Workplace The office refrigerator...

Our office fridges are so nasty I never put anything in there. This reminds me of a story - one of our staff liked those big DQ blizzards (soft ice cream with candy mixed in) and left half of one in the freezer. When she went back to get the rest of it, it had frozen hard like normal ice cream and was showing numerous spoon marks where one or more people had taken a taste! She told everyone in the department that she had spit in it before freezing it (I don' t think she would really do that) and no one ever touched her foods again.

*Opens fridge sees Blizzard* hummm let me take a spoon and try it out!

WHAT normal person does this! seriously YOU ARE NOT AT HOME :roflmfao:

Someone is forever stealing lunches at work -- to include the whole lunchbag.

Well...wouldn't someone be surprised one day to get a $hit sandwich :lol:

We have a fairly small office of only 20 people, but there are still problems! I actually got so grossed-out by the old food people left in the fridge (some stuff was over 1 year old, some pizza had mold on it, etc), that I sent out an email to everyone letting them know that I was going to clean out the fridge on a Friday. I tossed stuff with reckless abandonment! It was awesome.

There are 2 people that bring in paper grocery bags fulled with stuff for their lunches. They keep it there ALL the time. It takes up the bottom shelf of the fridge. It's so rude-- one of them also microwaves fish, broccoli, and Indian food (she is not Indian) nearly everyday. It's stinky and disgusting. I like her otherwise, but who the heck does that??

The manager here does this taking up almost all the space in the freezer, yet she buys lunch everyday...so inconsiderate.

I hope no one is offended by this. This note was on the work fridge this morning. I cracked up when I saw it. Not because they got their lunch stolen, but because their note took it over the acceptable pissed off line.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120612_145053.png
    ForumRunner_20120612_145053.png
    319.9 KB · Views: 700
I was expecting something way worse than a open can of soda. I don't really have any issue with that other than it could spill if someone goes to grab something and bumps it by mistake.

I work with over 200 employees. We have a huge community fridge and when I say huge I mean it. It's supposed to get cleaned once a week but it really happens more like once a month. When they do clean it they do a half *** job, like they'll toss all the lunches but not anything that's in a box(like if someone one brings a box of frozen food) or any of the condiments. Sometimes they will clear out the lunches but not clean up the bottom of the fridge which will be nasty from things that were spilled inside of it. We have some community condiments left over from when we have employee lunches. One girl was eating a lot of salads and was using a spray salad dressing that was one of the community items, someone commented on how they wouldn't use any of the condiments because they are so old. She never bothered to look at the expiration date it was 2 going on 3 years past the expiration date! Lunches regularly get stolen it's very annoying, we even asked management to put cameras in the break room so we can find out who's doing it but they wont. I used to have my lunch stolen about once a week. However now that I'm eating healthy my lunch is no longer stolen so it's a unexpected fringe benefit of eating right lol.

I'm worried about standing out too much if I start bringing a lunch box and just leave it at my desk.

I usually bring food, tea or a soda, a "dessert", and a snack. I pile these things neatly into a corner of the fridge and usually keep everything in a paper bag. More than once someone has taken either my soda, dessert, or snack! Would it be too obvious if I brought an insulated lunchbox and left it under my desk?

I'm betting whoever this lunch thief is is also the person who used up ALL the creamer I brought in within one week!

I'm worried about standing out too much if I start bringing a lunch box and just leave it at my desk.

I usually bring food, tea or a soda, a "dessert", and a snack. I pile these things neatly into a corner of the fridge and usually keep everything in a paper bag. More than once someone has taken either my soda, dessert, or snack! Would it be too obvious if I brought an insulated lunchbox and left it under my desk?

I'm betting whoever this lunch thief is is also the person who used up ALL the creamer I brought in within one week!

If someone kept stealing my things this is what I would do

Yup, tried it today. I'll need to get more of those icee packs because 1 doesn't keep lunch cold until noon!

Another suggestion I got was to use one of those cheapo cash boxes with a key, just take out the change tray. I feel that's overkill though :lol:

if people were stealing my food i wouldn't care how obvious I was with trying to keep my food safe. do what you gotta do!

there's only about 4-6 people in our office at a time. so thankfully we don't have a problem. but best believe if someone was stealing my food i WOULD find them :devil:

although i think a couple years ago i had some bags of cheesesticks in the fridge. i didn't particularly like them so i didn't notice they were dwindling until someone said "oh so and so is eating all your cheesesticks!" and i said i didn't care cause i did like them. then the person who told me left and i found out that more than likely it was HER that was eating them and just trying to get someone else in trouble.

I don't think it would be obvious/draw attention if you did that. Make sure you get a lunch bag size ice pack to help keep your food cold. For a while I'd kept my lunch in my locker and found out quickly that with out them my lunch was already warm/room temp by the time I got to eat it.