy back program. Curious what other speedy owners think - keep the vintage or sell, and then repair or leave it be? Would a buyer rather there be no pull tab or a tab that is drastically different in color?

Replacing the zipper used to be free and it could be done in-store. If it's still free I'd definitely get it done. Most buyers will not want a bag with the zipper pull missing. I don't know that many buyers will be in the market for a 1989 speedy unless that year had sentimental reason or the bag was dirt cheap.

I think your best bet would be doing buy back with fashionphile. Now that I have a child I can't do top handles except to work. So I'd sell the vintage and get new in France with a strap.

Replacing the zipper used to be free and it could be done in-store. If it's still free I'd definitely get it done. Most buyers will not want a bag with the zipper pull missing. I don't know that many buyers will be in the market for a 1989 speedy unless that year had sentimental reason or the bag was dirt cheap.

I think your best bet would be doing buy back with fashionphile. Now that I have a child I can't do top handles except to work. So I'd sell the vintage and get new in France with a strap.

Thanks! Just to be clear, it’s the vachetta tab on the zipper pull. It has a zipper pull to open and close the bag. I didn’t think the vachetta piece would be that important and it would be brand new vachetta compared to the nice patina the rest of the bag has. That’s why I was wondering which would be “worse.”

At any rate I think I agree - I don’t love the look of the bandouliere when hand carried so I worry I would miss having that option. I also worry the 35 is too big for crossbody wear but I’ll just have to try it on!