The minimalist wardrobe : Support/progress thread

I love the idea thinking about what would be my one outfit for all occasions, but I would have an issue choosing one outfit for both funerals and weddings. I would wear black from head to toe for funerals and no black except for maybe accessories for weddings. I really can't see a way how one outfit would work out. Also, I could choose to wear only black, but honestly that would make me miserable, because this color doesn't really suit me.
If I'd exclude funerals, I would choose a grey silky shirt, dark blue flowy & wide pants that I can tie at the waist, mid-tone powder blue blazer, leather loafers. For winter I'd switch the shirt for a grey cashmere sweater, wear tights under my pants and add a coat.

Thank you!
Yes I love hats and I think they are one of the hardest items to fit right because everyone has got a different shape of head and hair makes such a massive difference. I’ve got a pretty big head already and then if I’ve got my extensions in that makes my head that much wider :lol:

Hats are so good for weather protection and they elevate an outfit so much so gotta keep looking.

I should also be careful about using this minimalist thread to encourage people to buy stuff though- I am a bit of an enabler at times :lol:
I als9 have. A large head lol. I like buying men’s hats. Also I prefer the more tailored less frou frou style of men’s.

I actually think once you have truly purged a lot of stuff from your wardrobe, sometimes you do need to buy a bit more to refine or define your style. . . IMO it’s a process.

congrats @lill_canele in your successful closet!

@jelliedfeels, I would love t9 see pics of your perfect outfits! The green pants suit sounds really intriguing to me :biggrin:

I love the idea thinking about what would be my one outfit for all occasions, but I would have an issue choosing one outfit for both funerals and weddings. I would wear black from head to toe for funerals and no black except for maybe accessories for weddings. I really can't see a way how one outfit would work out. Also, I could choose to wear only black, but honestly that would make me miserable, because this color doesn't really suit me.
If I'd exclude funerals, I would choose a grey silky shirt, dark blue flowy & wide pants that I can tie at the waist, mid-tone powder blue blazer, leather loafers. For winter I'd switch the shirt for a grey cashmere sweater, wear tights under my pants and add a coat.
That sounds beautiful. Are you a summer type (color palette)?
Bc these colors look terrible on me (dark autumn : tan olive skin and dark brown hair)

That sounds beautiful. Are you a summer type (color palette)?
Bc these colors look terrible on me (dark autumn : tan olive skin and dark brown hair)
I am! It's obvious that I'm a summer type but I'm leaning towards autumn, that means I can get away with a few warm colors as long as they are muted/dusty and not too dark. I generally like my type, the only thing that bothers me a bit is that yellow gold doesn't look that good on me. White gold is often too harsh as wellband I don't want to exclusively wear rose gold (which suits me perfectly), so I just wear it anyway.

I als9 have. A large head lol. I like buying men’s hats. Also I prefer the more tailored less frou frou style of men’s.

I actually think once you have truly purged a lot of stuff from your wardrobe, sometimes you do need to buy a bit more to refine or define your style. . . IMO it’s a process.

congrats @lill_canele in your successful closet!

@jelliedfeels, I would love t9 see pics of your perfect outfits! The green pants suit sounds really intriguing to me :biggrin:
I will try and get some photos at the weekend. It might help me decide which one is the best outfit too :lol:

• Love
Reactions: 880 and Etriers
Ok my cc is burnt (as we say in French).
I got hair extensions + an Acne Studios blazer. Boxy oversize big shoulders (which I normally avoid but it’s so trendy ) I feel guilty
Don’t worry. Extensions don’t count. You are just helping your hair realise how much growing it has to do.

The jacket will be a good quality long term piece- it’s not like you ordered a Boulder of polyester from Zara.

I just recieved my Wolford tights today And they fit perfectly, so I must have gotten my figure back a bit more than last year. So happy! And I almost forgot how luxurious their tights are and how good they make me feel.

I also got the perfect compliment from a friend on my new sandals.
It is very new for me to not wear tights even in the hottest weather, because I normally always stick to wearing both shoe and tights that are the same color, usual (because I have short, chubby legs). So I have been looking for the perfect “no sandal-sandals”. Close to my skintone, straps not too thin or broad. And I found them.
And one of the first times I wore them, I met my friend and the first thing she said was: “I thought you wearen’t wearing shoes”. She just thought my legs looked long. Yay!

Minimalism wisezzzI’m quite interested in it and I feel a bit of peer pressure from my OH who is very minimalist & has no interest in luxury goods (opposites attract :graucho:)

I read project 33 & just couldn’t deal with how same-same my outfits got. I read a couple of capsule wardrobe books & blogs and I think I am a bit more mindful about my purchases fitting my existing wardrobe & colours now.
I do find I am a bit of a spendthrift though

Apropos of nothing…Why do I hate the term capsule wardrobe so intensely? :lol: What is a capsule wardrobe anyway—it’s just clothes that go together. It’s not even really less clothes is it? But people write books about it like it’s rocket science. And why capsule? Lol! I accept that I may be missing the point.