The Holiday Thread

My list of food gifts is longer than I thought:

Luxurious (read: fatty thanks to ungodly amounts of butter and cream, so much they need an emulsifier) caramels
the sliced almond/milk chocolate things (though I might not share as I love them :lol: )
mandorlini (soft almond paste cookies)
spiced roll-out cookies that were a childhood favourite of the giftee
cashew brittle

I'll do the caramels and possibly the brittle today, then maybe the chocolates tomorrow so I can send samples to my sibling stuck at university.

So the brittle recipe was fabulous (just be quick flattening it, it is not thin enough to spread out by itself). The caramel recipe gave me grief - which again I credit to sloppy writing - but worked out somewhat. I will probably look for another recipe for the future, though.

Now the cookies and possibly another batch of stollen.

Reactions: Mrs.Hermess
If anyone needs a Bundt pan, Casaware (recommended by @DoggieBags ) is excellent
I do butter and flour the pan, but the cake just fell out, no sticking and it’s easy to clean.
blueberry cream cheese pound cake with double berries and a scant spoon of baking powder (no lemon extract)
crosspost from small things that make you happy thread

View attachment 5900268View attachment 5900269View attachment 5900270
I missed all this. I desperately need a pan

Tried to edit because I didn't start the video before singing its praises. Jemma owns the bakery, Sally who does the video used to be her bakery manager and now seems to have stepped down to focus on baking classes. She's still doing videos once in a while but the majority of the current videos is Jemma and Dane (who used to be super fan before he started working for them). I clearly know too much about these people, thanks to the Covid years :lol:

P.S. jam on cream is Devon cream tea, cream on jam is Cornish cream tea.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Mrs.Hermess
Tried to edit because I didn't start the video before singing its praises. Jemma owns the bakery, Sally who does the video used to be her bakery manager and now seems to have stepped down to focus on baking classes. She's still doing videos once in a while but the majority of the current videos is Jemma and Dane (who used to be super fan before he started working for them). I clearly know too much about these people, thanks to the Covid years :lol:

P.S. jam on cream is Devon cream tea, cream on jam is Cornish cream tea.
Wow. Thank you sooo much. Will give them a try Saturday!!! Thank you. Recipe looks amazing

• Love
Reactions: QueenofWrapDress