The JADE thread!

Congratulations! I've found that the photo on the certificate card in their listings is usually more color accurate than the listing photos. I really like the carving on it. It will be gorgeous in person.

If I were 20lbs lighter, I might've made an offer, too. Sigh. I can't wear half my bangles. Woe is me.
I checked the photo on the cert, and it seems like it’s darker blue/green in reality. I’m totally ok with that. I just really wanted a cool carved on.

Are jade bangles easy enough to take off, or is it a commitment to wear them? I’m contemplating getting one but if it’s kind of a done deal, I’m probably going to look at beaded jade bracelets instead.

Are jade bangles easy enough to take off, or is it a commitment to wear them? I’m contemplating getting one but if it’s kind of a done deal, I’m probably going to look at beaded jade bracelets instead.
It really depends on your hands and how small you like it fitted. With practice, your hand will probably get more flexible, but aging and joint/swelling problems can start catching up with you. I'd start with some cheaper ones to see what size you like and whether you like wearing bangles. I prefer them over beaded bracelets, because they don't hold water against my skin, which irritates it.

It really depends on your hands and how small you like it fitted. With practice, your hand will probably get more flexible, but aging and joint/swelling problems can start catching up with you. I'd start with some cheaper ones to see what size you like and whether you like wearing bangles. I prefer them over beaded bracelets, because they don't hold water against my skin, which irritates it.
Thank you! I think having considered it further and with the existing jewellery I have, it probably makes more sense to get a beaded bracelet instead of a bangle. A jade bangle would probably bang against my Love bracelet all the time...

Reactions: raptorgrin
It really depends on what your preferred size is. When I'm not so overweight my preferred size on my left wrist is 51mm in diameter... that's the size I usually use lotion or oil to help reduce friction and have it slide over squeezed knuckles. My left hand is more flexible, my right hand needs at least a 52mm. An easy on/off size for me is a 53mm.

If you don't want committment, you also might consider a hinged or segmented bangle.

hinged
JiHZnr6.jpg

segmented
oOBNGNG.jpg

Thank you! I think having considered it further and with the existing jewellery I have, it probably makes more sense to get a beaded bracelet instead of a bangle. A jade bangle would probably bang against my Love bracelet all the time...
You can totally wear a jade bangle with a Love bracelet.
Check out this tpf'rs stack. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-jade-thread.903525/post-35049047

It really depends on what your preferred size is. When I'm not so overweight my preferred size on my left wrist is 51mm in diameter... that's the size I usually use lotion or oil to help reduce friction and have it slide over squeezed knuckles. My left hand is more flexible, my right hand needs at least a 52mm. An easy on/off size for me is a 53mm.

If you don't want committment, you also might consider a hinged or segmented bangle.

hinged
JiHZnr6.jpg

segmented
oOBNGNG.jpg

You can totally wear a jade bangle with a Love bracelet.
Check out this tpf'rs stack. https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/the-jade-thread.903525/post-35049047
Oh cool, thank you for the suggestions, Deffo something I can look into! :smile:

So far I’ve been tempted by these few… Ideally I’d get a lavender one first.

Hi, I am new to this forum and so glad that I found it.
Anybody have any idea what kind of jade this bangle is made of?
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• jade bangle1.JPG
    jade bangle1.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 8
  • jade bangle2.JPG
    jade bangle2.JPG
    24.4 KB · Views: 8
  • jade bangle3.JPG
    jade bangle3.JPG
    57 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: AJadecent Angle
Hi, I am new to this forum and so glad that I found it.
Anybody have any idea what kind of jade this bangle is made of?
Thanks in advance.
Welcome! Neat carving on the bangle. It's hard to tell what kind of stone something is from pictures alone. "Jade" iusually refers nephrite or jadeite, but there are many stones that can come close to the look. Jade-like stones can be serpentine, agate, aventurine, crysoprase, jasper, etc. If the seller is claiming it is nephrite or jadeite, check to see if the seller has a certificate from a reputable lab or make sure you can return it/get reimbursed if you have to pay for testing and it turns out not to be jade.
Bought two pieces of jade recently, more because I liked the carving style. They appear to be from the same source and I might make them into one doubled pendant or part of a necklace.
What great looking stones! The carving looks very will done. I love the white/green combo on jade the best.
GUYS! My bangle from Gojade finally came in! It’s so blue!!! I love it! It’s got a dragon and a phoenix on it. It’s actually a bit smaller than 51mm, which is fine by me, but I imagine anyone struggling to fit into this would have been very upset. It’s so smooth and even for a carved bangle. I’m in love with it
Yo! That looks awesome. So glad it worked out for you. I really enjoy carvings where the dragon and phoenix are together. My favorite bangles are my carved ones.

Welcome! Neat carving on the bangle. It's hard to tell what kind of stone something is from pictures alone. "Jade" iusually refers nephrite or jadeite, but there are many stones that can come close to the look. Jade-like stones can be serpentine, agate, aventurine, crysoprase, jasper, etc. If the seller is claiming it is nephrite or jadeite, check to see if the seller has a certificate from a reputable lab or make sure you can return it/get reimbursed if you have to pay for testing and it turns out not to be jade.

What great looking stones! The carving looks very will done. I love the white/green combo on jade the best.

Yo! That looks awesome. So glad it worked out for you. I really enjoy carvings where the dragon and phoenix are together. My favorite bangles are my carved ones.
Have any of the carving on your bangles been damaged? Having thinner more delicate pieces on my bangle is making me nervous. Idk if they need more care.

Have any of the carving on your bangles been damaged? Having thinner more delicate pieces on my bangle is making me nervous. Idk if they need more care.

Honestly, I haven't had any issues with my carved bangles and I'm kind of klutz. I tend to knock my arms on walls, door knobs, desk, railings, etc and so far so good or I'm just lucky. I'm stuck with my black carved on the left wrist since March 2020 because I've gained too much weight to slip it off. I miss being able to swap bangles out.

Here are some reposts of my carved bangles.

WXUQebi.jpg

VAesjFB.jpg

LCWoHZr.jpg

iPmzGK9.jpg

Zf677g5.jpg

cJqQ1VX.jpg

XTCoZHP.jpg

dRPwlAl.jpg

Honestly, I haven't had any issues with my carved bangles and I'm kind of klutz. I tend to knock my arms on walls, door knobs, desk, railings, etc and so far so good or I'm just lucky. I'm stuck with my black carved on the left wrist since March 2020 because I've gained too much weight to slip it off. I miss being able to swap bangles out.

Here are some reposts of my carved bangles.

WXUQebi.jpg

VAesjFB.jpg

LCWoHZr.jpg

iPmzGK9.jpg

Zf677g5.jpg

cJqQ1VX.jpg

XTCoZHP.jpg

dRPwlAl.jpg
They’re so beautiful! Do you have more carved bangles than you have smooth? What size is the black carved one which is stuck on your arm? I imagine it’s the one of the last photo to the right, correct? At least you’re stuck with a pretty bangle. Really quick, do you oil your carved bangles the same? I usually oil my regular bangles occasionally, but here I’m scared the carved bangle will collect the oil and look dirty in the grooves of the carvings. Can I get more close ups on the one stuck on your arm? Thanks.