Books & Music The Sookie Stackhouse Novels *spoilers***

Just finished Deadlocked and well ... that was disappointing.
All that buildup to just resolve a major plot element in 10 pages?!

It's like ok ... dump Eric - check
force Sookie and Sam together - check
use the cluviel dor - check.

And here I was starting to think the book was a turn around from the sloppy mess the previous few books were.

^ my thoughts exactly , the end was just to rushed and her using the cluviel dor on Sam just pissed me off

I didn't mind her using it to help Sam. What else could she have done?

If Sookie and Eric's relationship is so fragile that it needs a magical device to save it then it is probably not worth saving. But then I was disappointed in Eric's behavior throughout Deadlocked.

^No, Charlaine Harris has confirmed in interviews that Sookie won't end up alone. This book has convinced me even more that it will be Sam she chooses. Look at how freaked out she got when she thought Sam might marry Jannalynn. I guess she has been in some deep denial. Sookie and Sam have similar beliefs and values and, let's face it, Eric has been kind of a jerk for the last couple books.

I don't like her and Sam..there I said it!
I see where the plot of this book has created a partnership with them beyond friendship and I understand why her choosing to save him over keeping Eric shows deep feelings, but I still don't fancy them together.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if she ended up with Sam either...someone she can actually have a real life with. I like that idea much more than her ended up with Eric or Bill. I liked Quinn, but I think he is completely out of the picture.

I think in this last book when he called her on his birthday to give her his news, it opened a space for him.
I need to go back and read the books with him and see what happened with them.

This book reminded me so much of LKH's Micah, it should have been paper back! It's a filler book, closes up loose ends and makes the next one easier to follow.

I think what bothers me so much about these books is that they feel more like "Monster of the Week" episodes.

What I always loved about pre-True Blood Charlaine Harris novels is that the characters were allowed to develop and grow. In the Aurora Teagarden books - there was time between books - sometimes years. It felt like I was checking in with an old school friend, who had some stories to tell.

I was reading another book series and thought "This would make a great Showtime/HBO TV series" - and then I realized that this new trend towards depressing shows would destroy all the positive elements in the story (the level of camp, and solid relationships between disparate characters) and overemphasize the "time to start the killin'."

I have the newest Sookie on my Kindle and I have no desire to read it at all.

WELL that was the WORSE OF all the books .. 200 plus pages of a dead stripper and Sookie use the cluviel dor on sam and him sleeping over its OVER .. WHAT IS THAT ??????????????

Just finished Deadlocked and well ... that was disappointing.
All that buildup to just resolve a major plot element in 10 pages?!

It's like ok ... dump Eric - check
force Sookie and Sam together - check
use the cluviel dor - check.

And here I was starting to think the book was a turn around from the sloppy mess the previous few books were.

Agreed! I mean what else could she do but use the cluviel dor on Sam but it felt like the author was rushing to tie up all the ends and point things in the direction she wants for Sookie's HEA in the next and last book. It all seemed very abrupt and a little contrived. I also don't think Eric is necessarily behaving true to character, it feels like he's done an about face with the author's intention to have a reason to break them up.

That said, as sad as I am the series is ending I don't think the author's heart has been in the past few so I guess it's a good time to let it go.

Linda

Agreed! I mean what else could she do but use the cluviel dor on Sam but it felt like the author was rushing to tie up all the ends and point things in the direction she wants for Sookie's HEA in the next and last book. It all seemed very abrupt and a little contrived. I also don't think Eric is necessarily behaving true to character, it feels like he's done an about face with the author's intention to have a reason to break them up.

That said, as sad as I am the series is ending I don't think the author's heart has been in the past few so I guess it's a good time to let it go.

Linda

i agree but if that's the case just give us what we want and end it ..i

I don't know...maybe I am wrong, but I feel like Eric is in a really tough spot. He's kind of screwed no matter what he does and I was more sympathetic to him in this book. He loves Sookie and wants to be with her, but his dealings in the vampire world are forcing him to do things he doesn't want to.

The Sookie books have been on a steady decline from 8 on. It's like it lost its magic or something. If Charlaine puts Sam and Sookie together that would be such a cop out and I would not be pleased.

I don't know...maybe I am wrong, but I feel like Eric is in a really tough spot. He's kind of screwed no matter what he does and I was more sympathetic to him in this book. He loves Sookie and wants to be with her, but his dealings in the vampire world are forcing him to do things he doesn't want to.

The Sookie books have been on a steady decline from 8 on. It's like it lost its magic or something. If Charlaine puts Sam and Sookie together that would be such a cop out and I would not be pleased.

Which i feel she has ..i read somewhere that she won't turn Sookie ..So,now all we have left for partner is Boring ...and Dull Sam :sleepy::sleepy:

Which i feel she has ..i read somewhere that she won't turn Sookie ..So,now all we have left for partner is Boring ...and Dull Sam :sleepy::sleepy:

Well Harris did bring back Quinn for a hot second in Deadlocked .... you know just to mention that Quinn's weretiger friend ran off with his kid and he's available. So
maybe Sookie will end up with him.