The One(ish) A Month Club

Lol'd at this! Completely understand. Just went to nordstrom's anniversary sale today. Was NOT successful at 1(ish) this month :smile:.

I'm in the same boat - I knew July would be bad for me because of this sale...and since it lasts until August 5th it's probably going to get worse lol. But being in this club has helped me resist some temptation, so I'm trying to stay strong!

Oh good, I was just coming here to confess! :shame: I had already purchased one thing this month and then Nordstrom blew me out of the water today. The good news is that most of these item's were on my wardrobe planning list!

I'm going to attempt to ban myself from shopping from now until the holidays and just live vicariously through everybody else's purchases. Here's what I got:
Allsaints suede booties (not here yet)
Joie mixed floral print dress
LK Bennett booties
Basic black silk t-shirt
Truth & Pride tweed/leather trim vest <-- not sure if I should keep this one because it was a splurge for a non practical item, thoughts ladies? I've never owned a vest before!

Attachments

• hessian.jpg
    hessian.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 475
  • shallcross.jpg
    shallcross.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 467
  • lkbennettbootie.png
    lkbennettbootie.png
    179.8 KB · Views: 477
  • 2013-07-10 15.08.04.jpg
    2013-07-10 15.08.04.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 469
Oh good, I was just coming here to confess! :shame: I had already purchased one thing this month and then Nordstrom blew me out of the water today. The good news is that most of these item's were on my wardrobe planning list!

I'm going to attempt to ban myself from shopping from now until the holidays and just live vicariously through everybody else's purchases. Here's what I got:
LK Bennett booties
Basic black silk t-shirt
Truth & Pride tweed/leather trim vest <-- not sure if I should keep this one because it was a splurge for a non practical item, thoughts ladies? I've never owned a vest before!

Love the boots!

I received a pair of leather trackpants today and I thought I would love them but they looked ridiculous on me, plus they were way too big. Will likely return them and give up on loose leather pants, perhaps they are not meant for me. This is the pic that totally made me want them, but they don't fit me like that. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1373512295.453093.jpg

LK Bennett booties
Basic black silk t-shirt

love all the boots. I also think the vest is great...if it pairs with a lot in your closet I say keep it. looks wonderful on you.

LK Bennett booties
Basic black silk t-shirt

Really like the boots! So cute!

LK Bennett booties
Basic black silk t-shirt
Love the booties and the vest. You have to have ideas about styling your vest with your wardrobe and if it's too difficult, let it go. I have a few items I thought would be fun to own and I hardly ever wore them...

Just joined this club! Here is my one July purchase :smile: on sale for $1733.40 at NM - Chanel blue tweed 226 reissue
Incredible price...I have to do some research about the Chanel sales next year;)...I don't know if in Europe it can be that good?

welcome to the club, you'll quickly find out that we are all trying the one ish a month and hardly any of us is actually sticking to it, esp during the sales...But we have tpf to free our conscience...:P
I think we'll have to add: NOT During the SALES:biggrin:

Incredible price...I have to do some research about the Chanel sales next year;)...I don't know if in Europe it can be that good?

welcome to the club, you'll quickly find out that we are all trying the one ish a month and hardly any of us is actually sticking to it, esp during the sales...But we have tpf to free our conscience...:P
I think we'll have to add: NOT During the SALES:biggrin:

Thank you! I got very lucky because I contacted a tpfer returning it and was originally gonna pay 2500+ tax and by the time it was returned it was on second mark down for 1733.40 including tax so I swooped it up haha! I was far too overwhelmed by the chanel sales otherwise and doubt I'll ever go to a store to look.. Too much demand for too little items so I rather be lazy and just stumble upon items like this year

I have in my head at most 15 items per year (excluding make up) and I'm really really going to try to stick to it. Like you said sales are the hardest so idk if 3 extra items will actually work but its worth a shot. My mom keeps saying and intervention hahaha so this was my 12 step (month) program :P

great purchases, great haul!

