The Speedy Gonzales Club!

Hi, just curious about Speedy B 25 storage. When I got mine a few months ago it came folded flat in a small LV dust bag. I’d prefer however to store it upright, stuffed with paper and it won’t fit in the small dust bag that way. I went to the store and the SA said they don’t have extra bags and that it is intended to be stored flat??

Anyone have any idea where I can get a larger LV bag? I can’t imagine they really want me to flatten it out between uses...

Thanks

You could buy a high quality dust bag from fashionphile. They have great drawstring dust bags.

Does anyone of you have experience with baby wipes? Do they also clean rain drops on vachetta? I got caught in the rain with my speedy b25 and she got badly stained..I immediatley blow dried it with my hairdryer but it didn't helped at all .. I dried a white eraser but it didn't work or just a little bit...then I thought let's try damp toilett paper because anyway it can't get any worse than that haha and I wanted to even out the colour..Everytimer after I cleaned one vachetta part I blow dried it and when I was finished I was really impressed. The stains disappeared!!!!! ALL of them .. now I'm curious if baby wiped have the same effect? I wouldn't do that again unless I'm caught in the rain again but I never knew that there is something which can help cleaning the rain drops..here are some photos (I had 10smaller raindrops on the side where I didn't took a photo of it but as you can see there is nothing!!) 20180610_140413.jpg20180610_140408.jpg20180610_140423.jpg20180610_233321.jpg20180610_233329.jpg20180610_233335.jpg

View attachment 4103970
My imperfect but yet perfect vintage speedy 35. This was my mother’s diaper bag for me and now I’m using it for my little ones. It’s 45 years old!
One day I’ll add another speedy that I can hand down to my daughters too.

Wow! What a bag!!
If the canvas is still in good shape maybe you could replace the vachetta and hand it down again to your daughter.
That’s a special piece[emoji846].

Wow! What a bag!!
If the canvas is still in good shape maybe you could replace the vachetta and hand it down again to your daughter.
That’s a special piece[emoji846].

Thanks so much!!

I actually took it in to my local LV and they quoted me too much so instead I have my eye on a bandoliere speedy next so I’ll save the funds for that instead. Plus I love the color of the vachetta how it is. :smile: it’s in rough shape but an original all the way from Paris all those years ago.

Thanks so much!!

I actually took it in to my local LV and they quoted me too much so instead I have my eye on a bandoliere speedy next so I’ll save the funds for that instead. Plus I love the color of the vachetta how it is. :smile: it’s in rough shape but an original all the way from Paris all those years ago.

How much did they quote you? I'm thinking of replacing my vachetta but won't be near a store for a few months.
BTW your bag and story are amazing [emoji173]️

I found in the repair list section someone saying it was ~$500

Last edited: