the high prices have kept me from enjoying my collection.

Flowerpotpot

Oct 2, 2021
how have you treated your chanel bags since the ridic price increases?

I’ve found out that since my handbags are now worth so much (compared to when I got them-some just a few short years back and some over 10 years ago) that I can’t seem to enjoy them anymore. I realized that I’m even more careful when I wear them out.. like they should be in glass cases where they’re protected.

I also feel silly walking around town meeting friends, doing errands with an ultra expensive handbag.

Wondering if others have felt the same way.

I understand. I felt the same way. Mostly during the height of the pandemic.

Now I'm more at ease with my collection because I realize life is finite. Our time here is limited. If I don't carry my handbags in my 40s, how long do I have to wait? Then what's the point? The more I use my bags, the more they belong to me.....

Of course I don't carry my Hermes birkins when shopping at COSTCO. But a Starbucks run with my Chanel is perfectly fine. :smile:

Honestly I’m the exact opposite
I used to baby everything and hardly wear my bags. What would happen is my tastes would change or lifestyle and I started to not like some bags I once loved (many without ever wearing them!!)

Now I wear everything because I feel it’s such a waste to buy things and not use them. Life is short and unpredictable so we should enjoy wearing these expensive things!

I am in the opposite position. After all those crazy increased, I am appreciating my collection more and more. And surprisingly I use it more now. Not to show off but I just want to enjoy my hard earned money. They are just too beautiful to just sitting on the closets and I don’t think selling them will make me happy even it can bring lots of money. My collections are all classic (med flap, mini flap, 2 boys, reissue, woc, coco handle, c19), it doesn’t make sense if I regret later on and need to repurchase with that crazy price. :lol: