The (Pochette) Metis Club

Hi, I have been looking to buy a PM in mono for a while in Australia now. My local store doesn’t have a wait list and I’ve been checking the website a couple of times a day. We are looking at booking a holiday to Asia, and was wondering how I would go about checking if any of the Asian stores have any stock. If anyone has any advice, that would be great

Reactions: missheryl
I was able to purchase one online a couple of weeks ago. The date code was for September 2017. I ended up returning her because it made me worry it was a return or something and all the glazing issues were haunting me, but I can't get her off my mind! The strap had 5 holes instead of 7 if that helps.
1. Was that probably a returned bag?
2. If I'm able to purchase a new one, are the glazing issues fixed???

Hi, I have been looking to buy a PM in mono for a while in Australia now. My local store doesn’t have a wait list and I’ve been checking the website a couple of times a day. We are looking at booking a holiday to Asia, and was wondering how I would go about checking if any of the Asian stores have any stock. If anyone has any advice, that would be great

I live in Jakarta. The monogram is already on waitlist 4-5 months. The empriente also waitlist, depending on the color, 3-4 weeks.

In the Philippines, the mono PM do come more often than I expected it to be but you might need to come at the right time as they get sold once they arrive. :0

Reactions: missheryl
I was able to purchase one online a couple of weeks ago. The date code was for September 2017. I ended up returning her because it made me worry it was a return or something and all the glazing issues were haunting me, but I can't get her off my mind! The strap had 5 holes instead of 7 if that helps.

I got mine last month from the website and the date code was Jan 2018. I also only have 5 holes on the strap. From what I’ve read, the canvas is “smooshier” so that the glazing is not as big of an issue.

Reactions: Talinder
I got mine last month from the website and the date code was Jan 2018. I also only have 5 holes on the strap. From what I’ve read, the canvas is “smooshier” so that the glazing is not as big of an issue.

Hmmmm....I wonder if I was reaching the date code incorrectly then. I didn't write it down but I researched it and I'm pretty sure mine was made in the US, which was like DC or something, then 0917 or something like that. Can't recall how smooshy it was, I was just so worried it might be a return.

It's not necessarily a return, a couple I have bought in Australia were made a few months prior to purchasing too. I bought my mono one in August and the date code indicates that it was made in last week of April. Still had the plastic film on the lock and the canvas is softer.
I don't use everyday but it's still perfect. Softer than an older one I had from 2016 and sold it, had a tiny crack where you open and close the flap which is bound to happen as it's stretched, and pulled. I only sold it as I wanted something else at the time but then bought again. Mine has 5 holes in the strap, I don't think 7 holes is really needed.
Yes the glazing has improved but due to the design of the bag it does have that flaw just not as bad. If you wear crossbody often, it rubs quite hard against the flap edge so can loosen from the canvas over time, I saw a friends that the rubbing had pushed some of the glue out from underneath so the glazing lifted a little on the edge but did not crack.

Reactions: baer77

Which part of Australia you from? I've checked all stores in Sydney and they don't accept waitlist for this bag too [emoji17]