Tech The iPhone 7

It's damn expensive here in the UK (especially when I try and convert it to $).

I don't need a new phone for the newness or tech aspects, just for the bigger memory. But I just can't imagine forking over that much money for a phone!

IMG_1473347937.366582.jpg

This is the first time I will skip over the entire gen entirely. To be honest, my next phone may just be an Android phone. Until then, I will clench onto my iPhone 6 until it dies.

I don't use my phone as the one-stop-shop computing destination that it's building out to be. I use my laptop for the big lifting, my big camera for proper pictures, and I don't want to shower with my phone. Actually, coming to think of it, I am genuinely happy to disconnect from the phone in the bathroom and give my brain a breather.

The glossy black sounds like a good idea in theory, but reality is that micro scratches and abrasions will make it look like luxurious **** unless you keep it protected in a case... so where's the point of the slick piano black finish?

So, based on the pic above, the earbuds are 2 separate things? Not connected with anything? I don't see me NOT losing one of them. I must be seeing this all wrong because this cannot be.
Seriously. I have tiny ears, so normal earbuds tend to fall out of my ears. I can totally imagine a sitcom scenario with these on the treadmill where one falls out and gets squashed.

What's the need to buy Airpods where you can find them literally everywhere on the street two weeks later? :roflmfao:

I am still clenching onto my 5s, and even considering to get the touch screen fixed as there is nothing physically wrong with my phone (other than that). I never liked the shape and the form factor of the iPhone 6 range and to call it a 6 and to have a 'revolutionary' design change by removing one of those god awful antenna bands and making that camera bump EVEN LARGER and removing the headphone jack and making it even thinner - because apparently consumers want that? Pfft.... I mean the concept 'leaked' images of an enlarged, thinned out iPhone in the form factor of the 5 era would be the perfect iPhone with minimal bezels on the side. I mean when I see those leaked concept images I wish Apple would see that and implement it! Oh well.... Guess I have to wait another year to upgrade... OR just purchase a second hand 6S Plus :sad:

So disappointed with this year's release!

Reactions: sunshinesash
This is the first time I will skip over the entire gen entirely. To be honest, my next phone may just be an Android phone. Until then, I will clench onto my iPhone 6 until it dies.

I don't use my phone as the one-stop-shop computing destination that it's building out to be. I use my laptop for the big lifting, my big camera for proper pictures, and I don't want to shower with my phone. Actually, coming to think of it, I am genuinely happy to disconnect from the phone in the bathroom and give my brain a breather.

The glossy black sounds like a good idea in theory, but reality is that micro scratches and abrasions will make it look like luxurious **** unless you keep it protected in a case... so where's the point of the slick piano black finish?
The glossy black is actually very durable on other Apple products. It's the same aluminum material used on the Mac Pro which is a very solid machine. I also imagine it's made with the same process as the space black Apple Watch.

What's the need to buy Airpods where you can find them literally everywhere on the street two weeks later? :roflmfao:

I am still clenching onto my 5s, and even considering to get the touch screen fixed as there is nothing physically wrong with my phone (other than that). I never liked the shape and the form factor of the iPhone 6 range and to call it a 6 and to have a 'revolutionary' design change by removing one of those god awful antenna bands and making that camera bump EVEN LARGER and removing the headphone jack and making it even thinner - because apparently consumers want that? Pfft.... I mean the concept 'leaked' images of an enlarged, thinned out iPhone in the form factor of the 5 era would be the perfect iPhone with minimal bezels on the side. I mean when I see those leaked concept images I wish Apple would see that and implement it! Oh well.... Guess I have to wait another year to upgrade... OR just purchase a second hand 6S Plus :sad:

So disappointed with this year's release!
The camera bump is larger for a better camera. Also, the 6S Plus is not discontinued. It's still for sale on the Apple website and will be for the foreseeable future. It's simply cheaper now.

The camera bump is larger for a better camera. Also, the 6S Plus is not discontinued. It's still for sale on the Apple website and will be for the foreseeable future. It's simply cheaper now.
But the Updated 6s plus with 16gb or 64GB storage you should be available to pre-order this friday morning depending on which time zone that you are in.