The PEARL Lovers Thread!

Hi, all,
I've recently become obsessed with Tahitian pearls and I'm enjoying learning, though I probably never will be able to afford a strand (or at least the strand I want, probably about 20", peacock color, and round, at least 9-10 mm, not baroque or circle). I have little ability to judge quality, especially not through online research---I need to get to a jewelry store and see in person. But I've been wondering about the quality of the pearls offered by a YouTuber I used to follow, Elle Florence. She has a business sourcing and selling pearls direct from a French Polynesian farm, and her prices start in the $700s. Does anyone know about these? The business is called Nouvelle Pearls, and they look great to me, but as I say, I don't have an expert eye.

144702C8-E8AB-4CF6-87D8-876FEED115A6.jpeg I went a little crazy this week and bought 2 pairs of akoya studs(from ebay and pearl paradise), 3 pairs of ssp earrings (from indonesia) and 2 strands of necklace (one is akoya another one the seller not sure but it does looks like akoya but we’ll see (both from ebay). LOL.

Anyway so far I have received these two akoyas studs in the mail. Left is vintage from ebay 9mm and right is from pearl paradise 6.5-7mm because I did not know what size i like. I found that 9mm is kinda big but i like it.

Last edited:
View attachment 4524031 I went a little crazy this week and bought 2 pairs of akoya studs(from ebay and pearl paradise), 3 pairs of ssp earrings (from indonesia) and 2 strands of necklace (one is akoya another one the seller not sure but it does looks like akoya but we’ll see (both from ebay). LOL.

Anyway so far I have received these two akoyas studs in the mail. Left is vintage from ebay 9mm and right is from pearl paradise 6.5-7mm because I did not know what size i like. I found that 9mm is kinda big but i like it.
Sounds like you have caught the pearl bug! Can't wait to see all your treasures. We love to enable pearlies on this thread!