The MOST amazing color in ostrich...!

Really? This is most interesting to me. It'd be great to see the two shades next to each other for comparison. I just saw a smaller accessory in Violine and it was very close to a lighter version of eggplant or light grape juice---absolutely lovely color.

I have a violine ostrich bearn wallet. I also saw one in raisin 2 months ago, so there are at least 2 shades of purple in ostrich.

^^^ me, too, orchids.......

Oh Roxane, could you post a pic of your violine ostrich bearn?? In sunlight and out of sunlight? I would be verrrry grateful... :smile:

eta: I just saw your post, Roxane, thanks...would love a pic if you get a chance.

^^^ Katel, I believe the box is in raisin, as is the Birkin. Your bolide looks much more like my violine ostrich, than the raisin ostrich I saw (I saw the tags on both, so the colours must be correct).

I am loving this thread, there is so much lovely purple! My fave Hermes color!!!! Raisin, violine (don't know where I got violette from, I'm a nutjob)...whatever it is, I'm loving all these pics and am in hog heaven!

Here is a photo of my violine ostrich bearn, taken next to a window, with early afternoon light (cloudy day) coming from front, right, and back, and light reflected off a mirror on the left. This is quite close to what violine ostrich looks like in daylight. It tends to look less faded and "glow" more at night with indoors lighting.

I'm actually still debating whether or not to buy the raisin ostrich bearn I saw, assuming it is still there. The raisin is a compact bearn, which would fit better into some of my smaller bags.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Roxane-Bearn-violine_ostrich.jpg
    Roxane-Bearn-violine_ostrich.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 379
OK Talk about the lighting last night. Soft inside, florescent white bright, inside bright. The colors could change with the light.

I first saw the bag about 8 barstools down at a Morton's Steakhouse, so not dark but certainly not light. I didn't realize the beauty of the color until....we were in the Ladie's room together. I complimented the woman with the bag, but she was on the cold side, so I did not ask any questions. OHHHH...should have! In the bright light of the restroom, it was still this deep, rich plumish to eggplantish color, darker than any of the beautiful items you ladies have posted. Honestly, the only way I can describe it is the shade of RAISIN when it is done in BOX LEATHER. I have a box raisin bag, and is is very close to this. WHAT IS IT??? Could a color be SO'd that generally does not get made??

I am loving this thread, there is so much lovely purple! My fave Hermes color!!!! Raisin, violine (don't know where I got violette from, I'm a nutjob)...whatever it is, I'm loving all these pics and am in hog heaven!

Candace, you're not a nutjob! There is such a color as Violette, which is a brighter purple than Raisin and Violine. I've only seen Violette come in Chevre Mysore however; I have it in some accessories and love this color.

Roxane, gorgeous Bearn! I love Violine.

Same colour family but not sure that it ever comes in ostrich - could the colour you were looking at be 'prune'? I've only ever seen it in doblis but it has rich plum-like/aubergine jewel tones. I just thought if none of the 'straight' purples here seemed right it could have been something with deeper red tones. Or maybe I'm just muddying the issue!

Oh you women are KILLING me... now I'm intrigued. Crap, just when I told my DH "oh honey, I'm done w/ purses...":P

Can't wait to see a swatch of this delicious color. It sounds divine and I don't even like ostrich. Gosh, what's wrong w/ me?

As a "Card Carrying Lover Of All Things Purple" :smile:, this thread has me extremely intrigued!!
Every pic posted is SO beautiful!!
Looking forward to seeing if this my serious color can be named.

Same colour family but not sure that it ever comes in ostrich - could the colour you were looking at be 'prune'? I've only ever seen it in doblis but it has rich plum-like/aubergine jewel tones. I just thought if none of the 'straight' purples here seemed right it could have been something with deeper red tones. Or maybe I'm just muddying the issue!

WHAT IS THIS PRUNE?? Because yes,it was def plum/aubergine like. Do you have any pics???:yes:

Here is a photo of my violine ostrich bearn, taken next to a window, with early afternoon light (cloudy day) coming from front, right, and back, and light reflected off a mirror on the left. This is quite close to what violine ostrich looks like in daylight. It tends to look less faded and "glow" more at night with indoors lighting.

I'm actually still debating whether or not to buy the raisin ostrich bearn I saw, assuming it is still there. The raisin is a compact bearn, which would fit better into some of my smaller bags.
Roxane, great choice! I have seen a Violine ostrich bearn and it's very beautiful! :tup:

I first saw the bag about 8 barstools down at a Morton's Steakhouse, so not dark but certainly not light. I didn't realize the beauty of the color until....we were in the Ladie's room together. I complimented the woman with the bag, but she was on the cold side, so I did not ask any questions. OHHHH...should have! In the bright light of the restroom, it was still this deep, rich plumish to eggplantish color, darker than any of the beautiful items you ladies have posted. Honestly, the only way I can describe it is the shade of RAISIN when it is done in BOX LEATHER. I have a box raisin bag, and is is very close to this. WHAT IS IT??? Could a color be SO'd that generally does not get made??

I really hate that when it happens:rolleyes:, why can't ladies appreciate that another lady is complimenting your bag.
cftf, hope you find that color swatch that you are in love with.:heart: