The Reputable jade Sellers list

Want to give a shout out to seller only-jade on ebay. I have purchased two large bangles (63 and 64mm). The first was grade B jadeite and the second is "untreated" nephrite. The seller is very friendly and honest, describing flaws and answering questions clearly and (in my experience) honestly. Both bangles came as described and passed the density test. The nephrite bangle is lovely, his pictures didn't do it justice. Couldn't be happier! Am going to continue watching his auctions and have asked him to keep an eye out for more large bangles.

Thank you! That is someone I have not yet bought from.

Reactions: IWHLVR
WATERLILY PRODUCTS ETSY UPDATE!!!!

The 2 bangles which I received a day and a half ago turned out to be essentially moonstone feldspar. I determined this through a specific gravity test. When I told the seller about this, she told me that her supplier from Burma from whom she buys all of her jadeite told her that they are jadeite. Her story could be true since Albite-feldspar, Moonstone is found right around the jade mines in Burma. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt...and this could have been a silly mistake, but this experience should be noted in dealing with this seller, and perhaps makes her at this point less than 100% trustworthy.

There is a refund policy, and an offer to pay extra for certification. Anyone who wants to check to see if it's really jadeite or nephrite jade without paying the extra $100 can do a simple, specific gravity test to check. Then either keep or return.

Finally, the bangles that I bought were the only ones which looked very unusual for jadeite, and so I do believe that the other bangles, (except the ones listed under the jadeite category which clearly state Chalcedony and Dioptase) are jadeite and nephrite.

I was hoping I couldl get some info about SG test that would help me detemine if my bangle is A like the certificate says or B treated? I was told the differecne in SG would be so small that it would not be a good test as I imagine my method would not be that accurate anyway & the margin for error would be too big to see any differece???

I have a mettler balance scale that will weigh to .001

Great thread...Will have to check out some...

Saw this definte treated bangle with a A certificate for so cheap it must cost $7 plus $10 shipping from China...

Look at this listing...How the hay could that be A grade with that deep color & for $17 with free shipping from China???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302621529129

Anyone know this lab??? I bought a bangle with a certif from this lab & now I am concerned...''

http://www.zzzbzj.com/

Did not do a SG test but looked under the microscope & it has some black fleck inclusions & its not glowing with UVlight.. Sad it might be a acid bath baby,,...

jade bangle P1170668 red.jpg

I was hoping I couldl get some info about SG test that would help me detemine if my bangle is A like the certificate says or B treated? I was told the differecne in SG would be so small that it would not be a good test as I imagine my method would not be that accurate anyway & the margin for error would be too big to see any differece???

I have a mettler balance scale that will weigh to .001

Hi and welcome! This thead is to discuss purchases and experiences from sellers you've done business with and we try to keep it on track, if you repost this question on the main jade thread, the ladies there will be happy to discuss treatments and checks.

Great thread...Will have to check out some...

Saw this definte treated bangle with a A certificate for so cheap it must cost $7 plus $10 shipping from China...

Look at this listing...How the hay could that be A grade with that deep color & for $17 with free shipping from China???

https://www.ebay.com/itm/302621529129

Anyone know this lab??? I bought a bangle with a certif from this lab & now I am concerned...''

http://www.zzzbzj.com/

Did not do a SG test but looked under the microscope & it has some black fleck inclusions & its not glowing with UVlight.. Sad it might be a acid bath baby,,...

I'm not familiar with either the seller or the testing company, but with the item you linked... there is pretty much no way something of that lavender color/translucency would sell at that price if it were really grade A. Also, in that listing, the certificate title is misspelled.... which could just be a translation error, but could also be indicative of larger problems.

Want to give a shout out to seller only-jade on ebay. I have purchased two large bangles (63 and 64mm). The first was grade B jadeite and the second is "untreated" nephrite. The seller is very friendly and honest, describing flaws and answering questions clearly and (in my experience) honestly. Both bangles came as described and passed the density test. The nephrite bangle is lovely, his pictures didn't do it justice. Couldn't be happier! Am going to continue watching his auctions and have asked him to keep an eye out for more large bangles.
Was checking out some of their bangles. Quite a few pale lavendars that look like mine in the $2000 to $4000 range ///that is they look acid treated...well to me from what I have been told about mine...the jello look. Anyway out of my price range & seems they have sold treated but thankfully stood behind their bangles not like some sellers.

Too late to get an oversea bangle as I need it delivered in under 2 weeks...

Hi, ladies-has anyone bough from Yokdee Jadeite? https://www.yokdeejadeite.com/collections/bangle
@dingobeast
I HAVE!!!!! I have bought 2 beaded bracelets and 1 bangle from them.
He is way nice and I have been super happy with my purchases. All of my purchases were grade A. and right now he has some yummy lavender bangles!!! but they are in the small sizes: 50mm-54mm.... I need a 59mm at least!!!
I was way happy with what I got. .my first purchasewas a beaded bracelet.... it was super small but I got it for less than $20 use
I wish he had bracelets for bigger wrists and listed the size how UJ lists her beaded bracelets!!!!
all in all-- I believe yokdee jadeite to be reputable so far... that's been my experience

@dingobeast
I HAVE!!!!! I have bought 2 beaded bracelets and 1 bangle from them.
He is way nice and I have been super happy with my purchases. All of my purchases were grade A. and right now he has some yummy lavender bangles!!! but they are in the small sizes: 50mm-54mm.... I need a 59mm at least!!!
I was way happy with what I got. .my first purchasewas a beaded bracelet.... it was super small but I got it for less than $20 use
I wish he had bracelets for bigger wrists and listed the size how UJ lists her beaded bracelets!!!!
all in all-- I believe yokdee jadeite to be reputable so far... that's been my experience

Thank you, Lokablue!

Hi there,
Thank you for that thread, that is so useful to newbies like me !
Sorry Suchi, I do not know that shop :sad:
I have been spying on that Etsy shop : wandajewelry2013
Has anyone bought anything from them ?
Thanks and have a happy day all !

Hi there,
Thank you for that thread, that is so useful to newbies like me !
Sorry Suchi, I do not know that shop :sad:
I have been spying on that Etsy shop : wandajewelry2013
Has anyone bought anything from them ?
Thanks and have a happy day all !
In wandajewelry some of the items are described as natural untreated I think those are grade A. Other ones that she describes as natural I think are grade B or BnC.
I have purchased from Ultimate Jadeite in Etsy and it's a lovely shop.

Thank you Suchi for your answer. I am quite tempted by wandajewelry’s jadeite bangles. However, I am not sure about the reliability of PNJ’s certifications.
Hence my initial question.