I amjealous!! I love those Celine sooooo much, I am eyeing the slip ons for fall! on my list

me too:cool:...what have you been up to lately;)?

Have been away lately hmm .. I bought 3 pairs of louboutins, oops. But I am returning two off them, because I just can not walk in one of them, how amazing and gorgeous and beautiful they are, it is just a waste of money to not wear them. The other pair was through eBay, she said they were in brand new state, but they have been worn over a hundred times by the way they look.. so, that just makes 1 this month!

Some other things, I decided to go to yoga lessons every week, starting next week I think.. I just need to do something besides work and get my mind of designer stuff. It's like since my dad past away last year, I went completely crazy and keep buying stuff to make myself feel better, but I am not feeling any better, I feel like crap and I sit at home with expensive things I get bored of after a while anyway, so eventually I sell it again. I need to make lists and be more structured and be able to plan my day better.

Wow! Since shoes don't really count, you are good :graucho:

I'm done for July already, I bought a really nice Belstaff white wool sweater I know I will wear for ages. It is very simple, great quality, I'm happy. Usually, if I have even a hint of a thought of returning something, I know I shouldn't buy it. Not this time :biggrin:
In June I've got a couple of Nina Ricci silk tops on sale and nothing else.

Pics please! Your purchases seem awesome! love Nina Ricci though a bit too feminine-lady like for my real life ...as ladysarah put it...my imaginary life would be full of gorgeous dresses/tops in silk.
I got these shoes lately during the sales (Chloe scalloped flats in nude pink, givenchy slip ons) and my first purchase for next season, a pair of Isabel marant booties in bronze. I know, I haven't been good lately but I trying:smile:ImageUploadedByPurseForum1373799726.203369.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1373799743.231529.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1373799758.412834.jpg

Last edited:
Have been away lately hmm .. I bought 3 pairs of louboutins, oops. But I am returning two off them, because I just can not walk in one of them, how amazing and gorgeous and beautiful they are, it is just a waste of money to not wear them. The other pair was through eBay, she said they were in brand new state, but they have been worn over a hundred times by the way they look.. so, that just makes 1 this month!

Some other things, I decided to go to yoga lessons every week, starting next week I think.. I just need to do something besides work and get my mind of designer stuff. It's like since my dad past away last year, I went completely crazy and keep buying stuff to make myself feel better, but I am not feeling any better, I feel like crap and I sit at home with expensive things I get bored of after a while anyway, so eventually I sell it again. I need to make lists and be more structured and be able to plan my day better.
Oh dear, I have been through that phase after my mother had a very bad car accident and passed away after a few years of agony...I am sorry and I know that our addiction is like any other addiction, to fill up that void left after losing a loved one or any other event in our lives. A few years later, the pain does wear off and hopefully we do get our priorities right...I have decided to stay away from certain threads that make my head spin and don't do the best for me financially nor emotionally (read " guilt and remorse "for thinking I can live like a millionaire whereas I am just a working mom of 2, living my middle class life in a quiet environment, very far from resorts and palaces...and very content and grateful for all I have).
OK back to topic, sorry your Loubs didn't all work for you. I know ladysarah will be happy to count you as a yoga follower too:smile:

Pics please! Your purchases seem awesome! love Nina Ricci though a bit too feminine-lady like for my real life ...as ladysarah put it...my imaginary life would be full of gorgeous dresses/tops in silk.
I got these shoes lately during the sales (Chloe scalloped flats in nude pink, givenchy slip ons) and my first purchase for next season, a pair of Isabel marant booties in bronze. I know, I haven't been good lately but I trying:smile:View attachment 2256476View attachment 2256477
View attachment 2256478

Cute shoes Flower! I just bought the nude Chloe flats too and think they are awesome! Great color and the leather is so soft! I'm jealous though because I didn't get mine on sale...