The 'micro' bag trend. Lovin' it? Or not?

The Fiamma is such a stunning bag and she looks great on you! I love Ferragamo; they're one of my favorite houses. It's a line that has unique designs while still focusing on quality.

It's also nice to have a lighter, hands-free option to wear. Once I got used to not carrying every thing with me, I haven't often gone back.

The Fiamma is such a stunning bag and she looks great on you! I love Ferragamo; they're one of my favorite houses. It's a line that has unique designs while still focusing on quality.

It's also nice to have a lighter, hands-free option to wear. Once I got used to not carrying every thing with me, I haven't often gone back.

Thank you! I know I don't need a big bag because for many years I, and almost everyone, used bags that were customarily far smaller and narrower than they are now. I love this little girl and intend to grab her as often as possible.

This just seems silly to me. Lipstick stains are so hard to get rid off. Imagine the mess it would create.

I think the trend for micro bags will be short lived. It seems to be only popular on instagram and blogs as I haven't seen many around here or in some of the major metropolitan areas I've visited in the last few months.
Why would you get lipstick stains? It's just a fun look with 'bag ' ( which is not really a bag but a compact mirror with a lipstick case) worn cross body, just as if one were sporting a necklace....

Why would you get lipstick stains? It's just a fun look with 'bag ' ( which is not really a bag but a compact mirror with a lipstick case) worn cross body, just as if one were sporting a necklace....

Exactly. Should the case/latch opens, then the lipstick could stain any item of clothing the person is wearing. My mom used to have a mirror compact with a holder for lipstick but it wasn't for wearing cross body or shoulder. Ladies were very discreet about their make up items. While I think it does look like something from the 1940-50s, it doesn't make sense as an accessory to be worn. BTW, I do like the idea just not as a cross body with a $$$$ price tag.

Here are some vintage ones.

il_570xN.584110873_kzaw.jpg

il_570xN.1143365220_f823.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly. Should the case/latch opens, then the lipstick could stain any item of clothing the person is wearing. My mom used to have a mirror compact with a holder for lipstick but it wasn't for wearing cross body or shoulder. Ladies were very discreet about their make up items. While I think it does look like something from the 1940-50s, it doesn't make sense as an accessory to be worn. BTW, I do like the idea just not as a cross body with a $$$$ price tag.

Here are some vintage ones.

il_570xN.584110873_kzaw.jpg

il_570xN.1143365220_f823.jpg
OMG! That's is exactly the same design as the Valentino one! They completely copied the idea from vintage ones. I'd snap up this up straight away. The Valentino starts at £450 GBP not sure what is that in US$...

Some of these bags shown on here I consider as 'mini' bags not 'micro' bags. I personally think there is a difference. A mini bag is one that can, at the very least, fit bare essentials (phone, card case, keys, lipstick). What I consider a true 'micro' bag is something that won't even fit the bare essentials (won't fit a phone, keys, etc). I love mini bags and they are my go-to bags as I don't carry much with me, but micro bags are too small for even me as they won't even fit the minimal items that I do carry.

Some of these bags shown on here I consider as 'mini' bags not 'micro' bags. I personally think there is a difference. A mini bag is one that can, at the very least, fit bare essentials (phone, card case, keys, lipstick). What I consider a true 'micro' bag is something that won't even fit the bare essentials (won't fit a phone, keys, etc). I love mini bags and they are my go-to bags as I don't carry much with me, but micro bags are too small for even me as they won't even fit the minimal items that I do carry.

Well ladies! This is still going strong isn't it? I see many london ladies with impossibly tiny bags...