The PEARL Lovers Thread!

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Love the luster! I think we need mod shots! I'm trying to see how the pendant hangs and would love to see the earrings dangling down :biggrin:

TXLVlove and cdtracing like this.
  2. Hello, Gorgeous!! So unique!!

3. Another gorgeous piece! Keep ‘em coming!

cdtracing likes this.
  4. Hi, all,
    I've recently become obsessed with Tahitian pearls and I'm enjoying learning, though I probably never will be able to afford a strand (or at least the strand I want, probably about 20", peacock color, and round, at least 9-10 mm, not baroque or circle). I have little ability to judge quality, especially not through online research---I need to get to a jewelry store and see in person. But I've been wondering about the quality of the pearls offered by a YouTuber I used to follow, Elle Florence. She has a business sourcing and selling pearls direct from a French Polynesian farm, and her prices start in the $700s. Does anyone know about these? The business is called Nouvelle Pearls, and they look great to me, but as I say, I don't have an expert eye.

5. Hot & humid today so I just wore these Tahitian Shoulder dusters to dinner tonight.
    Tahitian shoulder dusters.jpg

6. #4011 Aug 24, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
    144702C8-E8AB-4CF6-87D8-876FEED115A6.jpeg I went a little crazy this week and bought 2 pairs of akoya studs(from ebay and pearl paradise), 3 pairs of ssp earrings (from indonesia) and 2 strands of necklace (one is akoya another one the seller not sure but it does looks like akoya but we’ll see (both from ebay). LOL.

Anyway so far I have received these two akoyas studs in the mail. Left is vintage from ebay 9mm and right is from pearl paradise 6.5-7mm because I did not know what size i like. I found that 9mm is kinda big but i like it.

7. Sounds like you have caught the pearl bug! Can't wait to see all your treasures. We love to enable pearlies on this thread!

cdtracing and Cool Breeze like this.
  8. pearlies=pearl lovers

9. I got this bracelet and earrings from Sakura. I like them both but unfortunately the earrings are not going to work for me. I wore them once and they really irritated my ears. 20190826_101915.jpg

Attached Files:

SmokieDragon and cdtracing like this.
  10. I was eyeing that bracelet too but since I'm into jadeite bangles now, I decided to give it a miss. Wonder if there is any way you can change the earring hooks...?

11. That's a good idea. Maybe I can find some solid gold hooks rather than gold filled.

SmokieDragon and cdtracing like this.
  12. Those are beautiful. It's a shame about the earrings. I would change out the ear wires to see if that helps.

piosavsfan likes this.
  13. Thanks! Yes, I am thinking along those lines :biggrin:

piosavsfan likes this.
  14. Thank you!!! Sakura said that if I get some, she can replace them for me.

TXLVlove, SmokieDragon and cdtracing like this.