The Illuminating Lumineuse Club

The Luminuese is one of the only LV bags I have truly liked and I bought it at my local boutique in 2012. It started have the cracking issues right away but I got pregnant with twins after buying it and between bedrest and NICU visits the bag was not on my priority list of things to deal with. It was stored and forgotten. I pulled out to wear recently and thanks to researching on this learned this was a common problem and that options were being offered at the stores to rectify it so I took it in yesterday. I do like the bag and prefer to keep it if fixed. They said they would completely replace the straps that are cracked and rewax the edges that really are not showing any issues in my opinion but I figure why not give it a full overhaul if they are offering it for free. So now I am just awaiting a call on what they can do once they ship it off and it is looked at.

As an update I was offered strap replacement or full refund as a credit towards something else. Love the bag and nothing else I want so I took the strap replacement.

As an update I was offered strap replacement or full refund as a credit towards something else. Love the bag and nothing else I want so I took the strap replacement.

Glad to hear that LV helped resolve your issue. Would you say this bag is a good "mommy bag" ? Is it comfortable to wear over the shoulders with the short straps?

Glad to hear that LV helped resolve your issue. Would you say this bag is a good "mommy bag" ? Is it comfortable to wear over the shoulders with the short straps?

Absolutely! I am a mom of three under 6. That is one reason I adore it. I have travelled abroad with it as well. It is very roomy, the shoulder strap is practical so your hands can be free and you can remove it if you want. The regular fixed strap can be worn on your shoulders also. You do not have to baby it. I have the GM size.

Last edited:
Absolutely! I am a mom of three under 6. That is one reason I adore it. I have travelled abroad it as well. It is very roomy, the shoulder strap is practical so your hands can be free and you can remove it if you want. The regular fixed strap can be worn on your shoulders also. You do not have to baby it. I have the GM size.

Thanks so much for your advise! I have two boys under 2, so need a good practical bag. I just ordered a preloved one and I'm a little nervous about the cracking issue on these bags , but love the look and how functional it seems to be. I'm hoping I don't have any issues.

Hi all.

Hope you can help me [emoji5]️

I just found a pre loved lumi for sale and im actually not doubting that its authentic, but the made in label on the inside sits "crooked" on the lines inside. What I mean is that the lining is pin striped with a double line and a thick single line.
The label normally sits so that the the there is a thick single line in the middle and two double lines on each side... Like this:

View attachment 3022005

But on the one I have found, it sits with the double line in the middle and two thick lines on the sides... Like this:

View attachment 3022006

Do any of your guys labels sit like this too or should my "alarms" go off?
I havent seen enough of these bags irl to know if they can come in both models...

Hope you guys will look at your bags and tell me what you see [emoji3]

I would like to know too as I'm also looking at one and it looks just like the second picture,does anyone know if it can look like both pictures.[emoji4]TIA

Do you need a receipt for the Luminuse strap repair or full refund? My Aunt gave me a Luminuse PM few years ago, the strap is all cracking, but I don't have any receipt!!!😞

Update: after the boutique having my bag forever I was advised that they can't do the strap replacement so a full store credit was the only option. I decided to keep the bag.

Update: after the boutique having my bag forever I was advised that they can't do the strap replacement so a full store credit was the only option. I decided to keep the bag.
Are you sure you want to keep the bag? My Lumi was barely used but was 2.5 yrs old. I presented it to LV for evaluation on the softening of glazing issue (almost melting) and since it was in excellent condition (the leather still firm, which shows I barely used it), they offered a repair or replacement with another bag. I choose replacement coz I would not be happy with the glazing issues and I think it's bound to happen even after repair considering that the glazing are all over the edges of the bag. I got the Twist PM as replacement and just added $300.

Do u have any issue with your lumi?I got a preloved I'm waiting for it but some pppl says they crack a lot I'm nervous about my bag cracking or peeling.
I would not recommend purchasing the Lumi without the store receipt. The LV store in my country always asks for a copy of the receipt when you want a repair. Also, Lumi really has glazing issues, melting or cracking, so I would recommend that you avoid it.

Do you need a receipt for the Luminuse strap repair or full refund? My Aunt gave me a Luminuse PM few years ago, the strap is all cracking, but I don't have any receipt!!!😞
The LV in my country always asks for a copy of the receipt and I have never been made to pay for a repair yet. But I don't know if you tell them you are willing to pay for repair, maybe they will consider that without a receipt. Let us know how it goes.