The One(ish) A Month Club

I just can't imagine buying one thing a month. I think I buy so many tops I would be nowhere near one a month. On the other hand, they are usually not expensive, well under 50 dollars range and allow me to have quite a variety in my wardrobe...
I so much want to participate in this thread, just making excuses what not to count as one :biggrin:

Thank you! The APC sweatshirt was a total impulse buy but it is very pretty and unique. I was soooo tempted to buy the perfect Jimmy Choo nude pump that matched my skin tone perfectly (pasty right now I'm afraid) but they are not terribly practical for my lifestyle.

Oh the Bal sounds lovely! If it doesn't *count* do you still have a purchase to make for this month? Your poor foot, I would be craving different and new footwear too!

Jellybebe,
I bought an Opening Ceremony jacket posted above for Feb. Should be very practical for me - I am always cold. So I should be done.
Not sure which JC nude pumps you're eyeing, but I have the cosmics in nude and their nudes are heavenly! I like the tone so much better than comparable designers. It's very creamy & warm - not too rosey. Not trying to enable - just saying.

I just can't imagine buying one thing a month.
I so much want to participate in this thread, just making excuses what not to count as one :biggrin:

:roflmfao: you are not the only one suffering here.
I almost used up all my limit (bought 4 things already) and I have one more (ok, maybe two more) shots until July. But there is an ocean of things I like to get right now :graucho:

:roflmfao: you are not the only one suffering here.
I almost used up all my limit (bought 4 things already) and I have one more (ok, maybe two more) shots until July. But there is an ocean of things I like to get right now :graucho:

I'm struggling too!
But it's fun to try...and coming clean online sort of makes me consider purchases a bit more. ( I am still dedicated to trying to eliminate something in my closet for every new purchase, and that's been another challenge.)

At this point, one thing a month is about what I buy - I am running out of closet/dresser space and must get rid of to buy more! Even with one a month, buying say, a jacket puts a dent in my limited closet space.

Of course, I also have an active sewing/knitting/upcycling life, so some of the closet space is for that, but as I often make clothing, that also counts.

I've been very bad this month but I am on holiday and more or less completed my SS13 wish list, other than a cashmere Chinti & Parker sweater. I got: Equipment stars blouse, Isabel Marant etoile Sumac jacket in red, white with black captoe Chanel espadrilles (in leather - so exciting!), Siwy Hannah jeans (50% off) and an APC gold tweed sweatshirt. Must be good now!
Nice choices!
I just have a question - where do you buy Isabel Marant? I saw your location is in Canada. But in US is it just Barneys? Thank you!

Ocean of things, I like that quote! :biggrin:
lol that is the honest truth though. I have a wish list in everyone of my favorite online clothing stores and check them out daily, but I've decided to stick to my strategy and it seems to be working. This endless consumerism, like every other addition, has its roots somewhere else that needs to be healed.

Jellybebe,
I bought an Opening Ceremony jacket posted above for Feb. Should be very practical for me - I am always cold. So I should be done.
Not sure which JC nude pumps you're eyeing, but I have the cosmics in nude and their nudes are heavenly! I like the tone so much better than comparable designers. It's very creamy & warm - not too rosey. Not trying to enable - just saying.

I agree, most nudes are too pink on me but this one was just right! I also managed to pick them up for $100. :biggrin:

At this point, one thing a month is about what I buy - I am running out of closet/dresser space and must get rid of to buy more! Even with one a month, buying say, a jacket puts a dent in my limited closet space.

Of course, I also have an active sewing/knitting/upcycling life, so some of the closet space is for that, but as I often make clothing, that also counts.
I do this too. In the last couple months I managed to damage couple of my designer pieces. I had washed my merino wool jacket and later a dress in the washing machine after my son's swimming attire and I got it discolored and when it happened again!
And I do blame it on chlorine, but it seems to me may be something else was going on. I end up cutting the sleeves and decorating the jacket. And with a dress, I was able to went to original store and they changed the hem on the bottom of the dress. No more washing in the washing machine!

I was bad this month. I just bought an IM Etoile jacket, a pair of Givenchy sandals and a pair of YSL tributes in my size for 50% off...I just can't do this one per month thing! I am hopeless...

Nice choices!
I just have a question - where do you buy Isabel Marant? I saw your location is in Canada. But in US is it just Barneys? Thank you!

No you can buy IM at a few different places in the US. I bought this jacket at the IM boutique in LA, but you can also buy at Satine Boutique in LA, select Nordstroms and US Net a Porter. A number of independent boutiques also stock IM depending on where you are located.

Jellybebe,

Oh geez... I want the Agnes.

are these comfy for long walks?

Just an update: Took the nike wedge sneakers put for a mall walk today. I was on my feet for about 3 hours. They were easy to walk in. Mine are a little loose in the toe bed (I sized up), so my foot rubbed a little bit but not too bad. The heels and arches were fine. The balls of my feet were not as comfortable as a regular sneaker which is to be expected for a wedge.

The true test is when I got home and took them off. The bones in my feet were happy. My lower back and knees were happy. With other shoes like my boots, my feet have to re-adjust to being barefoot. So it seems that the nikes offered the proper support for my feet, because they didn't have to re-adjust.

HTH!