The Lindy "Voyage" --- Fab new travel bag!!!

OK, you guys, I went to try on this Lindy travel bag yesterday. Here is my verdict...couple of negatives which led me to a :tdown::

1) It really can only be held by the shoulder strap. When you hold it by the ends, the whole thing collapses ( as you would expect), so then you need to fold all your stuff into a square to not get wrinkled.

2) There were only a few in the store. My SA said they had come in for totally neutral tones...all pretty easy to get dirty. The etoupe would be the best option. I don't care for black especially for travel bags..the corners get scuffed, blah blah blah.

3) It can be HEAVY. I only put in a few things that I had purchased earlier that day..and threw in a few items of clothing from the H store...basically enough for a weekend. The weight PULLED on the bag since you have to carry with a strap. Again, the problem with the bag is the way u have to carry it. I didn't like the droopy look..

So, unless all you put in there is lingerie (not a bad idea!!), no shoes except flip flops, and can master the art of folding all your clothes into a square....it's not really the bag for a traveller. I don't think anyone who buys this would ever check it in, so that's not a concern whether you fly private or not. It's not a bad bag for a summer home, just taking a few things back and forth in the car though..

Just MHO

Thank you for your review!

Kellybag, I have to say, the Lindy travel bag is the PERFECT size. Too bad the handles were not in the middle...I also tried a Bombay travel and a bolide travel. Both were ok, but were simply too much bag for me. It looked like the Bolide was carrying me vs. the other way around!! The Bombay was nice, but didn't jump out to me and scream BUY ME NOW, as so many other H things do to me!:okay:

Thanks for the lovely photos, KallieGirl!

I haven't read every single post. Sorry if this has been asked before. What is the colour of the Ulysee PM in the top right hand corner? Poussiere Togo?

attachment.php

Mrs.S, I checked with my SA and the Ulysse is Curry.

Thanks for the review, Kellybag. Since I'll be flying to Europe in a few weeks and will be dropping by at the flagship H store, does anyone in that area know what colors they have available of the Lindy? It would be the perfect addition to my collection. The Lindy seems to be the ultimate slouch bag. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks in advance :flowers:

Mrs.S, I checked with my SA and the Ulysse is Curry.

Thank you, Kallie Girl :flowers:for posting back. I thoroughly enjoy & appreciate all your posts and pictures from your SA.:happydance:Thank you for your generousity in sharing with all of us.

asa and I went to our H store and guess what, only ONE piece has been ordered for the store. I guess only if the interest is high, more pieces could be ordered at subsequent podiums.

If that Ulysse is curry I'm in love! What a wonderful summer color. :yes:

Carpaccio: I think someone wrote in recent thread that there was at the very least parchemin, orange, and lagon Lindy's (regular, not travel) available at FSH in recent weeks.

Thanks for the pictures, Kallie Girl!

hermesmonkey, thanks for the review! I highly suspected it'll be heavy.

ms.fashionista, it's Clemence.

perlerare, I've seen a Tabac-Camel Clemence VF and I think it will look great on Lindy too.

Bumping this up a bit, since I've seen a couple of the Lindy Voyages in person lately (it seemed like everywhere in London had them in Etoupe!) Does anyone have one and use it for travel? I'm thinking about it just because I love the regular Lindy so. However, I have a (non-H) travel bag that's about the same size, and the weight is really a deterrent. I only really use it for car-based weekend getaways where I won't have to carry it far.

I have a Clemence Lindy Voyage in Blue Jean............Honestly, I do not find it any heavier than my HAC 40cm.............and I use it for travel and when going to the gym............I sometimes use it to go shopping after my day at the gym as well, and do not find it unbearable at all........... HTH...........Hope hanyeu can add more valuable comments..............

i also considered this bag....but when i tried it on, i find that it is not that user friendly in a sense that (i) you can only use it as a shoulder bag with the strap because literally you cannot hold the handles while you have a lot of items in the bag, and (ii) the length of the strap are not adjustable. If I remember correctly, it does not come with inside pockets so it is not good for me. (I understand that for all travel bags by H, they dont come with inside pockets. please correct me if I am wrong).

I will consider buying this bag only if they have a Lindy Voyage II which has an adjustable strap (like Evelyne III) and inside pockets.