The Lindy "Voyage" --- Fab new travel bag!!!

footlocker............ good news for you........there is no need to wait for versionII , as the Lindy Voyage comes with an adjustable strap and also 5 pockets (2 outside, 3 inside)...........

hello all,

for me, the travel Lindy is very heavy once you start putting stuff inside, even though the bag is partially lined with toile! I also find the HAC40 very heavy, just as a note. after gym, sometimes, I find I can barely lift it! lol! the post-workout workout!

as many have pointed out, it is really not a very "good" travel bag if you like your stuff tidily folded and still in pristine condition when you reopened the bag due to the construction and slouchiness of the bag! this is not a bag that I would take on a plane (biz or economy) as there are far better bags for that functions, imo.

agreed with Sydspy that the belt is adjustable and there are indeed 5 pockets (2 outside and 2 inside + 1 zippered pockets).

at the end of the day, you need to consider how much stuff will you carry inside on a regular basis and if so, can you handle the weight?

OMG! how come the one i tried at the reseller is not like that?

hello all,

for me, the travel Lindy is very heavy once you start putting stuff inside, even though the bag is partially lined with toile! I also find the HAC40 very heavy, just as a note. after gym, sometimes, I find I can barely lift it! lol! the post-workout workout!

as many have pointed out, it is really not a very "good" travel bag if you like your stuff tidily folded and still in pristine condition when you reopened the bag due to the construction and slouchiness of the bag! this is not a bag that I would take on a plane (biz or economy) as there are far better bags for that functions, imo.

agreed with Sydspy that the belt is adjustable and there are indeed 5 pockets (2 outside and 2 inside + 1 zippered pockets).

at the end of the day, you need to consider how much stuff will you carry inside on a regular basis and if so, can you handle the weight?

Hanyeu & sydspy & footlocker - thank you so much! When I was shopping in London, it was with a friend who would have thought I was nuts to really consider such a pricey bag. So I only got to look at it very very briefly and didn't carry it around to test the weight. I keep kicking myself now that I didn't just brave her comments and examine it to my heart's content (and possibly buy the darn thing!)

That's a good point that it's lined in toile. Also good info on the pockets and the handles. I tend to shoulder carry bags like this, but only if they'll actually STAY on the shoulder -- hate when they keep crashing down on my elbow! Hmmm...debating using this as the bag to drag things to preschool/the gym now... probably not a good idea as it would have not only sweaty gym clothes but also straw cup of milk and messy toddler snacks all the time.

The Sac Arion is a good cheaper alternative (available in all leather or toile/leather) and can be shoulder carried as well, but not messenger style like Lindy.

Otherwise, the other one is travel Polochon but that's hard to find.

For hand carry, you can consider Victoria 42 as well and that can be quite lightweight although it has no interior pockets which can make organizing a bit of a challenge. The other is the travel Steve but that weighs a ton as well.

Good luck with your search!

Thanks hanyeu! I definitely want shoulder carry ability. Honestly, I always wonder who can manage big totes/duffle type bags that are hand carry only. I have a toddler, so I'm already down one hand just holding on to him, so I can't have the other hand taken up with a bag. That's why I love the regular Lindy in the first place -- carrying options!