The Loewe Puzzle

I've been obsessed with the puzzle bag for a couple years now and waited too long to pull the trigger. The price has increased and styling has slightly changed. I'm glad to be here lurking until I find mine.

Popped in to our store yesterday to pass a small omiyage to our SA and chanced upon the newly released puzzle edge soft in large. It is really buttery soft and suede lined like the recent black small puzzle, and is wonderfully slouchy! It also looks a bit smaller than the regular large puzzle edge. However I’m not so sold on the color (it’s also available in black) but this may make me eventually pull the trigger on a puzzle edge.
IMG_8523.jpeg

IMG_8522.jpeg

IMG_8520.jpeg

Popped in to our store yesterday to pass a small omiyage to our SA and chanced upon the newly released puzzle edge soft in large. It is really buttery soft and suede lined like the recent black small puzzle, and is wonderfully slouchy! It also looks a bit smaller than the regular large puzzle edge. However I’m not so sold on the color (it’s also available in black) but this may make me eventually pull the trigger on a puzzle edge.
View attachment 5974087

View attachment 5974086

View attachment 5974085
I didn't realise this one was a bit different and had suede lining. They have it in burgandy on the website as well. I have another bag in a similar blue but it doesn't appeal to me in the puzzle.

When the campaign photos first came out I really liked the ombre puzzle on Maggie Smith, it was the first edge that appealed to me but they have only released that large blue one so far which I don't like. Not sure if/when anything else is coming out

Seems like this ombré blue is only going to available on this one puzzle edge and some other bags (not puzzles). I’m not really sold on the ombré color in person either.

There’s also this strange duck bag charm that comes in blue or black, and feels essentially like a leather wrapped wooden duck head. Don’t understand the reference if there is one? It’s in the exact same blue as the puzzle edge soft.

I've been obsessed with the puzzle bag for a couple years now and waited too long to pull the trigger. The price has increased and styling has slightly changed. I'm glad to be here lurking until I find mine.
If you’re referring to the classic puzzle, it’s possible albeit very rare for the classic design to still come into store. Get an SA to keep a lookout for you if you can. I happened upon a classic puzzle and bought it in store last week, after SAs said they hadn’t seen it for months, only the edge. I was really lucky because I just randomly decided to look at the puzzle again after years of liking it and it came in stock like that. I also missed the chance to buy it cheaper like you the last few years but it’s fine, everything happens for a reason. If I got it when I did 4 years ago I would’ve gotten the white anagram but i prefer the black debossed anagram on my puzzle now. And yeah I got it more expensive, but I got it when it’s technically discontinued now so definitely a worthy purchase.

I just ordered the new puzzle with the woven strap in Sahara. I’m so anxious for it to come.
I hope you love it!!

I just used my black one while traveling and I am so happy with it - I didn't baby it and there are no scratches/dings like I feared! Here's a picture in sunlight - a lot more shine than in my indoor pics.

Attachments

• IMG_5032.jpeg
    IMG_5032.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 107
I hope you love it!!

I just used my black one while traveling and I am so happy with it - I didn't baby it and there are no scratches/dings like I feared! Here's a picture in sunlight - a lot more shine than in my indoor pics.
So beautiful 🥹

What did you pay? I found it on Selfridges and combined Rakuten w it to get it down to $3k or so which I felt good about. I ordered in the middle of the night lol

Reactions: _jlv
Hi! I am travelling to London next week! Does anyone know if any of the places still carries Mini puzzle in black?
Both Harrods, Selfridges, Liberty and Harvey Nichols are four department stores here in London that all have Loewe concessions. Their online sites may not list the classic mini puzzle in black but the actual department stores themselves might and it's worth your going in to them and asking the SAs if they have any old stock etc. All of the Loewe SAs in these stores are lovely and very helpful. All four stores are fairly close together - Harrods and Harvey Nichols are minutes away from each other in Knightsbridge, and Selfridges and Liberty are equally very close to one another in Oxford Street and Regent Street respectively (5 minute walk).

Both Harrods, Selfridges, Liberty and Harvey Nichols are four department stores here in London that all have Loewe concessions. Their online sites may not list the classic mini puzzle in black but the actual department stores themselves might and it's worth your going in to them and asking the SAs if they have any old stock etc. All of the Loewe SAs in these stores are lovely and very helpful. All four stores are fairly close together - Harrods and Harvey Nichols are minutes away from each other in Knightsbridge, and Selfridges and Liberty are equally very close to one another in Oxford Street and Regent Street respectively (5 minute walk).
Hello! Thank you so much! I was planning to go to Harrods on the day I land, just to have a chill afternoon and early night. Will for sure check out the stores there.

Do you think they will still have it in France? I will be heading to France from London.

I hope you love it!!

Can you please describe the difference between the leather for this one (mellow calfskin) and the classic calfskin? The satin calfskin felt stiffer when I tried it in person.. I have the grained calfskin and it slouches more than the satin calfskin one.

I have a weird question. I bought the canvas anagram strap for my medium puzzle bag because the leather one is a little short for me cross-body. Is there a way to have the anagram side show va the Loewe print? I know you can turn it over but then it’s backwards. I was wondering if there is a way to flip the buckle where the strap goes through. I was going to experiment but then thought I might not be able to put it back together lol!

I have a weird question. I bought the canvas anagram strap for my medium puzzle bag because the leather one is a little short for me cross-body. Is there a way to have the anagram side show va the Loewe print? I know you can turn it over but then it’s backwards. I was wondering if there is a way to flip the buckle where the strap goes through. I was going to experiment but then thought I might not be able to put it back together lol!
Personally, I wouldn’t try to do that for the reason you stated. You could add swivel hooks from etsy to the strap. I’ve done that on my old flamenco strap but I was attaching the hook to a leather loop rather than a hook so the look was clean.