The LV Rescue Club

Hello,
I have a vintage Vernis Agenda PM in red and I want to dye into different colour.
I am not keen on black colour so I hope for other colour than black.
please
please what colour I can go if the base is bright red?
would blue colour work?

thank you

26A031D9-4371-4AD7-901E-9BD8DFD4A1D6.jpeg

Has anyone rehabbed a bag from the denim line? I have a Baggy pm in green that is still wearable (and a great summer bag) but the denim has faded so much. If there was an easy way without ruining the vachetta, I might have a go at it.

Has anyone rehabbed a bag from the denim line? I have a Baggy pm in green that is still wearable (and a great summer bag) but the denim has faded so much. If there was an easy way without ruining the vachetta, I might have a go at it.
Could you find a thrift store bag and practice? I would think that if you applied the dye carefully by hand.....maybe take it to a cleaners first, see if cleaning refreshes it?

Could you find a thrift store bag and practice? I would think that if you applied the dye carefully by hand.....maybe take it to a cleaners first, see if cleaning refreshes it?

I have washed it by hand to see if it would brighten up, but no luck. The interior is perfect and under the pocket flaps has not faded, just the exterior where it has been exposed to sunlight. It seems some people use Rit dye and paint it on the fabric. hmm, something to think about.

I have washed it by hand to see if it would brighten up, but no luck. The interior is perfect and under the pocket flaps has not faded, just the exterior where it has been exposed to sunlight. It seems some people use Rit dye and paint it on the fabric. hmm, something to think about.
Try some removable painters tape on a piece of leather that does not show and leave it in for 24 hours. That might help keep the leather clean. You will still have to be super careful around the leather so the fabric under the leather doesn’t soak up dye and stain from underneath.

just had an idea...maybe you could kind of tie dye it, it get a one color result like the LV Ikat bags? Like “paint” imperfect stripes with the dye? That way you can avoid the areas near the leather? You could practice with some crappy t-shirts to get your “stripe” technique right...

Hello everyone :smile:
i was wondering if anyone has advice on how to clean the interior of my neverfull DE GM? it seems to be grease staining but i'm not sure, scared to put anything on there & i don't trust the local dry cleaners :biggrin:
any help appreciated :heart:
(yes i know a bag organizer would have prevented that but it took me a few years to realize that, now i'm using one)

i was wondering if anyone has advice on how to clean the interior of my neverfull DE GM? it seems to be grease staining but i'm not sure, scared to put anything on there & i don't trust the local dry cleaners :biggrin:
(yes i know a bag organizer would have prevented that but it took me a few years to realize that, now i'm using one)
Hi there, I have cleaned the inside of my Neverfull with a little dawn soap and water. I used baby wipes as well. It seemed to work well for me. Not sure if anyone else has a different tip.

I agree that Dawn soap seems to be a good try for grease stains. Another suggestion -- there is a line of car care products called Griots that is often relied upon in the fine luxury/antique automobile community, and they make an interior cleaner for cars (as well as some leather cleaners, etc.) I've used a few of their products on an epi (suede interior) that I was trying to rehab and thoroughly clean (to remove a cigarette smell... long story). I'd trust their interior car cleaner on a microfiber/soft terry cloth. I wouldn't soak it, but dampen and gently wipe. Car people can be super picky about products they detail cars with. The interior cleaner is a clear, soapy watery liquid, no smell.

Hello,
Advice needed! My vintage 1986 speedy has a tear along the front of the inside pocket. When I got the bag two years ago the tear was only a couple of inches and I really should have fixed it then .... but over time it has grown to the point of being unable to use the pocket.

Any idea how to go about fixing this one?
Many thanks!

Attachments

• PXL_20210223_193657414.jpg
    PXL_20210223_193657414.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: Moestyles
Hello,
Advice needed! My vintage 1986 speedy has a tear along the front of the inside pocket. When I got the bag two years ago the tear was only a couple of inches and I really should have fixed it then .... but over time it has grown to the point of being unable to use the pocket.

Many thanks!
Ahhh that’s a tricky one! Maybe sewing it yourself? That’s probably what I would do if it were me.

Hello,

Many thanks!
I would think maybe with a sewing machine but I don’t have one lol :shocked: good luck!

Hello,

Many thanks!
Take it to a local tailor/seamstress. They can hand stitch it neatly, quickly and easily. That’s in the wrong place for a machine to do it.

Hi I have a question I'm hoping all you rescue experts can help with. I have a new Flower Tote with the red leather trim, and a MPA that I plan to use Carbonpro on to protect the vachetta. If I understand you all correctly, the carbonpro is not for the canvas but only the vachetta, so I will only spray that on the MPA. Do you have any ideas on what would protect the red leather on the tote, I have not used it yet. I decided to post here rather than make a new post because there are so many good opinions on this thread. I searched for how to protect the red leather but I could not find any posts or threads. Of course the CA at LV said not to put anything on it and to avoid hand lotion and hand sanitizer.