The New shopper bag?

So, got my shopper finally. And... I should have followed my first instinct because the M size is too big for me (I had only tried the XS, S and L in real life). It is not that it does not look good, the size, but I would not pull it off. So it is going back! (Will take some pics before I send it off).

Then also, it was my birthday and I got the XS size in pink as a present! (Someone knew I liked this bag :amuse:). I had actually tried this one in the store, but it is too small for what I wanted. Still debating whether to keep it. Funnily, I think I like the pink better than the Rive Gauche cw.

And now I have an S size AND a clutch combo from the new collection coming my way :-s. And still debating whether to wait for more Pre-Fall pieces to be available before making a final decision...

A true dilemma :biggrin:

How do you usually feel when buying a bag? Do you know right away if it's for you or does it grow on you gradually? I'm just thinking that if they don't spark that "yes!" feeling right away or at least in a very few days, maybe that will tell you how you really feel about them. Like how you wrote you felt about the M size. When the the S size and the clutch arrive, maybe they will make you more sure what you feel and which to choose or return. This looks (to me) not to be the easiest bag to carry so it should really make you feel wow, shouldn't it?

Looking forward to the pics!

Reactions: ksuromax
The thing is, I am now really digging Tracee Ross way with the plain color ones. Unlike me, she can rock the M size.

View attachment 3694161 View attachment 3694162 View attachment 3694163
Hi doni, I was wondering if you had received your XS yet. I greatly appreciate you posting these pics.

I have to say I still think these bags look best in the smaller sizes, like your pink one.

I'm not convinced by the pics of the ladies in the post above. I love Cognac coloured bags so that's appealing. But I'm just not feeling it with the larger sizes. I have to ask myself seriously, if I saw a medium or larger Bazar bag carried by someone "normal dressed" in a supermarket would I go "heeey, what is that bag" or would I not even notice it? Well, after all these TPF discussions I would notice it :yes: but generally, probably not. To me they are just giant market/bazar bags in really expensive fancy material. Will look great though on your baggage trolley if you are a celeb having your pic taken arriving at or leaving LAX or Heathrow or something.

I'm nobody to question Gvasalia's creativeness but I think it was a mistake to just copy these market bags straight off. There should have been some more tweaks made to them to make them more original to Bal and less IKEA/veggie market associated.

Hi doni, I was wondering if you had received your XS yet. I greatly appreciate you posting these pics.

I have to say I still think these bags look best in the smaller sizes, like your pink one.

I'm not convinced by the pics of the ladies in the post above. I love Cognac coloured bags so that's appealing. But I'm just not feeling it with the larger sizes. I have to ask myself seriously, if I saw a medium or larger Bazar bag carried by someone "normal dressed" in a supermarket would I go "heeey, what is that bag" or would I not even notice it? Well, after all these TPF discussions I would notice it :yes: but generally, probably not. To me they are just giant market/bazar bags in really expensive fancy material. Will look great though on your baggage trolley if you are a celeb having your pic taken arriving at or leaving LAX or Heathrow or something.

Sorry! the XS I actually picked at the store, but had not time to post the pics. It is actually quite cute.

I thought they look good in the bigger sizes, more like that is the intended look, particularly when carried on the shoulder... But I sure can't pull it off, I am petite (I have tried with the M size and when full it almost touches the floor :P) and I look like it is the bag carrying me... Plus I don't spend my days going to fashion shows and getting in and out of LAX. So I get what you are saying.

I kind of wish there was a size between S and M (like five sizes is not enough... :angel:). But latest development is, I got an S in a solid color. And I totally love it! Wore it yesterday and again today and it is a joy to carry. I will post comparison pics before I get rid of the other too.

Sorry! the XS I actually picked at the store, but had not time to post the pics. It is actually quite cute.

I thought they look good in the bigger sizes, more like that is the intended look, particularly when carried on the shoulder... But I sure can't pull it off, I am petite (I have tried with the M size and when full it almost touches the floor :P) and I look like it is the bag carrying me... Plus I don't spend my days going to fashion shows and getting in and out of LAX. So I get what you are saying.

I kind of wish there was a size between S and M (like five sizes is not enough... :angel:). But latest development is, I got an S in a solid color. And I totally love it! Wore it yesterday and again today and it is a joy to carry. I will post comparison pics before I get rid of the other too.
I'm glad you love the bag you bought, because that's all that matters. Very exciting to see pics of it later!

I feel I am alone in the world in my love of the Bazar bags :P but seriously, such a practical underrated bag that works irl. I have worn it two days and got so many compliments. And I also got this. Love the warm tones and it complements nicely my other clutch which is a colder palette.

View attachment 3695254 View attachment 3695255
Not alone. I've gone from laughing at them to admiring certain Bazar bags. It all has to do with size and colour for me. I think your grey is quite lovely. Not sure where I stand on the clutches, but I'm not generally a clutch person. But your warm tone one matches your bag beautifully.

I feel I am alone in the world in my love of the Bazar bags :P but seriously, such a practical underrated bag that works irl. I have worn it two days and got so many compliments. And I also got this. Love the warm tones and it complements nicely my other clutch which is a colder palette.

View attachment 3695254 View attachment 3695255

I absolutely adored this bag from the moment I laid eyes on the medium multicolored beauty in Barneys! And I have gotten into several heated discussions defending this bag against the majority of folks on purseblog

Reactions: doni and muchstuff
I rarely rock a knockoff (if ever ), and I know we shouldn't give space here to imitators, but since it's all for charity... LOOK at the gift bag that guests received at last week's Robin Hood Foundation Gala!!! Robin Hood is known for its cutting edge programs and is the gold standard for nonprofits, so I think it's a huge compliment to Balenciaga and confirms that this tote was one of the hottest handbags this year! (PLEASE ignore the dramatic pose... we were having a silly moment at the office )IMG_0405.jpg