the high prices have kept me from enjoying my collection.

I use my bags still if it fits what I require for the day but in the back of my mind I also think there's no way is this bag that I bought in 2015 now worth £9,200 or whatever figure it is Chanel has plucked out of the sky. There is also that concern there that it makes me a target for crime which unfortunately has become more of an issue.

Nope, don’t feel that way at all.

Once I’ve purchased a bag, it just becomes something I own, its purchase/current value becomes irrelevant. The only determining factor for whether I wear a bag is if it works with my outfit. Except for one Loewe puzzle, Chanel and H are the only brands of bags I own, so those are the ones I wear out.

I think we sometimes overestimate how much others around us know/care about luxury bags. Most people have an idea that Chanel bags are expensive, but not many (in the general public) know exactly how expensive. If you wore a medium CF out, nobody would know it’s currently valued at 10k+ except yourself and mayyyybe 1 other person on the street.

I don’t feel guilty at all. I wear all of my things whether to the store or out to dinner. Life is too short to have them stored away. If I don’t wear something I just will sell and find use for the money elsewhere.

Reactions: lsquare
After this whole pandemic thing, I feel just the opposite about my stuff, I want to use everything all the time. Life is so short, what are we saving our nice things for? Enjoy it all!:flowers:
This resonates with me as I want to use everything I own. Don't get me started with the tags still on clothing! I am working through all the things I bought recently and making a conscious effort to wear or use everything. 100% agreed, life is short.

Perhaps to each his own. I was in the same boat a few years ago. Who cares right? I worked hard. I want it. I’ll wear it. But now that they’re in the 5 figures?! Where would I need to go to be wearing a $10,000 handbag on the regular? I just think there is a big difference between 10k and I don’t know.. a 5-6k handbag.
I bought my Chanel jumbo when it was around $3500-ish. At that time, I thought I'd committed a crime purchasing such an expensive bag. :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously I felt remorseful for more than a week.

Fast forward now. Wow. Wow.

But do try to wear it when you're with good family and friends, even just a small get-together, an afternoon tea, otherwise everything is just collecting dust.

This resonates with me as I want to use everything I own. Don't get me started with the tags still on clothing! I am working through all the things I bought recently and making a conscious effort to wear or use everything. 100% agreed, life is short.
I’m trying to do the same and work through all the items I’ve been “saving” for the right time! :facepalm: Lol

I don't really understand why people suddenly feel concerned because the price of their bag, if they were purchasing it new, has increase. Your 10yo Chanel bag doesn't value at 10k at most places. If you try to resell it, it will probably be around the price you bought it. Not the price of a new one. Also, rare are the people who know when there's a Chanel increase and are tracking on the street are much those bags worth so they can judge you or rob you. People who are judging a 10k bag are also judging a 2k bag. So if you are feeling bad for going out with a Chanel, you should feel bad for going out with any luxury goods.
Just enjoy your bag. And keep in mind there's so many fake ones out there, there's a chance no one even knows you own a real one.