The MALAYSIA Chanel Club

sasaave

O.G.
Apr 20, 2009
I have made a searched on this forum and found threads like Malaysian club (with multiple brands lovers & fans), CHANEL boutique in KLCC Malaysia (topics related/about the store) etc but none of them is a specific thread for Malaysian CHANEL fans to express how hard they fall in love with CHANEL and to exchange their opinions or share their experiences with the luxury brand name CHANEL. So, I open up this to welcome all Malaysians to join, no matter you are staying in Malaysia or overseas.

At least, I know everyone in this thread are Malaysian and we have the same inetrest- We:heart:CHANEL...

You are most welcome to post your purchases, your collections, which CHANEL you carry today, what items on your wish list etc. Any pictures added will be great!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for starting a Malaysian thread!! I 'm a Malaysian but i currently live in Taipei but I spend most of the year in Australia as well.

I have had very bad experiences with the Chanel store in KLCC and that's pretty unfortunate especially since there's only one store in Malaysia. The customer service level in Malaysia is significantly worse compared to stores in the States and Australia I find.

Hope Malaysian tpf-ers can contribute to this thread and I shall share info of Taipei stores as well for those who are interested :smile:

Cheers again sasa for starting this thread!

Dozzaroo, great to have you joining the thread here. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with CHANEL KLCC. I feel welcome everytime I'm there, especially my SA Julie who is so friendly and being patient all the while. If you happen to go to the store again, try to look for her and I am sure you will feel the difference.

I have to admit, prices in Malaysia are higher and the one and only store here is not very well stocked neither. Not much choices compared to CHANEL in overseas. I have been to a few in Taiwan and they are great! Yes, update the fans here and I am sure we gonna love this. Thanks for sharing.

Hope to see more Malaysian tPFers here in this thread.

dozzaroo - I'm also sorry to hear that you had a bad experience at the KLCC boutique. sasaave is right - try dealing with Julie the next time you go there - she's great. The other SAs there are also equally friendly. Hope you've a better experience there the next time.

sasaave - thanks for starting this thread

Hi sasaand krystl, I think sometimes I might have higher expectations of Chanel Malaysia considering that Chanel stores around the world (that I have been) have had given me excellent service in comparison to the KL store. I was going to buy the water snake WOC when I was in KL in January but due to the lack of service and I felt the SAs were looking at you head to toe upon entry to see if you are worth the time, I took my business elsewhere(another country that is!) . The only time I got good service was when I went in with my Chanel or my Hermes and dressed well on that day. Very unfortunate!

But I will definitely look for Julie when I am in the next time!!!

In regards to the Taipei store, they have these in stock at the moment:

Blue degrade maxi
Marine blue GST with brass hardware(with 31 Rue Cambon on the rings of the hardware). Very very pretty.
Large black classic in caviar
Violet Chevron Jumbo
Black Chevron Jumbo
Lots and lots of WOC
Stretch spirits with multi colored stars
Bamboo 2-tone ballerinas with a gold foil tip (I tried this on and it's gorgeous!)
New PB totes in Blue and White and Red and Black(or with another color I cant remember) in Medium and Large
Jumbo beige clair in lamb and caviar
Lots of new footwear from Summer is in as well
Phone charm with a hibiscus and a white CC interlock
New RTW from ACT 2

That's all I can remember for now !

Hope that helps!

:smile:

I think this is a great idea!

I've had some problems when i go to the store too, some of them just pretend i'm not there. The prices in KL are more expensive and thats why i buy my bags (just the few of them) from other countries instead and i agree about the choices, its very limited.

That being said, i'm looking to get the GST or a tote. Anyone know whats in store and in what colours?

Hi everyone! I'm from malaysia too, but based in Melbourne now. I have only been to the store in KLCC once or twice, didnt take note of the SAs because i had no intention buying at that time. Nice to meet yous all!

Hi dozz! Where have u been? Miss ya! Are you now based in Taipei for a long time? I haven't been buying any new chanels since my bijoux :biggrin: so my bank is very happy, so is my bf LOL! And thankfully nothing has caught my eyes yet.............

dozzaroo - wow - excellent recall of what's available in the Taipei boutique. How does the Taipei price compare to Malaysia?

BTW - whenever I pop over to the CC Boutiques in KL or around the region - I'm almost always very sloppily attired - I don't believe in dressing up just because I'm about to go to the CC or the H boutiques - maybe I get service because the SAs think, "OMG - this poor lady - we better help her or else she'll traipse around town looking like something the cat dragged in!" Lol

Hey ypph, I am based here for a bit (not sure how long for but for the next couple of months for sure!) Good for you ! No new purchase hey! LOL I've jumped on the Bbag and Mulberry bandwagon for this season! evil evil evil!

The prices in Taipei are similar to KL I believe but theres a 5% tax refund for tourists so it works out to be a bit cheaper and the range here is a lot better than KL !!!

There's a lot of shoes and accessories here compared to KL and the RTW collection is pretty good too :smile::smile: Am eyeing on a reversible cardigan!

krystl- Glad to see you here. I believe you must have dealt with Julie before. Yea, no doubt other SAs are friendly too.

dozzaroo- I totally understand how you feel and thank you for your update in regards to the stock available in Taipei store.
I went to CHANEL KLCC two weeks ago and I remember they have these:

Black cavier maxi jumbo with SHW
Beige lambskin jumbo with GHW
Black cheveron jumbo
Red patent chevron jumbo
Medallion Totes
Camelia flap in black lambskin
Various colors of 2-Tone ballerina flats
Patent strass bags and WOC
Pearl necklace and some nice earrings

fcukinkybugger- You can find medallion totes and GST in CHANEL KLCC, I'm pretty sure I've seen them 2 weeks ago but can't remember what colors. Maybe you can just drop by if you are in KL or just ring them up to check.

ypph- Thanks for joining us. Did you buy your bijoux from KLCC? Any chance you would post a picture of it?

Hi, everyone! : ) Can I join this club? Haha...great start, sasaave!

I'm a newbie in Chanel coz I just bought my first and 2nd Chanel flap last year. Now, I'm tempting to get a 09A red Jumbo Caviar or a gst.

Fyi, I just called the Chanel Store in KLCC to check the stock availability for the jumbo and gst as well. The sa told me that the red jumbo is sold out and they only have the gst in black caviar with silver hardware. The current retail price is RM 8920. Hope this helps, fcukinkybugger!

Actually, I am planning to get a jumbo or a gst in 09A red caviar with silver hardware. But since the colour is seasonal and sold out in Malaysia, I think I have to hunt it from ebay.

Anyone of u who owned a gst? Is the tote too heavy for daily use? How does it hold up the shape overtime ? Is the washed caviar durable? Any input will be appreciated. TIA!:biggrin:

Last edited:
Hey hippo! I have the 09A red in jumbo and it's DIVINE!

I would say the GST is okay for daily use but the jumbo is definitely more versatile due to the fact that it's a great size for day and night!! The GST is a tad casual but (I have a patent red GST from Cruise and a black with gold hardware) it depends if you need it as a workhorse or not!!!!

The GST gets slouchy over time like the jumbo but definitely still wearable!!!!

Also, if you ever consider to bring your bag on holidays, Jumbo is the way to go!!!! the GST is just too boxy!!