The Illuminating Lumineuse Club

Are the 2013 bags having glazing issues too? Now I'm worried if they are. I have the infini from 2013. I love the bag and how functional it is! Although I have to admit I don't use it as often as I like due to its weight. I haven't noticed any cracking but it may be because I don't use mine a lot. Does anyone out there have 2013 bags with glazing issues? I would love to hear your experience! Thank you in advance for sharing!
I got a 2013 in Terre and was MINT as really wasn't used up until last fall through Jan this year. I used it about 6 times and boom, all the sudden I see the cracks......so it does happen, apparently didn't for so long as just was sitting around not being used with me and the first owner.....Im so discouraged that I'm thinking of now selling and taking my losses. I LOVE this bag......think it is the most stunning leather tote on the market period the last decade.....BUT I worry about it getting worse then worth no value. Luckily mine is MINT condition outside of that and leather is still stiff and even smells brand new....BUT I will still will have about a 300.00 loss on it compared to what I bought it for.....so I'm debating as I type.

I got a 2013 in Terre and was MINT as really wasn't used up until last fall through Jan this year. I used it about 6 times and boom, all the sudden I see the cracks......so it does happen, apparently didn't for so long as just was sitting around not being used with me and the first owner.....Im so discouraged that I'm thinking of now selling and taking my losses. I LOVE this bag......think it is the most stunning leather tote on the market period the last decade.....BUT I worry about it getting worse then worth no value. Luckily mine is MINT condition outside of that and leather is still stiff and even smells brand new....BUT I will still will have about a 300.00 loss on it compared to what I bought it for.....so I'm debating as I type.
You can fix the cracs by sending your beauty to LV for a repair...

I just bought a preloved Lumi.
I can see that it has a bit of cracking all over.

Unfortunately I dont have the receipt.

Do you think LV will repair it? And does anyone know the cost of getting all the glazing repaired?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I just bought a preloved Lumi.
I can see that it has a bit of cracking all over.

Unfortunately I dont have the receipt.

Do you think LV will repair it? And does anyone know the cost of getting all the glazing repaired?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

I'm interested in this as well! Desperately trying to get my hands on a PM in noir or aurore and concerned if I find one with cracking that I won't be able to get it repaired.

Thinking of purchasing a preloved lumi but does have slight cracking on strap and bottom corners but - advice? I know,it's an issue with this bag but wondered if it is still usable and for how long?

Hi Everyone!

I hope you can help me. I have Lumineuse Ombré that was purchased in 2012. Barely used, kept it on dust bag all these years. I notice recently that all the glazing on the sides are cracked and on handles too. I’m not sure if LV will going to fix it.

Anybody has the same situation? Please let me know if you experienced the same and if lv repaired the bag. I really like this bag. It’s my first LV and it was a gift from my mom for my college graduation.

Hi Everyone!

I hope you can help me. I have Lumineuse Ombré that was purchased in 2012. Barely used, kept it on dust bag all these years. I notice recently that all the glazing on the sides are cracked and on handles too. I’m not sure if LV will going to fix it.

Anybody has the same situation? Please let me know if you experienced the same and if lv repaired the bag. I really like this bag. It’s my first LV and it was a gift from my mom for my college graduation.

I took my Lumineuse to the boutique and all cracking was nicely fixed (reglazed, handles replaced). So do not hesitate to try that out as well. Your bag will look like new! Good luck!

Sorry one more question, how much did you pay for the repairs? ☺️
So, here is the interesting part. I went through this process twice and one Lumi got charged and the other one was for free. The one for free was lumited color - Flame (dark burgundy), the other one I believe was Infini - blue. I am not sure if the true reason for getting it for free was that I am a good customer (made a couple of purchases a year and couple of repairs as well) or this color has an known issue with the glazing, so LV covers the cost of the repair...All in all it should not be very expensive. I do not have the receipt with me now, but I remember around $500 for reglazing of the bag's corners, new crossbody strap and replacement of 2 handles + new lock. It is a lot, but practically I got back a new bag... What color is your Lumi?

Last edited: