The MALAYSIA Chanel Club

fcukinkybugger- Sorry to respond late as i was a bit too busy lately. I believe you have got the GST price from hippo@alice in her post above. Current retail price in CHANEL KLCC is RM8,920.

hippo@alice- Hi Alice! Nice to see you here. It's impossible to get a red cavier jumbo flap or GST in KLCC now. They were all sold out! I heard they manage to get only 2 red cavier GST and were both sold in 1 day. I totally agreed with dozzaroo, GST gets sloughy over time and too boxy to carry around when you are on holidays. However, it really depends on individual. Some people love to carry many things in her bag when she's on the go but myself, I prefer to carry just a medium/jumbo flap.

Thanks sasaave and hippo@alice for the reply! i'm getting the GST from Paris instead *fingers crossed* through a friend. Hopefully they still have it in stock!

I am not surprised that the taxes are exorbitantly high ! I had an order of MJ stuff from the states sent to me in KL in January and I got taxed 23 percent (duties,vat,and processing fee) It was posted using UPS and was handled by Pos Malaysia upon arrival in KL. I was told that there is no proper framework for importation of goods in Malaysia(personal import that is) hence why we all get taxed differently each time and depending on courier.

DHL is the same as well as I had lots of experience with importing clothes and shoes to Malaysia from the UK/US.

Now I just dont bother anymore as I find shopping in store more fun(unless it's a rare item) and it's just not worth the hassle in getting it from overseas! In the end, it just comes down to how much the saving is. If it's something like 10% saving, I dont even bother!! Had too much dramas !

Hi Grace, I bought my first Chanel classic m/l lambskin flap from ebay last year. The seller marked it as a gift and under value. Then I told the customs that it was a gift from my sister who is working in Japan. Ended up I didnt have to pay any tax coz the officer believed my story and he dunno what is Chanel...haha! He pronouced it as "Channel" ...:lolots:haha! I' m so lucky that day. ..indeed!

Later, I bought my 2nd Chanel and a few more Gucci bags from ebay or Bonanzle. I paid a minimum amount of tax( around RM 50 to RM 150)only. I changed the value b4 showing them the printed paypal invoice as to minimize the tax...hehe! :P( Sorry, I know I'm a bad gal!) The officer told me that they will only charge 10% tax upon goods exceed RM 500( item value+ shipping cost).

It's all depends on luck. Sometimes the postman send the parcel directly to my house without going through the customs though!

I had to get this 09A red caviar jumbo from ebay although I paid over RM11k for it coz the color is seasonal and sold out. Furthermore, it's quite difficult to get a red jumbo from KLCC. The sa said they dun get red jumbo in every season...but I am not sure whether this is true or not coz I'm a newbie in Chanel.

Yesterday, I called the Chanel KLCC to ask for the clasp ( to shorten the jumbo chain). It was out of stock but I asked the sa to call me when they have it. The clasp is RM 60. I need to get it coz I'm only 164cm and I think the chain is too long for me to wear it on shoulder. Btw, anyone of u are using the clasp too? Mind share with me how's the clasp work? TIA.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Hi all fellow Malaysians...I'm a Malaysian too, but now residing in United Arab Emirates. Luv, luv, luv chanel and I have my own online business selling bags from Dubai. Would be very glad to join Malaysian Chanel Club clan. =)

xxx Please read our rules, this is not allowed :idea:

Custom tax is 10% of the bag value in Malaysia. I was wondering why you pay 30%? They do have other charges like clearance fee and the custom form declaration fees which is about RM50 if not mistaken.

oh well, that's a pos malaysia people call to pay the custom + handling fee and all those, I paid for the bag online for 3k++ and end up (after paying custom and all to declare) it becomes 4k++... almost the same price as KL Prada price.. :sad: ... I'm thinkin to get chanel online but now having 2nd thought.. I rather buy it directly from the boutique

Hi Grace, I bought my first Chanel classic m/l lambskin flap from ebay last year. The seller marked it as a gift and under value. Then I told the customs that it was a gift from my sister who is working in Japan. Ended up I didnt have to pay any tax coz the officer believed my story and he dunno what is Chanel...haha! He pronouced it as "Channel" ...:lolots:haha! I' m so lucky that day. ..indeed!

Later, I bought my 2nd Chanel and a few more Gucci bags from ebay or Bonanzle. I paid a minimum amount of tax( around RM 50 to RM 150)only. I changed the value b4 showing them the printed paypal invoice as to minimize the tax...hehe! :P( Sorry, I know I'm a bad gal!) The officer told me that they will only charge 10% tax upon goods exceed RM 500( item value+ shipping cost).

It's all depends on luck. Sometimes the postman send the parcel directly to my house without going through the customs though!

I had to get this 09A red caviar jumbo from ebay although I paid over RM11k for it coz the color is seasonal and sold out. Furthermore, it's quite difficult to get a red jumbo from KLCC. The sa said they dun get red jumbo in every season...but I am not sure whether this is true or not coz I'm a newbie in Chanel.

Yesterday, I called the Chanel KLCC to ask for the clasp ( to shorten the jumbo chain). It was out of stock but I asked the sa to call me when they have it. The clasp is RM 60. I need to get it coz I'm only 164cm and I think the chain is too long for me to wear it on shoulder. Btw, anyone of u are using the clasp too? Mind share with me how's the clasp work? TIA.:biggrin:

Thanks for the tips, Alice! really appreciate it :smile:... I know nothing about the clasp, but I know jumbo is way too long if i use it crossbody, and it's just fine when I use it on shoulder..

LOL!!!!i'm sure i'll laugh to tears too...

btw,i'm just curious is chanel flap bag comes in black and beige only?

LOL!!!!i'm sure i'll laugh to tears too...

btw,i'm just curious is chanel flap bag comes in black and beige only?

Hi, K! U r joining us also! Great! :yahoo:

No, there r more colors like white, red, grey and many more. But red and grey are seasonal colors I think.

Maybe other members can give u a more correct answer. I am quite new in Chanel...hehe:P!

Are u tempted to get one also? :graucho:

Hi, K! U r joining us also! Great! :yahoo:

No, there r more colors like white, red, grey and many more. But red and grey are seasonal colors I think.

Maybe other members can give u a more correct answer. I am quite new in Chanel...hehe:P!

Are u tempted to get one also? :graucho:

me too,i'm new here :biggrin: sooooo tempted lol!

i rarely see people buying flap bag other than black.

sorry i forgot to say HI!! to everyone huuhuh

dozzaroo- Yes, items shipped via USPS will be handled by Pos Malaysia when they arrive. It depends on your luck whether to pay tax or not. As i know, tax for bags is 10% of the value + handling fees + admin fee. I have the same thought as you, that is to buy from store if it is only 10% different. I don't like to have all these hassle and wasting my time at the custom office.