The Speedy Gonzales Club!

I'm getting my speedy B 30 in monogram in 3 days.

I have a question, how can I prevent the handles from darkening? I don't like twillies or anything of that sort.

I read the thread about exposing it in the sun. However, I live in a condominium and I don't have access to direct sunlight in my unit.

Are there any products I can use to prevent darkening?

HELP PLS. TIA :smile:

I have a question, how can I prevent the handles from darkening? I don't like twillies or anything of that sort.

I read the thread about exposing it in the sun. However, I live in a condominium and I don't have access to direct sunlight in my unit.

I put mine in the sun on my car seat while I was driving around!

Reactions: Chiichan

You can't stop the vachetta from darkening over time, but there are some products you could use to get a beautiful, even patina. If you're near SM Aura in BGC you can check out LovinMyBags there, and buy their specialized care sets for LV vachetta.

Reactions: PinkInTheBlue
I don't have a car, I just walk mostly.
Will that be enough? Then I'll wipe it with a sock as mentioned in the thread?

That should be enough, just make sure to rotate it so both sides get he same amount of sun.

I think when you wipe it down with water, it’s to prevent water marks and stains. I do this with all my vachetta and so far so good! I’ve brought my mono bags in the rain, wiped them down with a damp towel and it’s even the next day.

I don’t think you can stop the handles from darkening to that honey color, but you can keep them from turning black by wiping your handles down every month or so. Black is just dirt and oils from you hands sticking onto the vachetta.

Reactions: Aliluvlv
How much do those cost? And which products should I get?

You can get their Vachetta collection. Price listed at around $79.95 dollars on their international main website. Best option would be to message their Lovin My Bags Philippines facebook page first and inquire for the peso rate. Their SM Aura branch's contact number is 556-6746.

You can get their Vachetta collection. Price listed at around $79.95 dollars on their international main website. Best option would be to message their Lovin My Bags Philippines facebook page first and inquire for the peso rate. Their SM Aura branch's contact number is 556-6746.
Are you pertaining to the handles only collection? How about the miracle shield?

Sunning the vachetta will make it darken over time. Why do you think you need to do that to prevent darkening? Makes no sense to me. The patina champ method is about making an even, clean patina, not preventing patina. The only thing that might work other than not using your bag at all would be a UV water repellant spray for leather. Collonil makes one.

Happy Friday!! I am wondering if there any Speedy B owners that use the Keepall strap as opposed to the one that comes with? If yes, is this something I can purchase separate at an LV store? TIA

Happy Friday!! I am wondering if there any Speedy B owners that use the Keepall strap as opposed to the one that comes with? If yes, is this something I can purchase separate at an LV store? TIA

I am not comfortable with the speedy strap as well so the sales girl brought out another vachetta strap but its not the keep all strap.

It's more comfortable as my bag do get heavy. I plan to use it for travel and the original strap as a daily

IMG_20180804_193129_HHT.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20180804_193029_HHT.jpg
    IMG_20180804_193029_HHT.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 854
Reactions: Cfriend76