Tech The iPhone 7

The glossy black is actually very durable on other Apple products. It's the same aluminum material used on the Mac Pro which is a very solid machine. I also imagine it's made with the same process as the space black Apple Watch.
You're right that it's just as durable as any other product but it will have a lot of scratches and some people don't like seeing so many scratches on their new iphone. Even the iphone 7s that were on display after the Apple Event already had scratches on them.
Apple warns new glossy Jet Black iPhone 7 finish will scratch easily, recommends using case
https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/07/apple-warns-jet-black-iphone-7-scratches/

Hidden in the fine print of the tech specs page for iPhone 7 is the following warning:

The high-gloss finish of the jet black iPhone 7 is achieved through a precision nine-step anodization and polishing process. Its surface is equally as hard as other anodized Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone.

The glossy black is actually very durable on other Apple products. It's the same aluminum material used on the Mac Pro which is a very solid machine. I also imagine it's made with the same process as the space black Apple Watch.

Right, except that you don't stuff your MP into your pocket or bag with coins, keys, and everything else that beats on it all day. :amuse:

Reactions: uhpharm01
Right, except that you don't stuff your MP into your pocket or bag with coins, keys, and everything else that beats on it all day. :amuse:
That's true! Never thought of it that way. I always buy an OtterBox for my iPhone anyway because if i didn't the screen would be shattered within minutes! Lol!

I just pre-ordered the matte black. It will be my first iPhone. I've had a Samsung Galaxy S3 and S5. Both had their screens go out. My S5 was replaced in February with another S5, only to have my sd card stop recognizing and my security pin to not recognize. So I decided I get the Note 7 instead when my upgrade came around (September). Well then the reports of the batteries exploding came out. Ugh, so I feel like I have no other choice but to get the iPhone 7 as I no longer trust the Galaxy's to hold up and the Note is defective. I really hope I like this phone...

You're right that it's just as durable as any other product but it will have a lot of scratches and some people don't like seeing so many scratches on their new iphone. Even the iphone 7s that were on display after the Apple Event already had scratches on them.
Apple warns new glossy Jet Black iPhone 7 finish will scratch easily, recommends using case
https://9to5mac.com/2016/09/07/apple-warns-jet-black-iphone-7-scratches/

Hidden in the fine print of the tech specs page for iPhone 7 is the following warning:

The high-gloss finish of the jet black iPhone 7 is achieved through a precision nine-step anodization and polishing process. Its surface is equally as hard as other anodized Apple products; however, its high shine may show fine micro-abrasions with use. If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone.

Probably won't get the glossy black now. Hadn't even crossed my mind. I keep a case on my phone the minute it comes from the box so I don't want to invest in a certain color that maybe more prone to scuffs/scratches. Thank you for posting.

I'll be getting the galaxy note 7 till they release the 8 and if the 8 is worse I'll stay with Samsung
I already have the note 7, which is awesome, but as it's been recalled I was going to jump back to iPhone. I usually go back and forth between iPhone and android but this time I am just going to get the note replaced.

Reactions: uhpharm01
I already have the note 7, which is awesome, but as it's been recalled I was going to jump back to iPhone. I usually go back and forth between iPhone and android but this time I am just going to get the note replaced.
I don't think that you can get another note 7 right now. You can't even buy one now.

That's why I still have mine. The replacements will be coming out from the 21 Sept. So will hold onto it until then. Then swap. Instead of my original plan of holding onto it until I got the iPhone then getting a refund.